You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

156 this morning.

My pot roast was pretty good Christmas Day - it better have been as it's enough left over for many meals, but there's a lot of other things could be done with it.

I'd been thinking of getting my wife a new iPad (great deals at Costco) but the Godchildren beat me to it yesterday. Finally, she's got one that can be updated beyond many versions ago.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

231 this morning.  I went to bed at 105 last night and thought "Hey, I did ok with guesstimating Christmas Dinner".  But as usual Diabetes had a few punches to pull.

We had a nice time for our Christmas celebration.  Now it is back to business as usual. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  A pretty quiet day yesterday.  My family is all in Washington state so we just get together on the phone.  Did a rump roast on the BBQ and splurged with 1/2 of a baked potato, quite good.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this morning, 93 at bedtime last night.

The sun is shining, but it never got above freezing so the snow is glittering. It is so pretty.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

134 this morning.

Taking a short breather from sleeping, so figured I'd just do a couple of things early. I'm not sure if this quite counts as "fasting" glucose numbers, but close enough, I suppose, even if I'm back to bed before too long.

Grilled roast sounds good, Wally!

I didn't indulge myself, but I notice this year the vast majority of recipes in my food blogs were for all manner of cookies, cakes and other carbie goodies. Between that and all the side dishes with potatoes and bread crumbs, plus sugary drinks of all sorts, it appears a somewhat challenging time to stay low carb. Lots of these recipes claim to be "diabetic friendly" but we all know how little it takes to sky rocket glucose...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

106 this morning.  We had a low of 32° this morning and it's supposed to be 28° the next two nights before warming up a bit.  I think that is the first time we have been at freezing this winter.
Tamagno, yeah, did the roast on the rotisserie on the gas BBQ and it came out just great.  I pretty much ignore all of the recipes for all of the goodies this time of year.  Even so called low carb items just don't work for the most part. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

104 this morning.

It is raining most of the morning so far today.  Good day to stay inside and enjoy a second cup of coffee.

I got my new hearing aid system yesterday.  Now everything seems so loud.  The 'hearing' world is so noisy. :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 27, 2018, 10:43:42 AM
We had a low of 32° this morning and it's supposed to be 28° the next two nights before warming up a bit.  I think that is the first time we have been at freezing this winter.

While it is 52oF here and cold by our standards.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Late to post, no internet all afternoon and evening.

99 Thursday morning, 104 at bedtime Wed night.

Oncologist appt today. Surprise, surprise, my liver enzymes are down from last time. He still wants a MRI in March to look at my liver... sigh.

It is pretty cold here had light snow this (Thursday) morning. It is 22°F (1:37AM) and lightly snowing.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

102 this morning.

Wally, a rotisserie on the grill is something I've not tried but it sounds great and fun to do. I'll have to give that some thought come warm weather.

Grammabear, it sounds like your new hearing aids work well; that's great!

It seems my oncologist is similar, BigSkyGal, and while I've no cancer at this point, she seems always to come up with something or other to check. I guess it's better to be thorough, but I begin to suspect there's a point at which there are diminishing returns on all the tests.

I got packages from Dexcom with both new transmitters and three boxes of sensors. It appears the guy out there personally watching my stuff is working, praise God. Also got a six-month supply of infusion sets from my pump supplier so I'm set for awhile. Always feels good to have spares on hand.

Well, it'll be warmer here today at least until mid-afternoon when we're due for cold and sleet or snow. Have to wait and see what actually happens.

Grammabear

128 this morning.

We had rain all day yesterday and all morning so far today.

My Dexcom transmitter is on its last legs.  It keeps losing signal between receiver and transmitter.  Will be glad when they send a new one.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  Actually warmer than predicted this morning at 34°.  Cool but better than 28°.  Yeah SKB, the temp and how it feels is surely dependent on what is normal for your area.  Colder here than you are used to but warmer than others like Tamagno and Barbara.  I actually enjoy the warmer weather more.
Tamagno, the rotisserie is great and things come out very good.  It also has an attachment for Shish kabobs and that is a lot of fun and good !
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

120 this cold morning, not sure where that came from, but oh well... 86 at bedtime last night. Did not sleep well at all last night, that may be where the # came from.

I really hate it when the internet goes out! I feel like I've lost my connection to everyone. What was weird was when I was up in town, after the dr, I stopped in the grocery store and their internet was out and had been since 6AM. The clerk said it wasn't just here but other states too. I don't know if I believe her, but she said Heathhtow Airport closed down because of it. Nothing on the news so don't know what to believe. Nothing on the news or Twitter about any large outage....

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on December 28, 2018, 03:43:36 PM
I really hate it when the internet goes out! I feel like I've lost my connection to everyone. What was weird was when I was up in town, after the dr, I stopped in the grocery store and their internet was out and had been since 6AM. The clerk said it wasn't just here but other states too. I don't know if I believe her, but she said Heathhtow Airport closed down because of it. Nothing on the news so don't know what to believe. Nothing on the news or Twitter about any large outage....

Well, my internet is out at the moment. It was working fine when I switched off last night. So right now, I'm relying on my phone & cell service to connect me to the forum.

Heathrow was shut down for a few hours because of some drones which were found flying in the vicinity.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I couldn't even get online on my phone. My iPad is AT&T enabled but it was no go either. What was weird was that WiFi showed fully enabled on both phone and iPad.