You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

91 this morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

Still icy outside, high today was 30°F (-1.11°C). I have never used salt before but I bought a bad today for my side porch and pad in front of my garage. I am so afraid of slipping and falling, I'm going to try the salt.
I bought a pair of YakTrax from Amazon, they work pretty well, but I am still afraid of falling.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

144 this morning.

Grammabear, I keep a number of different "Personal Profiles" on my pump that I change depending on the situation. Insulin needs vary a lot...

I got a call last evening from a friend at church who'd just caught some trout and wanted to bring me some. Unfortunately, he sounded sick with a terrible cold, so I declined. It's that sort of germ spreading that is surprisingly unthinking, but widespread and keeps me away from crowds.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

104 this morning, 113 last night at bedtime.

Tamagno - perhaps a foolish question, but how did you arrive at multiple "persnal profiles" on the pump?  I suspect I need to do that also, especially while taking ABs. I know how to do duplicate the present profile, but actually changing profile to suit that particular situation is what puzzles me.  My doctor is a GP so she is likely not to understand the whole process.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We had an overnight low of 23° but it is dry.  There is a wind advisory from 2:00 PM today through the night.  Maybe a slight chance of some rain or snow Monday through Tuesday.
Barbara, good thing to use salt, we did up at the mountain house and it really helped.  Of course this is California so actual salt is a no-no but potassium chloride or calcium chloride work just as well but are naturally more expensive.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this cold morning, 100 at bedtime last night too.

What I have is rock salt. It seems to be working pretty well. I put some on the side porch, but then I read online not to use salt on wood decks so shoveled it off. Sigh, I'll have to make a point of shoveling/sweeping the porch quickly when it snows.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

I don't see ccd posting ?

83 last evening and 95 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Kathy, after you've duplicated the profile, go into the new one where it says edit. At the right there's a little blue box that you press and then change times, rates, etc. Of course, I've got a different model pump, so unfortunately, you may have to check your instruction book or just give Tandem a call to let them walk you through it; it's not hard, but is easier to do than if I attempted writing the instruction without illustrations.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

73 this morning.

John - Thank you for the information you've provided.  I think now I can figure it out or as you say, call Tandem and ask more questions.

Quite sunny here today and forecast is for around 40 degrees.  A cheerful day all around.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  A bit warmer this morning and thankfully no wind.  Still a slight chance of some rain/snow Monday night/Tuesday but if we get anything it probably won't be much.
I made stuffed bellpeppers last night and used riced cauliflower and it really came out quite good. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 94 here too this windy morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

High today was 38°F (3.33°C) but I'm sure the wind chill made it much lower. May see a bit of snow tonight.

rocky

84 last evening before dinner and 96 this morning fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Speaking of Tandem, Grammabear, I got some insertion sets with the variable-angle cannulas that I'll be trying when I change it later. I don't know if it helps, but they have many training videos on YouTube that might help you with profiles as well.

Stuffing roast peppers with cauliflower instead of rice sounds good, Wally. I'll have to try it. My latest favorite condiment is sirrocha (sp?) that I love in small amounts with most anything to add hot spice.

All our precipitation caused a small leak in my house foundation where the water pipe comes through the cement wall. I seem to have managed to repair it with some cement patch but I'll do a bit more work on it later with a water sealant. (Oh, the joys of older homes!)

Grammabear

129 this morning.

Sunny here but very windy.  Yesterday it was warm enough so that DH washed both our cars and vacuumed the garage.

Yes older homes do present their own set of unique challenges.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Off in a bit for blood work before my Dr. appointment in a couple of days.
We only have a slight chance of rain here tonight and tomorrow but there is a warning for the people in the Santa Barbara area, North of here, where the mudslides destroyed so many homes and killed 20 people.  They are expecting heavier rain and possibly more mudslides. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Carbcrazydog

Will start testing from tomorrow. My daughter turned 3! It was a fab party and she enjoyed so much. My mom and bro are here so its a full house.