You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

@grammabear hope you get well soon.

95 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

144 this morning.

Wally, I'm inclined to agree with you, but so far, am not having any luck gaining. Well, today's another day so maybe I'll get more eaten. This is a topic about which my wife is now vigilant, so doubtless I'll be hearing more about it.

Strangely, I couldn't get to this site today via Safari which is my usual browser. It claims an expired certificate, but I had no trouble with Start Page although I got a similar message.

Looks like a quiet day today here with somewhat warmer weather. Likely I'll occupy myself with some cooking this afternoon.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on February 11, 2018, 05:43:14 AM
Strangely, I couldn't get to this site today via Safari which is my usual browser. It claims an expired certificate, but I had no trouble with Start Page although I got a similar message.

https://www.diabetic.pub/forum/index.php/topic,793
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  A bit cooler this morning as predicted but not what many would call cold.  Windy yesterday so the front is passing through and a small chance of rain is still possible Monday or Tuesday.
Tamagno, I know, it is easier said than done sometimes.  i am currently trying to go the other way.  I had gained about 10 pounds over where I feel best and am trying to cut back on my portions.  So far I am doing OK and it is helping my bg also but it is something I have to watch constantly.
SKB, thanks for the update.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

80 this cloudy morning, 90 at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, glad to hear you are cancer free!

Grammabear hope you feel better soon!

Got up to 32°F (0°C) today, tonight's low predicted to be 4°F (-15.56°C). That is a more typical temp for this time of year.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

103 this morning.

Well, at my wife's insistence, I made fried chicken last night (a Paul Prudhomme Cajun recipe) using Panko breading. It was delicious, but as the surgeon had warned, any sorts of bread are extremely filling and I couldn't eat much. While the cream gravy of lots of butter, heavy cream, mustard and cayenne will find its way to other things, I won't be having any more bread or breading. Looks like I'll have to be more creative about weight gain.

It's getting to be the time of year I find myself wanting a change of scenery. While I'd love to just get in my car and head off somewhere that's an idea that will just have to stay a pleasant fantasy. Besides, no matter where I go, I'm still there and always find that, in fact, I myself am the thing I want the break from...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on February 12, 2018, 05:33:35 AM
Besides, no matter where I go, I'm still there and always find that, in fact, I myself am the thing I want the break from...

That's a poetic thought.

Reminds me of a couplet by Ghalib (one of the greatest Urdu poets ever) which when translated would roughly mean;

What we think of as existence, is a mysterious mystery
Like the one who wakes in a dream, is dreaming yet.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

192 this morning. 

I will be trying to get an doctor appointment today - again.  I'm fairly certain I have a UTI and I've been up off and on all night visiting the powder room.   :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Depending on what weather service I look at we are supposed to have a 30% chance of rain tonight or a 0% chance of rain tonight.  In other words ?   ::)
Tamagno, I think it's probably like losing weight.  It is best to go slowly and let any change happen over time. 
Grammabear, Ugh, a UTI is no fun, hope you can get in to the doctor.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

I was lucky to secure an appointment at the Immediate Care Clinic in a nearby town.  The Doctor on duty was very nice and explained things easily.  I am on another round of antibiotics and this time Doctor suggested a small amount of yogurt every day to offset "side effects".  I bought small yogurt containers that have just 20 carbs, so I will see how that goes over with my blood sugar.  My blood sugars have taken a real beating these past few weeks. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

83 This partly cloudy morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

Grammbear  ~hug~ ~hug~ ~hug~ I wouldn't eat the whole container of yogurt, just a few tablespoons a day. Hopefully that won't impact your bg too much.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

Sorry have been away. Too busy working almost 12-14 hours a day and then with kids and all barely manage to get proper sleep.

Daughter's birthday coming up in 10 days and it seems the event of the year. She has a three page friend list already.

I checked a couple of days back and fasting was 105.

Hope all is well. Grammabear- We make yogurt at home from milk. And its less than 4 carbs per bowl. Is this sweetened yogurt?

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on February 12, 2018, 02:13:54 PM
I am on another round of antibiotics and this time Doctor suggested a small amount of yogurt every day to offset "side effects".

I hope this helps you Kathy. Some antibiotics are so strong and stressful for the digestive system, that the "side effects" cannot be avoided.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

@Grammabear, get well soon. Hope the antibiotic works and you are better soon.

@ccd, Seeing you post after a long time. Hope all is well with you.

92 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

167 this morning.

Grammabear, if the yogurt doesn't suit you, it's easy to take a probiotic (I always do this at the advice of my gastroenterologist) while you're on the antibiotic. No glucose adverse side effects with the probiotics as might be with yogurt.

Ah, SKB, the great philosophic tradition of the east! So much to read and know and so little time.

It's very cold again today, however I'll be venturing out to the grocery to take advantage of senior discount day. Fortunately, no snow in the forecast.