You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  I went a bit overboard last night for dinner so not unexpected.
  No snow blower here and no need for warmer clothing yet.  The Weather Channel is talking about "The Blob" which is a warm area in the ocean off the coast of Alaska.  If it remains in place it could mean warmer and drier weather for the West Coast this winter and colder further East.  Then again it may break up and have no effect. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this rainy morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

78 this morning.

"The Blob" is a new weather term to me Wally and I'm wondering if it's like the movie of the same name I saw when I was a kid...

Rain here again for the next few days. Thankfully, it's still just a bit too warm for snow!

We seem often to have somewhat parallel lives Grammabear as I didn't sleep well last night either and also woke on the low side. I'm just glad I was kept awake by my wife's phone chatter and not sirens. Hopefully, not much damage from the emergency out there.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

149 this morning.
Dexcom is being 'naughty' as the night before he woke me 4 times with erroneous readings.  I am due to change the sensor today so I hope that improves the readings.

The emergency in this area happened to be a fire at a heat treating plant.  They were afraid of a gas explosion from natural gas lines also in the area, but fortunately that didn't happen.  The fire required a 'box alarm' which means since the plant water supply was cut off, the fire chief had to call in fire trucks from surrounding areas.  Some seventeen fire trucks brought in their tanker trucks to eventually put out the fire.  I don't believe there were any injuries or fatalities - just an untold amount of damage to the plant.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  It now looks like our drop in temps will be further away.  Now it will be at least another week of temps in the high 80s.  Yeah Tamagno, I have heard them talk about "The Blob" before.  Not like the movie, just a warmer spot of water in the ocean that may influence the weather.  So it could be warmer this winter on the west coast or it may just dissipate and have no effect.  Then there is supposed to be an El Niño this winter but a mild one so it could be wetter and warmer or colder and drier.  In other words, if you want to know what the weather is look out the window.   ::)
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

92 this drizzly morning, 80 at bedtime last night.

The drizzle cleared late morning. Looks like temps are dropping a bit from low 60's to high 40's, nights still above freezing.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

106 this morning.

Well, it's really not morning just yet, but I'm awake so I figured I'd go ahead and post.

Grammabear, I'm not quite sure just what a heat treating plant is, but it sounds like quite a fire. Glad it didn't get out of hand! Dexcom is often pretty wildly off the 12-24 hrs. before a sensor change which can be irritating. If I've been careful with food, though, I'll often turn off the alarms then; nothing you can do if it's reporting serious lows, though.

Major winds here all day yesterday along with rain that's supposed to stick around most of the week. Good weather for staying home and indoors.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

93 this morning.

We have 49 deg F this morning and that will be our high for today with a low of 37 deg F.  Our trees are dropping their leaves, but only sporadically, especially if it is a little windy.

Tamagno - It is a relief to know that you have also noticed the erratic readings of Dexcom prior to a sensor change.  I was beginning to think that something was wrong with my transmitter/sensor.

Has anyone on this board ever heard of or used 'green banana flour'?  I picked up a small package of it at our store and just noticed yesterday that the country of origin is India.  I tried doing a little research on it, but haven't had enough time to do so thoroughly.  It would be nice to have an occasional sweet thing to make to go with a meal.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  Still shorts and T-shirt weather here.  It looks like it will be that way for a few days at least. 
Grammabear, I really never heard of green banana flour before.  Apparently it is a resistant starch and more so than the reheated potato is.  It may be worth trying to see just how it does with your bg. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

91 this cloudy morning, 93 at bedtime last night.

Rain started around noon and has been steady ever since. The leaves are really coming down now, won't be long before I can call my yard guy for Fall clean up.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on October 28, 2018, 10:10:06 AM
Has anyone on this board ever heard of or used 'green banana flour'?  I picked up a small package of it at our store and just noticed yesterday that the country of origin is India.  I tried doing a little research on it, but haven't had enough time to do so thoroughly.

Heard of it, never used it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

80 this morning.

Haven't heard of green banana flour before and am wondering about the flavor and sweetness, if any. Could be an interesting alternative for frying chicken, etc. I'll look around some for recipes.

Had my first wood stove fire yesterday and it was great. Takes the edge out of the damp and chill like nothing else.

Grammabear

125 this morning.

I hope to get the chance to try the green banana flour in a fairly simple recipe.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Still on the warm side with a high of 89° yesterday but it should start to cool down a bit.  No fire in the wood stove here yet.   :D
It would be interesting to hear about how the green banana flour works out.  Being a retrograded starch it may be OK although it seems kind of pricy.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

91 again this morning, 85 at bedtime last night.

I had half of a baked potato for dinner last night. Loaded it with butter, cheese and sour cream, sure was good. I wasn't sure what to expect this morning, but it seems it was OK.