You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

89 this cold windy morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

We converted to propane heat from wood when DH got too sick to cut wood. When I moved to MT in 2004 my house had a pellet fireplace. I knew being alone and not that strong, that before long I wouldn't be able to handle the pellet bags. Fortunately I am at the end of the line, literally, for natural gas so converted to a natural gas fireplace. Already had natural gas kitchen stove, dryer and heater. It gets vey expensive in the Winter, but I pay ahead during the year so it stays reasonable. It definitely is not the same as a wood stove, but it keeps me warm and I can handle it.

Weather was really bad today. 40+ MPH winds, snow, white out conditions, minus wind chill factor.  I didn't go out until late in the day, poor birds hardly came out at all. I didn't even venture out to take my garbage up to the road for collection tomorrow.  My kitchen screen door is frozen in place because of the blowing snow...welcome to Winter in MT!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

119 this morning.

Glad you're on the mend, Grammabear!

Our current trend of warm days and cold nights melted most all the new snow by late yesterday afternoon. Same today, I believe.

I've been paying $200 a cord for a few years now but it's still more cost-effective and better heat than anything else I know of. We get some of the same rumblings in Connecticut about outlawing wood burning, but it's the same crowd that wants to ban swimming pools and barbecues so I doubt it's a serious matter at this point.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

87 this windy morning.  It's cooler and very windy yesterday continuing today.  We are supposed to keep daytime highs in the 50s but no moisture in sight.
My brother and SIL, who live in the state of Washington, were down here on a trip and came by yesterday for a visit.  We went to a local Mexican restraunt for dinner and I did quite good.  Just stayed away from the rice and beans.   ~hgr~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

89 this morning.  I take the last antibiotic this morning and I hope that it the END of infections for a while.

Barb - I hope you have plenty of the basics like cat food for Boo and coffee or tea for you.  Those winter storms can be brutal.  I'm glad you have a constant source of heat.  We have electric heat which is nice and clean, but like anything else it does get expensive.

Wally - You did well with your numbers at a Mexican restaurant.  Sometimes it is hard to pass up the rice/beans.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: Shanny on February 18, 2018, 12:07:01 PMOur Blaze King needs a new catalyst about every two years, and those cost $400/$500, but it's one of those things that's cheap at twice the price!
Posting to correct this egregious error of mine. These converters cost between $250 & $300 now. I shoulda searched BEFORE I posted, or else I was too focused on 'cheap at twice the price'.  :-[

bigskygal

92 this cold morning, 96 at bedtime last night. It is an ice rink outside!!

Yeah, Grammabear, this time of year I really stock up for times just like this. I am good for another week... I order a lot of things including Boo's food online so it is delivered which really helps.

Also wanted to add I opened the Lemon Rosemary Chicken bone broth today. It is OK, but my favorite is still the Classic 'chicken

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

@grammabear, looks like your infection is going out.  ;D

95 this morning brought on by a piece of cake, just a tiny piece.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

We've gotten so we order nearly everything online & have it delivered. Amazon runs a program called Prime Pantry for members of Amazon Prime, which offers everything in food, beverages, household items & pet products, wellness & healthcare, beauty & grooming. Except for fresh produce, it covers everything we could possibly want. The only downside I've found so far, is the accumulation of the cardboard boxes it all comes in, and DH folds those flat & leaves 'em out by the dumpster on pickup day & they take all of it. It's a major boon especially for me because I have hated shopping my whole life!

ETA: I just discovered that Prime Pantry has forged a connection with Whole Foods - which I have always heard about but was never able to see. Looks like I may be able to get a look at some of Whole Foods' inventory.

Tamagno

110 this morning.

Wound up getting out of bed last night to change my insertion set; it looks like I'll be wanting to do that more frequently to maintain insulin delivery. With the Tandem pump I can tell within a couple of hours if it wants changing.

I'll have to look into the Amazon food delivery and see about various prices. The last couple of years our UPS driver has gotten "shy" about coming up here in bad weather so I'm not sure it will work in winter.

Looks like the warmer weather here is bringing out mice; I've gotten two in the last two days after a spell without...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  Right now we are at 28° (-2.2° C) so below the freezing mark.  Heading for a high of 51° so for many people mild temps but for here cold.  It is going to stay in this range for the rest of the month and very little chance of any rain but snow at higher elevations. 
Actually Amazon bought Whole Foods.  Since I am in town now having groceries delivered is not something I am interested in but for anyone living out in the boonies like I used to it is worth checking out.  I heard that Amazon is lowering the prices on many of the Whole Foods items.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

182 this morning, probably due to a 'rebound high' from a low earlier in the day. Should have changed infusion sets earlier in the evening, before I went to bed - that is what I get for being tired and lazy.

Tamagno - You are indeed right about the 'meece'.  My husband has been catching them in our attic and a couple in the basement.  Ewwww.......:(  hate meece.

I've been in Whole Foods store in Madison, WI and it could have been a much longer visit were it not for an impending snowstorm that particular day.  Whole Foods is a most interesting store, although some of their prices are a bit too expensive for my tastes.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 88 here too this cold morning, 85 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 19°F (-7.22°C) today. Overnight low predicted 4°F (-15.56°C), no melting happening here.

I'll have to look into Prime Pantry. No Whole Foods any where near here, but I've been in it in CA. My current beef with Amazon is that some of the stuff comes USPS and some UPS. The post lady won't drive down my road when the weather is bad, so she just puts the package on top of the mail boxes. I have to watch the tracking like a hawk and high tail it up to the road once the box is delivered. The UPS guy on the other hand will always drive down my road.

rocky

93 fasting today.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

109 this morning.

Yesterday when I looked at Amazon, the only groceries I found were basically dry goods. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place somehow; it'd be great to find meats, for example, at lower prices.

It was nearly 60 degrees here yesterday which was great. Still pretty good today, but I slept last night without my electric blanket and haven't yet been able to get warm. Anyway, I ended up getting up too early; sleep, however, can always be done later!

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Our low overnight was at 34° so warmer than expected but the high is still only going to be 51°.  We may see some chance of rain after march 1 but it is still too far out for really predicting.
I buy a lot on Amazon but never tried to get anything from their Prime Pantry.  Living in town now it is so easy to go to the market I prefer to do that. 
We had quite a problem with "meece" up on the mountain but here in town I have not seen any so far.  Hope it stays that way.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023