You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  We got up to 70° yesterday so nice here but I see that winter is not done for some of you, hope all stay safe and warm.
We have a storm system coming through Saturday night and Sunday with a 50% chance of some rain.
Falling is definitely something to be wary of.  I found that out the hard way.  Our older bones are not as forgiving as they used to be. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

86 this morning.

Snow fall is done here and we didn't get anywhere near what was predicted.  However at this time of year anything can happen and snow is not done for this season just yet.

Shanny - I hope your 'twinges' turn out to be a small concern and you feel ok from the fall.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

94 this partly cloudy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

Got a note from the hospital today. I have an appointment on Friday for a chest CT scan. My oncologist scheduled it to take one final look at the spots on my lung. I have my last oncology appointment next  week!!
Yay!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning. Things have been crazy at work end. But i am enjoying. Some really good work is flowing in and now that the kids are relatively grown up, i can pick up stuff that suits my capabilities and challenges me.

The little one turned 3 on 24th Feb and had a fabulous birthday. She is such a talkative girl and i am finally realizing and enjoying the gender differences between the kids.

I plan to start metformin on my birthday on the 22nd.

rocky

Hey ccd, nice to see you around, but look who's complaining.  :P

95 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

152 this morning.

Not sure just how much, but we definitely got a lot of snow; likely at least a foot.

Actually Shanny, the oncologist's office even called my wife's cell to make sure I knew. They're really good with most everything. I'm looking forward to my own last visit like yours, Bigskygal!

Always good to hear your news, CCD. I'm glad things are going well.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

It is another UTI for me, likely from the antibiotic I took for the last one.  Will be glad when it is finished.

Weather is sunny and beautiful today.  We saw our first American Robin two days ago which is a lot earlier than normal for our area.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  We hit 74° yesterday and should be around that today.  Still a good chance of some rain Saturday night through Sunday.
Tamagno, Barbara, hope your tests come out all good.  I had an appointment with my cardiologist yesterday.  My heart valve is now three years old and doing well.  The trial is over and the company, Medtronics, is doing more trials with newer valves.  They have received approval for use in patients with more relaxed conditions.  My cardiologist has some patients going on 10 years with this valve so that is good.  I hope that soon anyone needing an Aortic valve replacement can get the Trans Catheter procedure like I did.  It is so much easier than open heart surgery.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

88 this morning, 76 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 50°F (10°C) today. No robins here yet, but the black birds are back.

It is hard for me to believe that it has already been almost 5 years since my surgery!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

133 this morning.

That's great news, Wally and Bigskygal! It's always terrific when the medical community has successes; there's no doubt they've made advances in some areas and I know the docs really like it when they have provided good care.

I'm making a meatloaf tonight and have decided to try my hand at making my own catsup so I can get good flavor and control the carbs. Ought to be fun.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

152 this morning.

How did the catsup making go John?  I used to make it when our kids were younger and we had a huge garden.  It was a long process, but the end product was pretty good tasting.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Really nice yesterday and should be about the same today.  We will have a good chance of rain Saturday late into Sunday, hope so.
Barbara, time does fly, I remember on the other forum when you had just received the "dreaded call" from your doctor.  So glad you were able to beat it. 
Tamagno, yes, it is great that there are such incredible advances in medicine but it seems sad that in the USA it takes so long to get approval for anything new.  On one hand I understand the FDA wanting to be cautious but this trans catheter method has been used in Europe since 2002 with success.  While the trial I was part of was responsible for a relaxing of the requirements it is still not approved for the majority of patients. 
Also, I am curious how the catsup making works.  I buy Heinz low sugar catsup and it is 1g carb/ Tbsp while regular is 5g/Tbsp.  I don't know if you could make it with any less.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

93 this windy morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

Thanks Tamagno and Wally! It does feel great that I have beaten the disease that took my mom.

Yes, curious here too re how the catsup went. I used to buy Nature's Hollow catsup from Netrition.com but recently switched to the Heinz Sugar Free as it is fewer carbs. It is a little more vinegary than the Nature's Hollow but that doesn't bother me as I am definitely a salt and vinegar kind of gal.

skb

We used to make our own "catsup" a couple of years ago in the efforts to go really LC. Now we've started to use the market variety as the consumption is hardly a small tsp a day.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Not an issue for me at all. We keep catsup for DH & it's a rare day when I would ever take a taste.