You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

117 this morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Boo is about the same, he didn't eat much at all today.  :(  Still very worried about him.

Water situation the same. I need to call my stock broker and get some money, I fear this is going to be a big repair. So I continue to go to my "well" (bathtub) for water and take "Marine showers".  I was watching The Last Alaskans on TV tonight and someone said "people don't appreciate running water in the house" I'll tell you for sure I DO!

Tonight's low predicted 23°F with the possibility of snow. J

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

80 this morning.

Still really cold here this morning; this sort of cold just gets through everything it seems. At least I've got running water and heat!

No big forays outside today beyond getting firewood in and a quick run to the local grocery. Today's my wife's birthday, so I'm doing a leg of lamb for her plus roast vegetables (which is what I need at the grocery). Everything else is all set for that...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

108 this morning.

Barb - I've also been in the same 'water' situation where my well went dry.  I had to wait all weekend before the well people could get the proper permit and then put me on their schedule for digging a new well.  It is NOT fun.  Hope your situation is resolved soon.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  I snuck in some French fries with my burger last night.  Well, not that bad.  No weather news here, hope you guys dealing with the cold can manage to stay warm.
Barbara, bummer, I hope you can get it resolved soon.  We tend to take water for granted until it stops flowing. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 this morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

Boo is the same, maybe eating even less... :(

Water situation the same too. I am hoping my well isn't dry just that there is something mechanical failing... I am not having fun at this point!

And of course today, it is always something else kicked in again... I had no phone or internet service until late afternoon. I couldn't make any of the calls I needed to.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

81 this morning.

Everything's pretty quiet here. Pretty much no moon last night made for a cold, dark night. Even I slept until six...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

I saw my GP yesterday for my 3 month Medicare diabetes check.  She looked at the download from my insulin pump and saw that the blood sugar average went from 130 to 150 just since the insurance demanded I change brands of insulin.  Average carb count stayed about the same.  She is going to ask for me to be able to return to Novolog, but neither of us is holding our breath.

Barb - Hang in there, things have to return to normal for you.  Are you being affected by that huge weather system in the northwest part of the U.S.?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  I feel for all of you having to deal with really cold temps.  Some of the problems are difficult to deal with. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

113 this morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

Boo the same...I need to report his status to the vet tomorrow.

Water situation the same. I did get in touch with my stock broker today to transfer money to my checking acct. Tomorrow I'll call the plumber. Crossing my fingers that it will be an easy fix. I do have water in my bathroom, so I hope that means my well isn't dry...

Thanks Grammabear, I keep telling myself "this too will pass".

Tamagno

178 this morning.

The cold here is changing my habits, it seems, and I've been staying in bed much later than normal. I guess getting up at 7:30 isn't bad, but I lose a couple of hours I could be doing things.

Grammabear, I haven't checked retail prices lately, but last I did, there wasn't much difference between Novolog and Humalog. Sure hope you get somewhere with that appeal!

Well, I did get many of my morning chores done, but still have to go out for firewood. I'd best get my mind adjusted to the idea of going out in the cold...

Grammabear

72 this morning.

Tamagno - I have a friend who lives in WI where it also gets quite cold.  In the winter season she always puts those 'hand heater' squares into her gloves before she goes outside to do chores.  She lives on a farm and has livestock that require feeding twice a day.  I guess she has a routine that includes a hat, scarf, warm barn jacket, and gloves with heater squares.  Seems like a lot of "stuff" just to do chores, but essential to stay warm.

Barb - My Dad used to tell me that 'this too will pass' and I try to remember that when a stressful situation comes to me.  Truly hope your water situation will resolve itself soon.  I'm glad you at least have a source of water in the bathroom. 

Wally - How's the knee coming along?  Did your injection last about a year the last time you had it?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  I can't complain about the cold here.  Overnight lows around 34-35° and daytime highs around 64-65°.  There may be a chance for a bit of rain next Sunday night and Monday.
Barbara, the fact you have water in the bathroom seems to be a good sign.  Hope it is an easy fix.
Grammabear, my knee is doing quite well.  The first injection I had was exactly a year ago.  This time it was a newer product and it only took one injection, the other time it took 5 injections a week apart.  I was told to expect it to take about a week before I noticed a difference but I noticed it after a day.  I am still taking it a bit easy just as a precaution but it sure seems to have done the job.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

100 this morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

Boo a little worse today, but at least no vomiting. Called vet but she never returned my call.

No response from plumber either. Sheesh, this is just turning out to be the worst project ever.

At least the weather is mild...

skb

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

141 this morning.

Weather here is mild also at 41 deg F today.  We have errands to do today so I'm glad it isn't bitter cold.

Hubby was on his way home from work yesterday at 12:30 a.m. when a deer jumped out of nowhere onto the highway on which he was driving.  He was able to switch lanes quickly as the traffic was very light at that hour to avoid hitting the deer.  He was relieved not to be in an accident.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021