You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

135 this morning and I have no clue where that came from. 

I have never had any kind of rash in the cold weather months until this year.  To make it a bit more challenging, I also must wear compression stockings.  The doctor I saw recently feels the compression stockings contribute to the eczema - so I am in a hard place.  I guess my only option is to find a lotion/cream or something that agrees with my skin and helps protect it both from the stockings and the cold weather.  Sigh.....

We are slowly getting our kitchen settled once again after being turned upside down with the painting.  Seems to be a long affair this setteling part.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Well, it is usually dry around here all of the time but a bit more humid in the winter.  Inside the house it is different because of the heat/cooling.  My skin tends to be dry so I use a lot of Cetaphil but I also have Psoriasis and I have been given different prescriptions for that with minimal results.  Dry itchy skin is no fun.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

Another beautiful day in the Bay Area, but am currently at work as we need to be out of the building by the end of the month.  Always something.

Sorry to hear about the painful, dry skin.  No fun.

bigskygal

90 this morning, 90 at bedtime last night too.

Yeah, dry skin weather is definitely here too. Really need to be more diligent applying lotion...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

127 this morning.

Quite cold here yesterday and last night, only barely managing 40 during the day and mostly in the 20s and low 30s. Actually got out my electric blanket last night; should be at least a bit warmer today.

Grammabear, anything tight also exacerbates my dry skin so I wouldn't think compression stockings would be at all comfortable. I imagine being on your feet a lot doesn't help so I expect you'll be wanting to get your kitchen over and done with.

My wife brought in the deck furniture and grill yesterday, so it looks like grilling season is definitely over this year...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

And DH brought out the electric blanket here too, so yep! Looks like it's definitely 'the season'! The electric blanket is way too warm for me, so I sleep somewhere else now . . .  ;)

But it's still moderate outside . . . overnight lows well into the 40s . . . haven't even gotten close to a frost yet.

Grammabear

120 this morning.

Kitchen is done except for new flooring which will wait until next year because of the cost involved.

Temperatures here are right around freezing 32 deg F however the weather lady forecast a high of 61 today.  Hubby wants to finish digging up our shamrock bulbs for wintering in the basement.  He will have a good day for that job.  Some years when he does that, he almost freezes his hands.

It is sad when it is the end of grilling season - IMO.  It is kind of like having to shut all the windows, so no more fresh air coming into the house from a nice breeze outside. 

Wally - Do you like the Cetaphil lotion the best?  I'm just looking for something that is mild but not a lot of fragrance.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  Not cold here, high yesterday was 82° and should be the same today.  Overnight lows in the mid 50s so no worry of freezing for a while.  Our BBQ stays outside all year and we grill pretty much year around.  We do have a covered patio though.
Grammabear, yes, Cetaphil was suggested by one of my Dermatologist a few years ago.  She advised me to use the cream, not the lotion, as it was more effective.  It seems to work quite well for me especially where I have Psoriasis.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

97 this lovely Fall morning, 79 at bedtime last night.

High today was 66°F overnight prediction is 37°F.

My strips arrived!! Just to show the absurdity of the costs. My invoice says for 400 One Touch Ultra Strips: Plan Amount: $445.84 My Cost: $2. I will never give up this rx service!!!

I do still like the generic meter, it seems to read a bit lower than the One Touch, but I know I can make myself crazy trying to use 2 different meters!!

Does any one have an Air Fryer? I am kind of looking at them on Amazon, but there are so many different ones it is hard to know which is best.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

180 this morning.

Just a bit warmer yesterday, but still a high of only about 45. We've had a couple of pretty good, hard frosts here already, Grammabear, but still a great many leaves on the trees.

BigSkyGal, I looked at air fryers quite a bit and found interesting reviews. I think if you go to "Fine Cooking" magazine you can find articles. I find I can do much the same thing in my convection oven so decided against getting one.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

91 this morning.

It froze again last night, so it was a very good thing that my hubby was able to bring our plants into the basement for winter.

I have heard a lot about 'Instant Pot' and was wondering if anyone else has heard about them too? 

Last week when I saw the nurse about my eczema, she gave me a printed "after visit summary" which listed my current medications.  In reviewing that list I saw 3 different insulins mention, two of which I do not take.  Also saw 2 different blood pressure medicines I do not use.  Now I will have to contact the office to see if I can correct 'their' records.  Just think if hospital personnel looked at that and insisted on giving me all these things I don't use???
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  It looks like our weather will change about Nov. 1.  Right now we are in the low 80s and Nov. 1 we are supposed to be about 71° for a few days at least.
I have not used an air fryer but my Sister in law has one and really likes it.  I have thought of getting one.
Grammabear, The "Instant Pot" is a pressure cooker you plug in instead of putting on the stove.  Not a new idea but it does work.
I think you are right to worry about the accuracy of the drugs on your record.  If you ended up in the hospital that is what you would be given.  I had that happen to me when I went to emergency and was admitted.  I had to jump through some hoops to finally get it corrected.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

auntiekris

104 this morning.  Yesterday was 132 after chasing lows of 50's all night.  Been rather high in the evenings though. 

I've never heard of an air fryer, but will google.

The weather here has been quite lovely, mid 40's in the morning and mid 70's to 80's. 

bigskygal

94 this morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

Thanks Tamagno & Wally. I will look up the "Fine Cooking" magazine for articles. it is good to hear someone "real" does like their air fryer. I never know if I can trust the reviews on Amazon.

I don't have a convection oven so this might be a good thing for me.

skb

Quote from: auntiekris on October 23, 2018, 10:35:29 AM
I've never heard of an air fryer, but will google.

Our "fear of fats" gave birth to many things. An air fryer is one such thing.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH