You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Mumbai is back to a cooler temperature again.

125 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

105 this morning.

Yesterday proved to be another day of insertion set woes - once done right, my T-slim is great! I just need to gain some weight which just isn't happening, I guess.

It was in the low 50s here yesterday which was wonderful even though it pretty much poured rain all day. Today is back to cold with snow predicted for the weekend.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  There is a front coming through from the North and some rain much further North than here.  Kris may get some rain but it will be broken up before it gets here.  Just a bit cooler and windy tomorrow but then it starts to warm up and Sunday through Wednesday we are supposed to be in the 70's.  Los Angeles is to be in the 80's !  And this is the middle of winter !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

145 this morning. 

Another Winter day with cloudy skies and a gloomy outlook plus more rain.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this mostly clear morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night.

It got up to 45°F (7.22°C) today. No snow, now they say Thur, Fri, & Sat. I can wait...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 23, 2018, 01:31:15 AM
Good luck! Just curious- what is your job profile?

I work for a company that supplies pumps to the shipping lines. Mostly oil tankers. I'm at the back end operations interfacing with the shipping lines & crews.

95 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

156 this morning.

Seems my skin is really taking a beating this year with the cold weather, low humidity (even with humidifier) and wood burning. A variety of rashes, cuts and burns keep me using a number of different creams to try to keep up with it. It'll go away once warmer weather sets in, though.

Meanwhile, cleaning out my chest freezer proved fruitful, interesting and with not really much that had gone bad. I could chart the progress of illness and dietary interventions just by seeing what had been stored there over the last number of years (Bagels? Wow, it's been a long time!).

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It's supposed to be cooler today but at 6:00 AM it was 50° !  But it is windy and today's high is supposed to be 58°, no chance of rain here.  Warming up on the weekend.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

107 this morning.

Bright and early this morning our youngest son took us on a FB messenger video chat while doing a last minute 'walk-through' of the new home he will be buying tomorrow.  It was enjoyable to use new technology via his phone and mine to see the interior of a home that is 3 hours away from ours from the comfort of our living room. Since this is his first home, we are really happy for him.

This Winter season is hard on skin.  I think the best lotion I've found so far is the Aveeno Eczema lotion even though I don't have eczema.

We have bright sunshine today and 29 deg F  (-1.67 C) with a high of 45 expected.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this mostly clear morning, 100
(5.54) at bedtime last night.

No snow so far today either. High was 39°F (3.89°C). Snow still in forecast for Fri & Sat. 

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

106 this morning.

Grammabear, I'm using Gold Bond, something presumably for diabetics and several others, but will also try Aveena. Part of the trouble, of course, are the innumerable cuts, burns and testing places on my fingers that have trashed my hands. That's very exciting about your son's first house; something of a rite of passage for youngsters and it's wonderful you all could share it with the new technology!

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We are at 28° (-2.2°C) at 6:30AM so we are just below freezing.  Very windy yesterday but it is out of here today and it is supposed to warm up starting tomorrow.  They are expecting high temps around 85° (29.4°C) in the Los Angeles area starting Sunday.  And it's January !   :o
I had a Dermatologist recommend Cetaphil for my dry skin and Psoriasis, the cream, not the lotion, and it works as good as anything I have tried.  It is absorbed by the skin and is not greasy.  I also had another dermatologist recommend Aquaphor but it is greasy and kind of like putting Vaseline on.  Didn't like that.  I think it doesn't hurt to try different things and see what you like the best. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

70 this morning.

I have an online friend who has had diabetes for over 50 years.  She has told me that each time she washes her hands and tests her blood sugar, she also applies hand cream or hand lotion afterwards.  I sometimes forget to do this and so my hands are sort of a mess being so dry and chapped.  I need to wear plastic gloves when doing dishes I guess.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this snowy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

About 1.5 inches of new snow overnight and during the day.

I have very dry skin too. During the Winter, I always have split/raw fingers. My Oncologist keeps remarking about it. I have tried so many lotions, O'Keeffe's Working Hands is pretty good. I just bought Gold Bond Diabetics Lotion to try, it seems pretty good too.

Tamagno

135 this morning.

My wife who's a clinical psychologist came home last night with yet more nightmarish stories about her hosital's drive to digitize everything. It's become more and more apparent that government agencies from Medicare and Medicaid through all the privacy (HIPPA) regulations have absolutely no idea what they're doing nor do the software engineers or administrators. Beyond that, a great many of the regulations are in conflict with those of other agencies. What a disaster it's all becoming! There's no regard whatsoever given to proper treatment only cost containment and income maximization as providers are pressured on all fronts.