You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

I can get away with a small amount of baked tater too, as long as I drown it in butter & sour cream!

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on October 29, 2018, 06:00:14 PM
I can get away with a small amount of baked tater too, as long as I drown it in butter & sour cream!
''

I don't know if I did it right, but I took a white baking potato, wrapped it in saran wrap, put it in the microwave and nuked it.  When it was finished, I removed it from the microwave and put it in the refrigerator for 24 hrs.  Then I cut it in half and slathered it with butter and a dab of sour cream.  Beats them ole' McDonald's fries that the TV advertises.  !!!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

I rubbed the skin with Avocado oil and then salted it. Baked it in the oven and the skin was to die for with extra SC in it!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

173 this morning.

From what I can see, green banana flour may be better for glucose, but I don't use enough wheat flour to make a big enough difference to justify the cost. By the way, for you sour cream users, I've been seeing recipes for making your own with heavy cream as a base. Doesn't look hard, so I may give it a try.

Once more time to order sensors from Dexcom today; hopefully without the usual hassles...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Hubby mowed the grass for the last time (we hope) this season.  He put the bagger on the mower and uses the cut grass clippings for the compost pile.  Next spring he puts the compost on the garden before he does the digging and planting.  We had such a nice crop of green beans this year, maybe we will be lucky next year also.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  It is supposed to be cooler today and tomorrow but then back into the high 80s.
I had a 1/2 baked tater yesterday too.  Lots of sour cream and it looks like it was OK again. 
Grammabear, I never heard of wrapping a potato in Saran wrap when baking it in the microwave but if it worked for you I guess it's OK.  I just coat the potato in oil and jab it with a fork several times and bake.  Seems to work just fine. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Wally - in our local grocery store, they sell single potatoes, either white or sweet potato wrapped in a saran wrap type material.  Usually I bake potatoes in the oven especially if I have something else to bake at the same time.  However.....the last time I baked potatoes in my oven, it exploded ALL over the place.  I had poked it with a fork numerous times and it STILL exploded.  Now I am a little leary about baking potatoes in the oven in spite of the fact I've done it hundreds of times before.  Believe me it took me hours to clean the oven just to the point where I could put it through the self cleaning cycle.  I'm not sure just what it is about resistant starch that is desirable.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

108 this cloudy morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

105 this morning.

It'd be so great to have another good crop of green beans again, next year, Grammabear; sure hope it works out! I'm pretty sure our mowing is done for the year as well.

I did do enough servicing on my snow blower yesterday to be sure it's working, so that's one more fall chore done. Still a great many leaves to fall; seems they're very late coming down this year and with daylight savings arriving November 4th, I begin to suspect many will stay on the ground this winter.

I want to try making sour cream today (actually creme fraiche, it's close cousin) which is nothing more than good, heavy cream combined with buttermilk or yogurt and left at room temperature for 24 hours and then refrigerated. Should be fun to experiment with.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning and 90 at bedtime last night.  This hasn't happened to me in a good long while.  Very nice not to wake from having a low.

We had a thunderstorm last night and temperatures around 55 to 60.  The rain came down so hard that our downspouts almost could not handle it all.  Of course we lost our satellite signal as every time it rains hard, the cable goes out.

Tamagno - what delectable dish are you going to serve with your sour cream?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

109 this morning.  Cooler yesterday at 74° and it should be the same today but then heading back up to the 80s for at least a week and then back into the low 70s.  Mowing the lawn goes on around here year around and there is no need for a snow blower so winter prep is pretty easy. 
Tamagno, looking forward to hearing how the sour cream comes out. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this cloudy morning, 97 at bedtime last night.  Maybe should have waited another day before having the other half of that baked potato?

Most of my leaves are down now, will be calling my yard people tomorrow. What is still on the tree now will be cleaned up when it is time for Spring clean-up.

Tamagno

199 this morning.

The creme fraiche isn't ready yet, Grammabear, but I'd like to have beef of some sort with it. Haven't quite decided...

I'd forgotten its mouse season in the house, and got my traps baited and out yesterday. Always seem to be extra winter chores.

Grammabear

93 this morning.

Trying a new flavor of coffee this morning from Bernie's Coffee Co.  Hope it tastes good.

Hubby had to take our stove hood vent apart to dispose of a mouse that fell victim to the trap he placed there.  It seems that every winter we have at least 2-3 meece get caught in that place.  Once they expire the smell is extremely unpleasant. 

I placed and received my second order from Outer Aisle.  I love their sandwich thins and they keep so well in the freezer.  I put one in the toaster very carefully, and use it as I would a slice of wheat toast.  It is very kind to my BGs.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  A bit cool here for me at 70° for a high yesterday and 44° this morning.  It is supposed to be warming up today and should be in the 80s for about a week and then back down.  The Weather Channel is predicting a warm November for the West and I'm OK with that.  I really do like warmer.   `8)

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023