You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Well, once again the weather guys have changed thein mind and the chance of rain Sunday night and Monday has disappeared.  It just doesn't seem to be worth it to pay any attention to the predictions.  I guess it's best to just look out the window.   ::)
Grammabear, glad your husband was able to avoid the deer.  When I lived in the mountains it was important to keep a sharp eye out for deer.  They are notorious for jumping in front of cars.
Gee Barbara, I hope you are able to get the plumbing fixed soon. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

180 this morning.

I'll take every tip for keeping warm I can get! Thankfully, today is warmer with temperatures in the mid 30s this afternoon.

Around here, deer in the road are a major problem. With lots of woods and curving, hilly roads hitting one at some point or other is almost inevitable, although the result is awful for both the deer and usually, your car. I've done it once and it's definitely not something I want to repeat.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

We knocked down a full grown deer one day (the spotted variety). It was thrown a few feet away, but thankfully got up and dashed into the woods. In a protected forest, at a time when you're not supposed to be out, it could have been a big incident. Thankfully, I was not driving and none of that happened.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

96 this morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, so glad DH was able to avoid the deer that can be a very tragic encounter.

Boo is not doing well. Talked to the vet today and she said if he throws up again or stops eating it is time to let him go... He slept in my lap for hours today,  and he isn't eating much at all. Will see how the weekend goes and make a decision on Monday.

Because Boo is so stressed when there are workers around, I decided to wait on the plumber until next week. I'm getting by OK and I want his last days if it comes to that to be peaceful. That's the least I can do for him...my heart is breaking...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Very sorry to hear all of that Barb, but as we all know, if it's time, it's time.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Thank you skb, yes when it is time, it is time. But that doesn't make it any easier. When my DH was dying in my arms I said we all loved him and would miss him but it was time to go to heaven. I wish I could relay that to Boo, I know it helped DH transition, but for Boo I am lost.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

Oh dear, Barb, you're in such a tough spot with Boo. My prayers for you both...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Barb - I may well be wrong, but I think Boo "knows" how much you've loved him through your years together.  He knows by all the little things you've done for him like respecting his need to have lap time, like respecting his need for a quiet environment etc.  It is never ever easy to let go of someone you love whether it is a spouse or a furry kid.  My sympathy for the tough spot you are in at present.  (((Hugs)))
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  We had a low of 30° at 6 AM this morning.  I think that is the lowest so far this year. 
Sorry Barbara, I know it is tough but I think your kitty knows how much you love him.  It is one of the difficult things we are faced with because we do care so much for our furry friends but they do leave us. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

97 this morning, 87 at bedtime last night.

Thanks everyone, yes, I am sure Boo knows how much I love and protect him. It is just so hard to let go. Today he is eating even less so probably on Monday or Tuesday I will have to let him go to the rainbow bridge.😭

Tamagno

97 this morning.

Well, I seem back to early rising somehow. Had to get up and eat something or glucose would drop too low, but I'm awake enough to get out of bed and do a couple of things before I go back. Something of a relief really as I don't like sleeping all morning.

Could be just it's warmer here, although we're due for freezing rain/snow starting any time now. A good day to stay in.

I echo the others sympathy, BigSkyGal, and offer my prayers for you and Boo...

Grammabear

106 this morning.

It is below freezing today at 28 deg F.  However we have sunshine that helps make it 'seem' warmer.

I found an organic whole chicken reduced to just $5 at the grocery store, so yesterday we had roast chicken for our evening meal.  It was so good and something different for a change.

'
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

109 this morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

Boo is weaker today and barely eating anything. I'm going to miss my little buddy... :'(

Tamagno

278 this morning.

Looks like the insertion set I put in Saturday is going to have to be changed...

Your chicken sounds good, Grammabear. I made chicken thighs yesterday also, although mine weren't what I guess you'd call organic. I did make an interesting curried gravy, though.

Yesterday's sleet and snow didn't materialize which is good; no idea yet what we're in for today, but I've got to get out for some grocery shopping this morning so I hope it's not bad.

Grammabear

91 this morning.

bigskygal - Thinking of you today and wishing I could ease your pain.  (((hugs)))

Tamagno - If I had the chance to grocery shop earlier in the day I would grab it.  By the time we get to the store it is so busy and noisy, we can't wait to get out of there.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021