You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  I was surprised to see the temp at 5:30 AM at 54° and it is just as clear as it can be.  Other weather stations in the area are reporting the same so it must be so.  Our high is supposed to be 64° so not that much higher.
I agree Tamagno, I see no reason to go near a store today. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

110 this morning.

Yes, today is an excellent day to stay home where it is quiet and warm.  My hubby and younger son went to Best Buy to buy several parts for the computer that is in process.  Hubby came home and said "You would not have liked it at Best Buy, half of the city was there shopping.  The thing that shocked me was seeing a young mother with a small child of approximately 2 yrs of age slurping on a Starbucks can of their coffee."  Good grief, Starbucks doesn't have enough business selling to adults so they have to hit the younger kids?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

124 this morning, 112 at bedtime last night. Still not feeling well, little fever, coughing and sore throat... guess that explains the numbers.  :(

Talked to my son last night. He was up at the Paradise fire for several days. He is a Batallion Chief for Central County Fire in the Bay Area. He said the devastation was unbelievable. He said the recent rain knocked down the flames but they are still searching for remains and doing cleanup. His voice was really hoarse and he was coughing. He said the air was really bad there.

I just don't know how people come back from something like that...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

137 this morning.

BigSkyGal and Wally, all the news I hear from California is horrendous, indeed. Can't begin to imagine the recovery process either.

Here, it's just cold with more today. In a radical move, I made hamburgers last night before I get into the turkey leftovers today. I will have to venture out to the grocery today, but I think if I go early it ought to be reasonably quiet.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

127 this morning.  I brought home an oatmeal/raisin cookie from my SIL t Thanksgiving thinking that "just one" couldn't do too much.  I had it yesterday afternoon and I should have known better.  Not horrible but I was at 157 about 2 hours later so not a real good choice.  Well, it was something I wanted to try.
Yeah, it's hard to realize the scope of just how bad the devastation from the fires is.  The Camp Fire in Northern California is finally contained but they will be looking for remains for a long time.   Over 10,000 structures destroyed, mostly single family homes.  There are still over 400 people missing with 86 known dead.  The fire moved so fast some of the dead were found in their cars unable to escape.
The Woolsey Fire that ran from 1000 oaks to Malibu is fully contained with around 1000 structures destroyed and I believe 3 dead. 
The Camp Fire where Barbara's son is will be the hardest to recover from.  The town of Paradise which was pretty much a retirement community is basically gone.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this snowy morning, 95 at bedtime last night. Still feeling punk, but a bit better...

Woke to an inch or so of snow on the ground, may have some more this evening.

My son is home now they rotate shifts when they go to emergencies like that fire. He has sure seen his share of terrible things in his career. He was in Urban Search & Rescue during Katrina, he spent two weeks there basically clearing houses and looking for bodies.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

124 this morning.

Sure am glad there are still people like your son, BigSkyGal who are willing and able to do that kind of work - not something many aspire to do.

Warmer here today with highs in the low 40s. Don't know how long that'll last, but I'll take it when I can get it.

I'm up early and having breakfast chasing what otherwise would wind up being a low. Expect I'll crawl back to bed shortly...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

130 this morning.

My new pc is on its' way back home to Sheboygan, WI with youngest son.  The 'build' didn't go as planned.  It took my son all day last Thursday and most of the weekend trouble shooting and still the new pc doesn't cooperate.  So he took it home with him and will place it with a professional repairman he trusts.  I hope that it is something simple to resolve.

House got sort of turned upside down and now I can't find the external mouse I use with the laptop or my computer glasses.  Sigh.........
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  I can't complain about the weather here.  Our low was 40° and heading for a high of 68°.  Now they are saying there is a 60% chance of rain Thursday.  That will probably change a few times between now and then.
Sorry about your new PC Grammabear.  I've built a few myself and usually had no problems but they are complicated enough that problems do happen and finding the cause can be a problem.  Too bad, I just sold a really nice PC  that I built for $200 on Ebay.  I built it about 5 years ago and no longer had the room or need for it and that is all it would get. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

Found my computer glasses and my external mouse.  Found only one 'receiver' for the mouse so had to test all 3 of them to find which one 'talked' to the receiver.

We're having blizzard like conditions and anticipated snow is in excess of 6-12 inches.  Hope we don't get as much as the weatherman has predicted.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Snap Grammabear, 130 here this cold morning too! And I don't like it! 99 at bedtime last night. I hate being sick!

Sorry about your computer Grammabear. I'm still without one here, getting by with my iPad Mini. Next Friday I see my eye dr so may stop by Best Buy when I am in town. Hopefully by then the Black Friday madness will have calmed down.

Tamagno

100 this morning.

You all have got me thinking about building a small PC myself and think I'll look around some for components. I've also seen a number of "mini" PCs advertised I want to look at again as well as whatever the latest Linux distribution is. Could be fun and would avoid the cost of a new version of Windows while also side stepping all the usual malware hassles.

Still on the cool side here although much better yesterday with highs touching 50. About ten degrees lower today and getting yet colder again through the week.

Grammabear

121 this morning.

I had a low of 45 last night which hasn't happened in ages and I hope doesn't happen again for a longggg time.

Building a PC is way beyond my abilities, but I admire those people who do understand the process.

We also went to bed last night with blizzard warnings.  This morning we have drifts in our driveway that are waist high while other spots are absolutely bare.  My husband was out shoveling trying to keep ahead of it, but not sure he accomplished that.  Neighbor lady just called and offered the use of her John Deere garden tractor which has a blade on it.  Really nice to have kind neighbors.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  Nice weather right now here.  We were at 34° this morning and heading for a high of 67°.   There may be a chance of rain Thursday, predicted 60% chance as of now but that will probably change.
Tamagno, I find building a PC is a lot of fun and you have so much to choose from as far as components.  You can shop for best prices and decide how powerful you want it.  I have used a Raspberry Pi and that used Raspian which is a version of Linux.  I really have not tried Linux in a desktop.  Should be fun.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

119 this cold foggy morning, 113 at bedtime last night. So tired of being sick.

It was a foggy 20*F this morning when I got up. High got to 39*F. No snow in forecast until the weekend, rain for Wed.