You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Wow, we hit 75° yesterday.  That was T-shirt weather and really nice.  It is going to be a bit cooler today but still nice. 
So many things we take for granted like running water and electricity and it is a shock when there is an abrupt stoppage.  It's always nice to have things back to normal.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

97 this blue sky morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

High was 39°F today, may see some snow tomorrow.

CCD thanks for the link. I did google the lyrics and found it, but it is nice to have it right here. It really helps my heart...

Slowly clearing out Boo's things. He had so many blankets on spots he liked to sleep and places he could climb on to look out the windows. His cat tree by the window and his pillow by the fireplace may stay for a long time...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

223 this morning.

Back to cold here with highs today just over 30, but that's from my "pessimistic" weather, perhaps it'll be warmer.

Grammabear, the shopping out there is pretty wild - I guess people get caught up in all manner of last-minute buying. I only went to my little, local grocery yesterday and am staying out of major shopping areas the next week, although there's still New Years to get through, so could be longer.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

It is also 'feeling' cold here at 32 deg F with north winds at 10-15 mph.  So it is definitely a good day to stay inside and finish Christmas preparations.

What kind of celebration for New Years Day does anyone else plan on doing?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  I am sitting here with an overnight low temp of 37° and heading to 65° today and the temps from you guys give me the shivers.   ~shvr~
I know it's winter and that is to be expected but not unhappy at where the thermometer is here right now.  Colder weather is probably going to get here before long though and we can be just as cold here.
I have no desire, and thankfully no need, to go out and do any shopping until after the first of the tear.  I really don't like crowds. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this cloudy morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

High today was 38°F. My weather app says snow this evening and tomorrow. That would be nice...

The only place I have to go is to the Oncologist on the 27th. Not looking forward to going to town...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

139 this morning.

A 50% chance of snow here today, but I doubt it'll be much if we get it. Highs look to stay in the 30s. Everything at my place is pretty buttoned down though, so no need for going out.

New Years Eve is pretty much a non event for me. As is my tradition, my resolution is to start drinking, but I won't even try until at least New Year's Day.

If anyone's using store bought pasta sauce, I find that Rao's is the best tasting and also lowest carb option around. It's usually pricey though, so I watch for sales. I still think homemade is best, but Rao's is a good option if I'm feeling lazy...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

139 this morning.

We put up our Christmas tree yesterday and a few decorations, mostly for the grandson who likes things like that.  Younger son will be arriving late tonight along with grandson and my new computer.  Hopefully the new PC likes its new home and will work nicely for me.

Definitely use pasta sauce when we have company as there is not usually time for doing homemade.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Merry Christmas to all.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It's going to be a sunny and dry Christmas here and temp around 65°.  Snow would be fun but I'm OK without it.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

99 this snowy morning, 99 at bedtime last night too.

Woke up to 2+" of snow this morning and it snowed most of the morning. Christmas will be white here!

Never did anything for New Year. When the kids were little, they got to stay up late and they made appetizers to celebrate.

I love Rao's pasta sauce! I get it on Amazon several bottles at a time. Once opened, I freeze left over up in an ice cube tray so I can portion it out easier.

Tamagno

164 this morning.

Doesn't look like there's any snow for us today either, though we did have a bit yesterday.

No company or socializing for us today beyond a phone call or two and likely a FaceTime episode with some friends in the Midwest. I'll be occupying myself making a hopefully tasty pot roast.

Spoke to my aunt down home yesterday who travels everywhere who tells me she and my uncle are off for a three-week Caribbean cruise that includes a stop in Cuba. Pretty good deal for an 80-year old woman recovering from lymphoma!

Great idea to freeze sauce in ice cube trays, Grammabear. I have a bunch of little plastic containers for doing that with chicken stock, but I think your scheme sounds easier. I'll have to experiment...

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

Grammabear

104 this morning.

Today both of our sons will be home for a Christmas meal which consists of pork tenderloin (made by oldest son), mashed potatoes (requested by grandson), scalloped corn (requested by daughter in law), fresh broccoli and maybe peppermint ice cream for a nice ending to the meal.  Definitely not typical meal, but anticipated anyway.

Merry Christmas.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  Warm this morning at 47° heading for a high of 64°.  No white Christmas here.  Not complaining about the weather though.
I have been getting my pasta sauce from Netrition and I checked
the nutrition labels and they both look the same.  The one on Netrition is about 1/2 the cost though.  I have been pretty happy with it.
Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and  great new year.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

Using my 'new' computer now...have to learn how to "type" correctly all over again.  Love this keyboard - once it becomes familiar.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

92 this morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

That was me re the ice cube tray Tamagno. But that's OK... :)

Quiet day here. Will be FaceTiming with kids and grands later.

🎄 Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄