You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  I got an e-mail from my brother and he and his wife are going to be in California, they live in Washington state, and will be coming by on the 19th.  It will be great to see them as it has been a long time. 
I am a big believer in repairing anything that stops working from appliances to cars but the reality is that nowadays with so much being controlled with electronics and the fact that things are not made to be repaired it is not easy to do anymore.  Often it is cheaper to just replace something.  With labor running at $120/hour paying to have something fixed is usually not an option. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

When we first moved here in 1988, we drove a 1972 Chevrolet Caprice, and the local mechanic in town was always so happy when we needed a little work done . . . he LOVED working on that old car!

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this rainy morning, 96 (5.32) at bedtime last night.

I don't remember when it became apparent, but "planned obsolescence" is built into appliances these days. I moved to MT in 2004, bought a new refrigerator, under two years had to have it repaired once while still under warranty. Two months after the warranty ran out it died completely. I went on Craig's List and bought another one (made in 1998) and it is still running fine!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Yep - I bought our refrigerator in 1984 at the time of my divorce & it's still purring along nicely now - 34 years later. I called repair one time years ago when a weird whistling noise began to emanate from the freezer section. The repairman fixed it, said we were wise to call quickly, and that's been the end of it. Some of the dials won't turn anymore, but they're set where I want them anyhow, so they don't NEED to turn!  ;D

Tamagno

177 this morning.

Seems cold here this morning, but it's 35 out so I'll not complain.

In a flurry of cleaning yesterday I actually vacuumed the basement including ceiling joists full of cobwebs. Actually, it's fairly amazing the basement is free enough of clutter to do it but I figured with the cold and low humidity it'd be a good idea to get rid of as much dust and dirt as I can.

I used some frozen meatballs in my lasagna last night I'd gotten from a friend who's wintering in Alabama which appear to have more carbs than I'd thought. Along with extra Parmesan and bacon I'd put in my ricotta mixture I figured glucose would be slow to rise, but it seems to have gone up and not gone down over night as I'd planned. By the way, that extra Parmesan made for an especially nice, cheesy lasagna!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

147 this morning.

John - I never considered that this infection is the reason my blood sugars are really out of target range.  This antibiotic is a totally new one to me and I think it is also playing havoc with my 'numbers'.  The infection is very slow to heal.

The temperature here this morning is -1 deg F (-18.33 deg C) and it feels like -12 deg F (-24.44 deg C).  The forecast for later today is for 3-5 inches of the "white stuff".  I hope the forecast is wrong.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Nothing remarkable weather wise.
Tamagno, your lasagna sounds very good.  i am going to have to try that soon.  I like to make spaghetti with zucchini noodles and have had good luck with meatballs I find at Walmart that are not frozen and quite large, about 2 oz. each.  About 5g of carbs for two.
Grammabear, it is a good chance that the infection is causing your higher bg numbers.  Also some antibiotics can mess with your bg so it's a double whammy.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

We're hanging at 29° right now, but plunged to a bone-jarring 3° during the night. A little cloud cover would prob'ly modify that, but then people wouldn't be able to see the spectacular lunar features we've been enjoying this week. At least we haven't visited the sub-zero levels so far this year, and we can be thankful for that!  ;)

bigskygal

98 (5.43) this cloudy morning, 101 (5.6)
at bedtime last night. Not sure why, but it is what it is.

Lightly raining right now, predicted to be some snow later this evening. Temps are still very mild for this time of year, mid 40's during the day and mid 30's at night.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

183 this morning.

I begin to suspect one of the burns on my hand is infected that might be causing higher glucose the last couple of days. Got to watch it today...

Supposed to be really cold here today as well. It's still about 20 this morning but with single digits in the forecast. More snow and ice tomorrow.

I got a mailing about a new CGM from Freestyle which is the first I'd heard of it. The materials I got were slim on technical details so I'll have to look it up later. I saw on one of my tech blogs that Fitbit wants to get into that as well which I figure means that Apple won't be far behind with some sort of iOS device. Interesting times for diabetes tech!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We have a low pressure front coming through this weekend and a very slight, 10%, chance of some rain drops.  Temps will drop to the mid 60s and then back up to the 70s in a couple of days.  Not really much of a change.
Tamagno, yeah, take care of that burn.  An infection is nothing to mess with.
It is an interesting time for diabetes tech.  I think more for a T-1 but also for the T-2. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

189 this morning.  My infection is wrecking havoc with my blood sugar numbers.  The antibiotic is also making my stomach feel awful.

Freestyle brought out what they call a CGM called "Libre" and it is able to read your blood sugar with a 'reader' that you pass over it.  It cannot give alarms nor warning sounds to alert you if you are trending low or high.

John - If the burns on your hand are least bit red, please go to the doctor and be examined.  I let my infected cyst go for more than two weeks thinking I could treat it with neosporin.  It didn't respond and now I have a full blown infection that as yet isn't responding to antibiotic.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 88 here this cloudy morning too. 95 at bedtime last night.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Thanks for the information and advice, Grammabear! I'll be seeing docs on Friday and expect I'll be finding out more then. Meanwhile, I'm wearing gloves whenever I handle firewood which helps avoid more cuts and splinters.

More cold and snow today, I'm afraid. Good day to stay in...

Grammabear

118 this morning.

Weather is cold today at 18 deg F (-7.78 deg C) and our high is supposed to be -1.  Guess it is a good day to stay home.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021