You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

They even kill CATS?!

Tamagno

176 this morning.

Gosh, I forgot for a bit there that our clocks got put back last night; I'll have to have a nap later.

Around here, BigSkyGal, you've little hope at the grocery around holidays and those sales, otherwise you're liable to get run over by all the other shoppers. I've learned to be strategic about it best I can.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

109 this morning.

My DH and I went to the grocery store on Friday and it was a madhouse.  There were so many people in every part of the store.  You might think it was Thanksgiving or Christmas.  There was no special sale, but as was said earlier, it was the 3rd and assistance checks came in.  I hate shopping when the store is so full of people.  Our store is huge and has something like 25 checkout lanes and still we waited about 30 minutes to check out.  I did learn something kind of interesting though.  When the checkout person runs your items over the 'scanner' and it makes a "beep" ~ they are timed by the beeps.  If the beeps are too far apart, that means they are working too slow and they get a demerit for that slowness.  Somehow I think that removes the personal touch from even grocery shopping. 

I can remember shopping with my Grandmother as a child and the checkout grocery clerk would chat with Grandma like she was an old friend.  None of that these days which I think is sad.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  I have 3 clocks in the house that automatically reset by the atomic radio signal that comes from Colorado.  It works great and all clocks reset overnight.  I didn't realize it but my Fitbit reset also.  I did enjoy an extra hour of sleep.
I have had dogs and cats that lived together in harmony but a lot of dogs will consider a cat as something to kill.   I would not want to see a cat come into my yard because I am not sure how the dogs would react. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

81 this morning, 71 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

196 this morning.

Some years back, Wally, I had an Akita who was so sweet she could be trusted around anyone, but would absolutely kill any other animal including cats and dogs. You're wise to be careful!

It's back to cooler weather here, but it looks merely seasonal this week with highs in the mid-40s.

Well, my plan for making creme fraiche failed my first effort and never thickened. I suspect my buttermilk wasn't sufficiently shaken up and am trying once more. If that doesn't work, I'll try again with yogurt instead of buttermilk.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Anyone ever have eczema flares and do they eventually go away or are they always with you?  Mine isn't improving and can sometimes be quite uncomfortable.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Our "cooler" weather is going to get down to the low 70s !  It looks like a good part of the middle of the country is going to be freezing and I don't envy that. 
Yeah Tamagno, the Rottweiler is pretty easy going and I think he would be just fine with a cat but the rescue Australlian Cattle dog is probably not.  She sees a cat across the street through the fence and raises heck.  I would expect her to be a problem.
Grammabear, I have no experience with eczema but I have dealt with Psoriasis for many years.  My dermatologist gives me a prescription for a steroid cream that helps a lot.  It doesn't cure it but tames it down a lot.  These steroid creams tend to thin the skin so it can only be used 2 weeks at a time but work much better than any over the counter product I have tried.  I know the two are not the same but seem very similar.  It's probably worth seeing your doctor or a dermatologist. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

253.  I've just finished with two of the most stressful weeks - the office my business was in (which my mom also happened to own) just sold.  30 years of documents, records, furniture, detritus. 

Plus I've merged my business with another to lessen the workload, but I expect the next tax season will be anything but easy. 

Oh well.  It's time to focus on my health as that has taken a back seat for some years now.  Finally made an appointment with the doc, and will get my A1c checked, before I meet with her next week.  I've been assigned a new one, we will see how that goes. 

Shanny

No experience with eczema here either, but Mom battled psoriasis for many years, and in those days there wasn't much help for it. Her joints would get pretty bad - elbows especially - and during her childbearing years, it always got a lot worse once a month. Glad I didn't inherit!

bigskygal

104 this morning, 83 at bedtime last night.

Snow in the forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday. The yard guy is coming tomorrow, I just hope the snow holds off long enough for him to finish.

No experience with eczema here either, sorry I can't help Grammabear

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

158 this morning.

I'm not sure just what the winter rash is I get, Grammabear, but it's here early and pretty much all over, mostly arms and legs. It responds some to various OTC creams, but never goes away entirely. Itchy and painful, but I've no plans to involve doctors.

My latest dilemma is exhaustion after eating. For some reason, there are days that about an hour after eating, I simply must sleep awhile. Yesterday was like that and I spent most of it asleep. Hopefully not the case today.

Auntiekris, moving years of files and related office stuff must be an awful chore. Hope you get settled again quickly!

Grammabear

109 this morning.

auntiekris ~ Dealing with business chores is trying both mentally and physically.  I hope your doctor appt goes well and maybe he/she will have some helpful input for your situation.

Tamagno ~ what does your doctor say about the fatigue after eating?  A nap after eating sounds good to me, but if you are concerned about it, maybe calling the doctor is in order.

I guess eczema is just another "bump" in the road of life for me.  It doesn't seem to be getting better, but my options for steroid medicine only seem to treat the symptoms and not the reason for the problem.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Really nice weather here right now.  Unfortunately some people are having a much tougher time with tornados in the South and snow elsewhere.  Winter is not very far off.
Kris, I don't envy having to move 30 years of "stuff".  Last year I moved from the mountains to town after 25 years and it is a huge chore.
Grammabear, you are correct that the treatments are just for the symptoms.  There apparently is no cure so just trying to be comfortable is the goal.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

105 this snowy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

The snow started a bit after 11PM last night, very light and tapered off early this morning. About an inch total.  The yard guy came around noon and is actually clearing up the leaves. This guy is a keeper!!