You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Tamagno - I wish I could 'like' your post from today a few more times.  It describes my feelings and frustrations so well.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

auntiekris

325.  Self inflicted.  It's been a rough couple of days, mainly just blue as I'm so over this job of mine.  Soul crushing.  And yet, trying to be thankful for having so much work and being able to pay my bills (and more) and have a roof over my head.

But oh my gosh, getting caught up with everyone and all I can say is hugs all around.  How stressful it must be.  Thinking good thoughts!

We had quite a bit of rain here last night/this morning which translates my typical 40 minute commute into 1 1/2 hours plus...but, yay! rain!

bigskygal

121 this cloudy morning, 130 at bedtime last night. Not crazy about these numbers but it is what it is...

Feeling somewhat better today, still no appetite. My pcp's office called me today to see how I was doing. That was an unexpected surprise. I told them about the same. She said she'd call again in a few days after I have seen the surgeon. The nurse said the dr left me a message a few days ago, but it is not to be found anywhere...

Drizzly rain on and off all afternoon. Don't mind it. They shut down the irrigation ditch behind my house yesterday so I don't have a running water sound any more so I'll take the rain.

Yep John, you sent me to the dictionary too! Latrogenic issues were exactly why I did not take the meds my pcp prescribed when I saw him.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

bigskygal

The results from the liver test just came
through the patient portal. I do not have the gene that stores iron in the liver. That is good, but what the heck is wrong with me then??

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Maybe, a short trip would do you good.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

163 this morning.

I like your prescription for BigSkyGal, SKB! They should have more of those, vis, go on a cruise, blow your diet and drink too much. Or maybe the old timey ones where you have to take laudanum (liquor mixed with opiates). They'd get much better compliance.

Turns out I've got folate anemia which is nothing more than a shortage of folic acid. I'll have to take prescription supplements, but it's another reason I'm so tired, weak and losing weight. Apparently it's common in those having had gastric bypass and cancer. Also common in pregnancy. Sort of doubt I'm pregnant somehow...

My latest tale of back-office woes involves a "lost" fax that I've now sent twice to the correct number. Looks to me like few offices are doing at all well with all the medical technology. I can't imagine being an MD and having to spend another couple of hours a day going through e-mails and/or texts.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

83 this morning.

Tamagno - It is very good to hear that the docs have finally decided how best to help you feel better.  I had that folate anemia when I was pregnant with my first child many years ago.  Hope the supplement will give you back some of your former energy.

BigSkyGal - I was wondering how long it has been since you had your well water tested?  It really isn't hard to have done and you could eliminate your drinking water as a source of your tummy troubles.  Just a thought.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  With the cloud cover we had yesterday morning it looked like we could get some rain but it broke up and we only got wind.  It looks like the same thing today. 
Barbara, well, at least that is one thing eliminated but still doesn't answer your problem.  I hope you get to see the Dr. soon.
Tamagno, I think there is a black hole in each doctors office that swallows up all faxes.  They never seem to know where they are.  Hope the supplement does the job for you.  I have been taking supplements since my ordeal with hypercalcemia and still need to but all of my levels are in the normal range so it apparently is necessary. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

Barb, I hope you figure this out soon!  Tamagno, thank goodness you're not pregnant.   ;D

More rain last night, but I think that's the end of it for awhile, sadly.

Hockey season starts soon, and that is a beautiful thing.

bigskygal

114 this cloudy morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions... Surgeon cancelled my appointment for today. I don't need surgery so don't need to see him.  It turns out I have pancreatitis and now have an appointment with my pcp for next Wed. He wants me to stick to a mostly liquid diet, soup/broth are about all that has tasted good so no problem with that.

I have actually been feeling somewhat better the last couple of days...

Tamagno

179 this morning.

Ouch, BigSkyGal; pancreatitis can be an ordeal! I'm a little surprised they haven't put you in hospital a few days. Get better soon...

Stumbled upon a quick and yummy way of making a fried egg, vis, put a little shredded cheese in a no stick pan and heat to start browning it. Then an egg on top, wait until the whites set a bit and flip. You can put whatever you want on it and enjoy a crunchy, cheesy little meal.

As I was making this small guilty pleasure, I went all out and bought some Velveeta cheese which is something I hadn't had in over 50 years. With some raw onion and ketchup the stuff was surprisingly good!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

139 this morning and really don't know where that came from.

I have to go to another town to pick up my hearing aid from repair - I hope.  Last week we drove 25 miles to that town and that medical office only to be told that the hearing aid was not back from repair and no one bothered to call and let me know.  It is getting harder and harder to reach any medical office in this area.  You can never call and get the doctor office directly.  You always get a call center who then relays the message - maybe.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Well, we did get some rain yesterday, about 10-20 drops on the concrete, but actually water from the sky.  Not near enough to be counted by my rain gauge but, hey, it was rain.  I saw it !
Tamagno, I just saw an article this morning describing how to fry an egg with melted cheese and thought I would try it !  You beat me to it and it does look good.  I have stayed away from Velveta I guess because it is a processed product and not "real cheese" but I really don't know that it is actually bad.  The fact that it doesn't have to be refrigerated makes me wonder though.  I have to admit that it always made a really good grilled cheese sandwich.
Barbara, well, at least you know where the problem is and I hope it is not long before you can get better. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I have always loved an egg sandwich . . . just fry an egg - break the yolk - add a slice of cheese & let it melt. Haven't had one in years . . . I may just fix one today! Shouldn't do it, but I think I will anyhow! We actually have bread in the house, so a sandwich is possible. Dunno WHY we have bread, but DH did the shopping, so it'll be all his fault, right?!  ;)

Away I go for a fried egg sandwich for breakfast! Yea!

walkerwally1

I have been buying LC bread from Netrition and doing OK with it.  They claim 0 carbs because it is fiber but it still does have an effect on my BG, but nowhere near what regular bread does.  I enjoy having a sandwich sometimes and this lets me. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023