You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

101 this mostly clear morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

Snow is still in the forecast for tomorrow. It got up to 48°F (8.89°C) so lots of melting.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

95 this morning fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

109 this morning.

Grammabear, when I was looking for a supplier that could get everything paid (including my new pump), it seemed to take a long time. I think in the end, I had to have Tandem and my endocrinologist involved in it. You may want to keep prodding your new supplier, unfortunately.

Wally, it sounds like your numbers are great!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on March 01, 2018, 09:53:08 PM
How are your hemoglobin numbers ?
The last time I had a CBC was May 2017 and everything was in the normal range.  Hgb was at the low end of the normal range - 13.0
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Well, the chance of rain is greatest today but so far we have wind only.  It was really windy last night.  They have had mandatory evacuations in the burned areas but so far it has not been a problem.  Mountain resort areas are all getting a good amount of snow, measured in feet instead of inches !
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

144 this morning.

Our weather hit a record high of 62 for this time of year.  Today it is 36 and a high of 40 predicted for today.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

99 this cloudy morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 48°F (8.89°C) today. Early in the afternoon the wind kicked up and there was a bit of snow, but it didn't stick. Snow in forecast for Sunday and Monday.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

98 this morning.

Lots of rain and a few inches of snow here along with winds. At least I didn't lose power!

I got e-mail yesterday from my area Hospital informing me that their systems are changing as of this month along with a link to enroll which I dutifully followed and entered the required fields (including a number only to be found on obscure forms) only to get a message saying I didn't qualify. I now better understand my wife's frustration!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  Well, so far down here on the flat lands we have had no moisture, just wind.  Up in the mountains at our old house they have had snow and it is supposed to snow more today.  It looks like after the weekend we will be in the high 60s and low 70s with no more rain is sight.  It looks like Southern California is in for another drought year, although not as bad as it was in 2015.
Tamagno, really makes you wonder sometimes.  My hospital sent me a request to fill out a survey after my visit there for lab work and when I tried the link was broken.   ::)
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

107 this morning.

I received good news yesterday in the form of a phone call from the pump supply company I applied to.  I applied to this new company and hopefully they accept Medicare and my secondary insurance.  The phone call was to the affirmative that my application was accepted.  I am SO relieved.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on March 03, 2018, 09:59:45 AM
I received good news yesterday in the form of a phone call from the pump supply company I applied to.  I applied to this new company and hopefully they accept Medicare and my secondary insurance.  The phone call was to the affirmative that my application was accepted.  I am SO relieved.

That is great news Kathy.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

90 tis partly cloudy morning, 108 at bedtime last night. Don't know what is up with that, but it is what it is.

High was 38°F (3.33°C). The snow is out of the forecast totally now.

Tamagno

121 this morning.

Great news, Kathy! If you get a chance, I'd be curious to know the company.

By the way, I seem finally to have found the insertion set that works (Varisoft - the manual insertion one). It seems much easier to insert correctly.

In my continuing efforts to gain weight, I'm actually trying to eat more carbs. Fortunately, with my new pump, it seems easy enough to control, however the curious thing is that at this point, there seem very few that I find appealing. Most, e.g. rice, pasta, potatoes, etc. just seem tasteless and nutritionally useless but terribly filling. In retrospect, it amazes me the amounts of this stuff that are the mainstays of so many foods that people eat very regularly. It's no wonder so many are worried about gaining weight...

Shanny

I think bread (or rather toast) would be about the only high-carb food I really crave sometimes. I loved toast from the time I was a child in elementary school . . . I remember coming home & having it for my after-school snack day after day. Mom baked her own bread - whole wheat or oats - and there was just nothing that compared to her bread toasted and buttered. Part of the reason I stopped baking when I found out about LCHF, is that I cannot resist hot bread fresh from the oven. DH & I used to eat nearly a whole loaf in those pre-diabetes days - just sliced & buttered. Good grief!  ???

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  I had my homemade no-bean chili last night and I really like onions and garlic so there is a lot in there.  I do pretty well with it bg wise but I tend to eat more than I need, but it is good !
I have been staying away from any kind of bread, potato or rice since I started LCHF almost 5 years ago.  Recently I started trying the low carb bread from Netrition, lc tortillas and even a couple of French fries, 4-5 at the most.  I may have a but higher bg after eating but not by much and it is a nice break.  I think the secret for me is to not go overboard and keep the quantity down. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023