You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

High this morning.

A day lost yesterday to nausea. This has become a very dislikable but regular occurrence for which I find no common cause. Nothing for it but sleep.

Actually, Wally, I've got a Raspberry Pi I've played around with. While there looks to be a lot going on with Raspbian lately, it's mostly focused around smart devices. It's impressively slow, but might be fun to try making a "smart" mirror if it's not too big a project. The old PC I had running the Ubuntu distro was actually quite fast and stable (Dell actually sold a PC with that pre-installed awhile) and more what I've in mind. The whole thing will take some research...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

129 this morning.

It is 'brrrrr' cold here today at 19 deg F.  First we get a blizzard with 12 " of snow and now along comes the cold.

Tamagno - I have heard some people have favorable results for nausea from drinking ginger tea, either homemade or commercial.  Sorry you feel poorly.

Just think of where we would be without the invention of computers?  Kinda sad don't you think?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on November 27, 2018, 08:35:28 AM
Just think of where we would be without the invention of computers?  Kinda sad don't you think?
Well, kind of yes/no I think.  It seems that we got along pretty well before computers, cell phones and tablets  came along.  Admittedly they have made a lot of things easier and without computers we wouldn't be here on this forum but there are also problems that come with the new tech. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  It looks like we are going to have a pretty good chance of rain tomorrow night and Thursday.  Heavy rain is expected in some areas of California so of course mudslides are a threat.
Tamagno, hope you can find some way to counter the nausea.  That can't be easy to deal with.
I only mentioned the Raspberry Pi because that is the only experience I have had with the Linux OS.  It would be fun to build a computer to install Linux on and play with it.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

115 the cold rainy morning, 106 at bedtime last night.  Still feeling punk...

Tamagno, Honest Tea makes a great ginger tea called Ginger Oasis, I drank a lot of it when I was going through all the nausea a couple months ago. Also my all time favorite for nausea is Celestial Seasons Sleepytime Tea that you brew yourself. My kids even like/liked it when they are sick.

No way in the world could I build a computer! I'm of the plug it in, turn it on and go school of computer users! 😀 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

163 this morning.

I'm sure I've some ginger tea around; I really should give it another try based on your advice.

Speaking of which, I'm wondering if anyone's tried CBD oil. I've now heard positive comments from two credible users and am thinking of trying it primarily for neuropathy pain. Looking on line produces a huge variety of results and it appears to be surrounded with all manner of controversy.

Once again experiencing the inevitable Dexcom reorder hassles. Their promised overnight delivery didn't transpire yesterday which was disappointing. Interestingly, I tried just going through warm up again with the one already in place that thankfully is working. It's good at least to know that's possible with the G5 sensors.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Tamagno - I have not used CBD oil for neuropathy.  I have used r-alpha lipoic acid, evening primrose oil and vit C together for neuropathy pain.  I take each of the supplements mentioned twice a day, morning and evening.  I spoke with my doctor regarding these supplements interferring with any of my other medicines, and she said it was ok with her.  I did find that when I started taking it, it was about 3 months before I noticed further reduction in pain.

I am on Medicare and Dexcom sends me monthly emails  regarding reordering the G5 sensors.  So far I haven't had major issues with the reordering process, but I know others have.  I have also restarted a G5 sensor on more than one occasion when the Dexcom shipment was late.  It is possible to restart the sensor but you have to do it before you get the final warning that the sensor session will be ending.

If I want to restart a sensor, I hit the 'stop sensor' button, and then hit the 'start sensor' spot and begin the 2 hr warming up period.  I know of no way to get around the 2 hr warm up.  When that time is over, the receiver or phone usually asks for the obligatory 2 fingersticks to start the new sensor session.  I have found that G5 is fairly accurate from day 2 through day 14 and beyond that it is kinda spotty for accuracy.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  It still looks like a pretty good chance of rain tonight and tomorrow.  The temp is quite mild with the high today supposed to be around 70° and overnight lows above freezing. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

107 this foggy morning, 118 at bedtime last night.

The snow has disappeared from the forecast which is fine by me as I have to go up to town Fri to see the eye dr and maybe buy a laptop...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

218 this morning.

Still no luck with Dexcom even though my daily calls have now produced a "Personal Rep" with a phone number. It's awfully frustrating, but there's really no viable competitor.

Grammabear, CBD oil promises immediate results. I'm very rarely up for this sort of remedy, but have heard great things from reliable people. While I've had good relief from pharmaceutical marijuana and can get medical marijuana through my oncologist and various dispensaries in Connecticut, I like neither the side effects nor the cost. I'm going to try CBD oil and see how it goes...

Grammabear

91 this morning.

Tamagno - If your attempt at relief from neuropathy pain is successful for you, please consider letting us know.  I, for one, would like a more successful remedy for this particular problem.

Weather here is really cold but no new snow, got enough of that Sunday when 12 inches fell.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  We got no rain last night but it just started sprinkling here about 7:00 Am.  Not enough to record on my weather station yet but the concrete is wet.  Some areas are seeing quite a bit which is mostly good but of course the burn areas are in danger of mudslides.  The Mammoth Mountain Ski area is getting a lot of snow and that is good.  They showed 11 inches for yesterday and 8 inches so far today.
Tamagno, I don't know anything about CBD oil but I did see this article :
https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20180507/cbd-oil-all-the-rage-but-is-it-safe-effective#1
It looks like the biggest question is how reliable your source is. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

118 this morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

Still feeling off, so tired of not feeling well...

Tamagno

173 this morning.

You're right, Wally, finding a reliable brand is a problem. Anyway, I ordered something and will let you all know how it goes.

Despite daily (at least) calls to Dexcom, I've still no sensors. They're supposed to be here today, but I've heard that before...

Grammabear

140 this morning.

Tamagno - I almost think I would ask to speak with a supervisor when you call Dexcom.  If you are getting your sensors through the Medicare program they should be reaching out to you monthly.  But that said, I do know of people who are also having problems with their ordering system.  They are definitely suffering growing pains.

Today I have an appt for consult about a new hearing aid.  This has been a long and very frustrating process complicated by mis-communications and total ignorance on the part of the employee.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021