You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

117 this frosty morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

Took Boo to the vet for a check up. He has lost 7 lbs in the last month and since he is not eating much they decided to keep him for a couple of days. On top of everything else, he is constipated... He is not in good shape. As the vet took him away I said to him I'm sorry to him... but she said it isn't my fault, Boo has a rep of being a very bad patient... and cats in general are good at hiding things... My heart is heavy...

ETA the vet just called me. She gave Boo an enema and some fluids and after he hissed at her. That is so Boo's behavior at the vet!  I'm hoping this is good news!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

(((Hugs))) to you Barb.  Perhaps the vet will be able to make Boo comfortable for a while longer.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

202 this morning.

My heart goes out to you and Boo, Barb. Perhaps that flare of normal temperament is indeed a good sign!

Back to very cold here and I hope to stay in all day.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

It is only 29 deg F here this morning which feels rather cold when compared to last week and 45 deg F.

Seeing my ENT doctor today for my annual check up.  Hope she doesn't find anything that needs 'fixin'.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  Well, we are at 31° this morning and still looking at a chance of rain Wednesday and Thursday.  That would be a good thing. 
Tamagno, I don't blame you for staying in.  Sounds like the best thing to do.
Barbara, hoping for the best for your  ~ cat ~
Grammabear, hoping your check up goes well. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this cold morning, 107 at bedtime last night too.

20°F this morning when I got up. High got to 36°F.

The vet called this afternoon and said Boo could come home. He is a terror when he is there, all teeth and claws so they wanted him gone I guess. They gave him two units of fluids, a couple enemas, anti nausea meds, and steroids. He didn't eat there at all. That was part of the reason they wanted him to come home where he would be more comfortable.

Poor guy is so traumatized, his hind legs aren't working very well, may be sore rear end from the enemas. He went straight to his food when he came in and did eat some, but has'nt eaten any more yet. I have to report to vet Thurs about how much he ate and if he threw up again... I'm still worried about him, but it is nice to have him home.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

117 this morning.

Poor Boo! Can't blame him at all for being upset with all that's happening. I'm sure he's much happier at home with you, Barb.

Yesterday was one of my more aggressive forays into eating for weight gain. One thing I'm now certain of is that you simply cannot just eat anything and expect to cover it successfully with insulin. Well, today I'm back to good old LCHF and my normal food routines.

Except that tonight I'm making venison liver. Should be fun...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 05, 2018, 03:43:36 AM
Poor Boo! Can't blame him at all for being upset with all that's happening. I'm sure he's much happier at home with you, Barb.

Ditto. Hope he recovers soon.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

129 this morning.

Barbara - I am glad your Boo is back home.  If only he could talk, I bet he would have plenty to say about his trip to the vet.  Can't say as I blame him for being annoyed.  Maybe he will want some lap time and then relax a bit.  I hope he can have a good nap in his own bed too.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  I had crack slaw last night and it keeps my numbers down.  It still looks like we have a decent chance of rain tonight and tomorrow but not a lot. 
Tamagno, sadly it's easy to gain weight if you pile on the carbs but then, for a diabetic, that is not a very good thing to do. 
Glad Boo is home with you Barbara.  Hope he is better soon. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Tamagno, 117 here this really cold morning, 87 at bedtime last night.

It was 6°F when I got up at 8:30 this morning. Got up early to call the pump guy to thaw out my frozen pump. Alas, he never called me back...I've used him for years so I don't know what is up...

Thanks for all the kind thoughts for Boo, he is a little better today but still weak. He is walking a lot better today. We cuddled in my recliner until 4AM this morning. He's a mess, but with no running water, I can't really give him a bath plus I don't want to stress him any more than necessary. He's eating small amounts every 4 hours or so and hasn't thrown up so that is good news. Keeping my fingers crossed he gets through this OK.

Tamagno

126 this morning.

It's still cold here today, but getting slightly warmer with highs today just over 30.

My venison liver came out great. Soaking it in buttermilk worked well along with a spicy-sweet sauce. I've plenty of sauce left and will likely augment the venison with some chicken liver and maybe calves liver. I suspect the main thing is just getting as much blood out as possible which gets rid of the acridness many complain of with offal.

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Well, we did get some rain.  It started around 5:00 AM and we got about 1/10 inch which may not be a lot but for here it is good.  At least everything is wet.  There may be more to come today but right now it has stopped.
Tamagno, I just can't get enthused about liver but I am glad you enjoyed it.
Barbara, hope Boo continues to improve. 
I'm off in a bit to see my orthopedic doctor about my knee.  I'm hoping to get the injections again.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

92 this morning.

We had sunshine yesterday after several weeks of cloudy weather.  Amazing how sunshine perks up one's outlook.

Tamagno - I'm glad your liver supper turned out well.  My younger son fixed liver for us the last time he visited.  He soaked the liver in regular milk for a half hour before frying it quickly.  I'm not a big fan of liver, but it definitely tasted better after being soaked in the milk and then rinsed off.

Wally - I can't get excited about an injection into the knee however if it helps you feel better, then I guess I would shut my eyes and hang on tight.

Barb - There is nothing that can substitute for nap time with you for kitty Boo.  I imagine it might be compared to being comforted in a rocker by his special person.  Hopefully you can get your pump thawed soon.  That isn't a great situation to be in.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

101 this frosty morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

My pump guy left me a message that he was out of town. Sheesh, wouldn't you recommend someone else? I called him back and he did refer me to someone else. Buh bye fellow, won't be using you again... New pump guy came right out and 1.5 hours later I have water again! Yay! Tomorrow I need to buy a new milk house heater for the pump house.

Boo is a little better today, but still not back to normal. He is eating a little more. But not his normal amount yet. He spent a lot of time on my lap yesterday, today, not so much.