You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam

Quote from: Tamagno on October 06, 2018, 05:30:42 AM
I'm not sure what the "blue piece" is either Shanny, but I do seem to recall seeing some setting to alter colors. Come to think of it, I may poke around there some to see if I can get bigger/brighter text.

We have a Right Panel that is made up of Blocks. Each Block is outlined in red in the image below;
[attachment id=0]

Lower down, look for the Change Theme Block;
[attachment id=1]

The rest should be easy.

Grammabear

94 this morning.

I changed my color theme to blue as it seems to make the text easier for me to read.  It is alright if admin wants to change that.

Hubby and I will be helping oldest son move to a new apartment today.  I just hope my blood sugar behaves itself.  I am also being forced to use a new insulin by insurance.  So last night I had to switch from Novolog to Humalog.  Should be an interesting day I hope.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  Thanks SKB.  I knew they were scroll arrows but I had never seen them before.  I think it was changed when I installed the latest Microsoft update.  I am using Windows 10 and the Edge browser.  They don't bother me but I was curious why they suddenly showed up.  I have been set on the Blue Piece theme since it was made available but I just went back to the default and it seems just fine so I am not upset if it is done away with. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

I just checked and the arrows are not there on Firefox or Chrome so it was an issue with the Edge browser. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this cloudy morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Daytime temps have been in the low 50's, nighttime in the low 30's. Forecast for 31°F tomorrow overnight. The mountains behind me are dusted with snow and shrouded in clouds. The ones out front are lower so not much snow there.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

209 this morning.

Just changed my colors to "blue piece" which I'm finding easier to see as well. No big deal, but I prefer it so far.

Grammabear, for the most part, I'm finding any differences between Humalog and Novolog indistinguishable; over the years my insurance has switched them several different times.

I've updated to iOS 12 on my iPad and using Safari pretty much exclusively along with Google for my search engine. Seems as though there used to be a lot more web sites at which not all features could be accessed via iOS, but that seems less the case the last couple of years. I've tried any number of other browsers, but Safari seems best and easiest to me so far.

I'm collecting recipes for rabbit and squirrel as I'll have access to fresh killed ones before long; same with venison. Properly dressed and prepared, all are really good but ridiculously expensive if bought commercially. Fortunately, I've a friend who hunts and fishes his property extensively and is always happy to share. Should be able to get some by the end of the month.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

117 this morning.

Tamagno - The Humalog seems to be same as Novolog almost.  My blood sugar hovered yesterday between 105 and 115 most of the day.  It took a sharp dive down to 60 after my shower last night and then obviously a sharp rise into the 200s after low blood sugar treatment.  Ugh............

We got rain night before last, almost 2 inches of it.  As we were travelling yesterday to help son move, we saw many corn fieds with lots of water standing, so it will be very hard for the farmers to harvest the fields without getting their tractors and combines stuck in the mud.

Hubby is painting the kitchen today as we finally decided on a color.  I just hope it remains clear outside as a bit of sunshine makes it much easier to see where the paint has covered or has not.  Have a good day to all.

John - I envy you having access to fresh game meat.  It is something my husband used to do as well and now he misses it terribly, especially the venison.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  WOW, we actually got rain yesterday !  Not just a drizzle but rain.  It started around 6PM last night and everything got wet, really wet.  Total was just over 1/8 inch which doesn't sound like a lot to most people but around here it is quite good.  Bright and sunny this morning and that little bit is all we are going to see for a while. 
Tamagno, I never developed a liking for game meat although I think the preparation of it may have a lot to do with it. 
I have an iPad but I do most of my work on my desktop and have never really tried to use Safari and I have never tried to use it for the forum.  I probably should as a backup method.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

98 this morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

Still feeling pretty well. No pain, small nausea... I'm just not buying the pancreatitis dx...

The last few nights it has lightly rained, but the days have been pretty nice. Nice Fall weather!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

278 this morning.

Just not feeling well again; napped yesterday afternoon and went to bed at 7:30. No idea what's up...

Already set up to get some fresh squirrel. Most game is lower fat so responds well to a long, slow cook which is what I'll do much like a pot roast.

Likely spend today just getting glucose down and trying to get back to normal. No other plans...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

144 this morning.

Weather here today is supposed to be in the 80s and some sunshine instead of rain.  The leaves on the trees are just starting to turn color.  It is what the old timers used to call "Indian Summer" and no idea why it was called that.  I guess maybe it was because it was warmer days and cooler nights - which makes for comfortable sleeping.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We were at 52° (11°C) this morning which is the lowest so far.  Our high yesterday was 77° (25°C) so really nice.  This week we are having a new heating/air conditioning system installed.  The old heating unit is not expected to last through the winter.  It is the original and the house was built in 1974.  The dual pack has a natural gas heater and a refrigeration A/C unit that use the same ducts for central heat/air.  In the past it was prohibitive to run refrigeration A/C units here because they had to run so long each day and swamp coolers were much cheaper but the new A/C units are so much more efficient nowadays the cost is about the same.  Makes it much nicer when it gets humid.
Tamagno, hope you are able to get things back in order. 
Barbara, I wonder if it was possibly a case of food poisoning ?   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

auntiekris

189 - although that's current reading as I forgot to check this morning.

Good to catch up on all, although I have my roller skates on after taking the weekend off before my last big deadline next Monday.  Went to Fresno and played in a Petanque tournament.  Super fun, although I caved under pressure and played lousy in our game we needed to win to continue on to the consolante final.  So much of this competition stuff is in my head (as is most things).  Silly.

Be well everyone xo.

bigskygal

105 this morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

Well Wally, I suppose anything is possible... though I make my own food with just an occasional purchase from the hot bar at the grocery store. I'm beginning to think I had some sort of "bug". I see my pcp on Wed will see what he says now.

skb

Quote from: auntiekris on October 08, 2018, 02:22:39 PM
Went to Fresno and played in a Petanque tournament.  Super fun, although I caved under pressure and played lousy in our game we needed to win to continue on to the consolante final.  So much of this competition stuff is in my head (as is most things).  Silly.

I had to take Google's help to actually learn how the game is played.
Having been a competitive shooter I know very well, the "stress" that is competition induced. Nothing silly about it. Wish you better luck at the next game.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH