You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

110 this morning.

No snow here yet, but just 20 miles south of here they got between 1-2 inches.  Don't miss it either.

I'm just holding my breath that my laptop doesn't quit on me like the desktop did. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  Apparently there has been a lot of snow in many areas and obviously some of you are dealing with it.  We were at 73° yesterday and should be about the same today.  The chance of rain next week is getting less and I doubt that we will see any moisture here.
The word from the fire areas is getting worse.  The Camp fire that took out the town of Paradise now has a death toll of 63 known dead with over 600 people missing.  The sad task of searching for human remains goes on.  Over 9000 homes destroyed in that fire.
Tamagno, I think you are right.  The Mac system seems more stable than Windows but then it is only used on Apple products so it has a known set of hardware to deal with.  You can't install the Mac OS on any other computer.  Windows has to deal with a huge variety of hardware and it is kind of clunky because of that.  But I can build a PC and I can't build a Mac so it works well for me.  I think if I just wanted to buy a computer and have it work without doing any more than plugging it in an Apple device would be the way to go. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this rainy morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

We were supposed to have a heavy snow this morning, didn't materialize. Had some hail earlier this afternoon, and now at 4:45PM it has begun to snow.

Wally, that is exactly why I love my Mac!!

I may have Shanny's phone number somewhere here, from when we set up this forum, I'll look for it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

ive PMed you her details.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

163 this morning.

Wally, I used to keep up with enough of PC's zillions of acronyms to enjoy playing around with their versatility, but quit trying to stay current some time back. Way too many encounters with the dreaded blue screen.

Hoping the news from Shanny is good news!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.

We have maybe an inch of the white stuff on the ground this morning.  The trees and the bushes look beautiful.  The birds look a mite confused about finding food so we will have busy feeders today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

109 this morning.  Well, our 40% chance of rain is now a 10% chance and I really don't expect to see anything.  I hope they do see some rain in the fire areas because they are not out yet.  Next this winter will be the mud slides from heavier rain. 
Tamagno, I have not seen a blue screen of death for many years.  I am now using Windows 10 and have since it came out and it has been quite stable so things have certainly improved over the years. 
Yes, hope Shanny is OK.  There aren't that many people on this forum so when one stops posting it sticks out and we are all getting older so it makes one wonder if something is wrong.  I have left instructions with my brother to let people know if I pass so this forum should get a notice.  Some people just get tired or busy and drift away. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this chilly morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

I did talk to Shanny early this afternoon and am glad to see she has posted.  :)

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

152 this morning.

Grammabear, I must confess it's hard for me to find beauty in snow just now because of the cold temperatures along with it. When I think of my older relatives who lived without running water or electricity in the house I'm amazed at their hardiness!

No bird feeders for us as they're sure to attract bears...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

74 this morning.

No bears here so we have bird feeders just so we have something to watch during the cold weather.  Snow is only pretty the first time it falls and I am on the inside looking out.  I have to go out to the grocery store today and absolutely not looking forward to that !!!
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  No worry about snow here !   :D  It looks like our chance of rain next week is all but gone here but it still looks good for some of the state and it is needed.
No bears here in town but the birds have plenty of natural food.  I still have my hummingbird feeders out and they are still here.  I think that as long as there is a food supply they will stay all year long. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

99 this cold/frosty morning, 95 at bedtime last night. Very cold here, but no snow in forecast.

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Somehow managed to oversleep this morning. When it's cold, I just hate getting out from under the blankets.

Speaking of which, the new down filled slippers I got (Baffin is the company, on Amazon) I wore the first time last night. They are REALLY warm with plenty of room for diabetic feet.

Grammabear

162 this morning.  Blood sugar climbed 60 some points overnight and no food intake.  I changed the infusion set this morning, hopefully bs will return to target in a few hours.

Tamagno - your new slippers sound cosy and warm.  I don't like to get out of a warm bed either, but when Dexcom "calls" I tend to listen. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  According to the Weather Channel the period from November through February is going to be warmer than normal in the Western USA and colder than normal in the Eastern USA.  So far that seems to be right.  Some parts of California are expecting rain this week but not here.  Of course the threat of mudslides is next on the list.
The new heating system works quite well and is set to come on in the morning so it is nice and warm when time to get out of bed.  It's nice to not have to get up when it is brrrrrrrrrr cold and have to start a fire before it warms up.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023