You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

186 this morning.  I think this virus or whatever you call what I have is trying to get the best of me.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Hope you are better soon Grammabear.  I got my flu shot in September but I have heard it may not be as effective this year as hoped.  There are some areas in Southern California that are experiencing very cases of the flu right now so keeping my fingers crossed.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Wally - Both my husband and I also got our flu shot in September.  We have also been hearing stories about this flu shot not being very effective.  I honestly don't know how they can predict which strains of flu are going to hit the general population.  If people would stay home when they are sick, it is my opinion that maybe fewer people would catch whatever you call this stuff.  My husband also got this illness on the same day I did.  Today he called in sick to his job, and I can count the times on one hand he has done that in the last 10 years.  My bg is totally out of control at present.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Our experience is controlled by a different application of this 'rule' . . . we got our flu shots last fall as well, but I think the reason we stay flu-free is that we go out so rarely and are not exposed. When neither of us has to go out to work and we don't even attend church, our exposure drops to almost zero . . . a weekly trip to the grocery store. People may look oddly at our lifestyle, but as card-carrying hermits, it works for us!  ;)

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this cloudy morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

I haven't gotten a flu shot in years. And I haven't gotten the flu either. Like Shanny, I am a card carrying hermit. I live alone so no one is bringing in germs. I only go out to go to the PO and grocery store, maybe once a week or 10 days. I always wipe the shopping cart down with the sanitary wipes offered when I go in and wipe my hands off again as I leave.

I agree Grammabear, when people are sick, they should stay home! Hope you feel better soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

Wow! Shanny, auntkris- I am surprised how less socializing you all have on a day to day basis. How long have you been staying away from the city like that?

It sounds like something i would love but then i am so used to convenience now over small things that it would involve learning quite a few things. Right now we live in the middle of the city and there is some person whom we can call for every single thing that is broken/needs to be fixed/will be broken/pest control/home delivery. 

rocky

@grammabear, feel well soon. The flu can be very irritating to say the least.

84 before dinner and 97 fasting today.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

142 this morning.

I'm with Shanny and her husband; give me my country hermitage where books and YouTube provide amusement.

Feel better Grammabear. Whatever you all have doesn't sound at all good.

For once, the weather predictions of snow, wind and cold proved accurate yesterday. Looks to me like a good 10" fell with fairly high wind blowing everywhere. Wonderfully, we didn't lose power!

Many thanks to you all for your compliments; I'll have to bear that in mind in the event I overcome my incredible laziness...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on January 04, 2018, 11:38:22 PMWow! Shanny, auntkris- I am surprised how less socializing you all have on a day to day basis. How long have you been staying away from the city like that?
For me it's been going on over 30 years, and for DH perhaps longer. He's had social anxiety since childhood, and although he taught himself to participate during social events, it was always difficult. For the first 50 years, people like his mother & his first wife expected him to be like others. That is something I have never understood - how people can expect from their supposedly loved one, something that causes such discomfort. I personally can take it or leave it (meaning society), but it isn't as painful for me as it is for him. When we found the river from his childhood, & this old fishing lodge converted to a family dwelling, we jumped at it & ever since we've been out here several miles from town in a house most of the local populace doesn't even know is here - even though if they drive far enough down our road, it's right there in full view.

Grammabear

130 this morning.

The weather is frigid here but since neither of us feel up to going outside for any reason, we are pretty much hermits until this flu gets better.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  Wow, we are warm this morning at 44° (6.7°C) but there is a large swath of people that are seeing very cold, blizzard like conditions.  I guess it isn't a new term but I never heard of a "Bomb Cyclone" before but that is all they talk about on the news.  Where did that come from ?  Well, everyone try to stay warm and stay inside if you can.
We are now supposed to have a 90% chance of rain Tuesday so maybe it will happen. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

Thanks for the warm welcome back, everyone.   :-*

CCD, I think you are not alone in your feelings.  Not that that helps much...

Hear, hear, I agree Tamagno has extraordinary communication/writing skills.

GB, looks like your numbers are coming down, I hope you are both feeling better soon.

Shanny, your husband is a lucky person to have found someone who understands him so well.  And probably vice versa.

Barbara, I can see your love of solitude would certainly come into play if considering a move back to the Bay Area.

Wally, we have significant rain right now!  Haven't checked the status of the fire zones, but am hoping they hold.

Well my yesterday was spent in 8 hours of continuing education %*&!.  As my instructor said, the new tax law changes to business income are the most complex he's seen since the late 80's.  Good times. 

Happy Friday!

skb

Quote from: auntiekris on January 05, 2018, 12:42:04 PM
Hear, hear, I agree Tamagno has extraordinary communication/writing skills.

John, Please feel free to suggest any edits on the Home Page or the website. If you wish to contribute more Articles, we'd be delighted to put them up.

Quote from: auntiekris on January 05, 2018, 12:42:04 PM
Well my yesterday was spent in 8 hours of continuing education %*&!.  As my instructor said, the new tax law changes to business income are the most complex he's seen since the late 80's.  Good times. 

I suppose every change in government brings about a change with rules and tax structures. Our country has implemented a Single indirect  Tax  in the form of GST. Since it is a new concept we have to undergo a lot of self learning the hard way. As a CA I suppose you would need to go through these seminars for updating your skills and knowledge base.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this cold morning, 97 (5.37) at bedtime last night.

Still very icy here, the daytime temps are about 20°F (-6.6°C) and low teens at night. Freezing rain predicted for overnight and early Saturday.

I found my ice cleats but don't remember how to put them on. The porch is so icy I can't seem to do it outside and not sure I want to walk in the house with them on...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

82 last evening before dinner and 93 this morning.

All you people in the icy cold / rain. Be well, be warm and stay safe.
My life is based on a true story.