You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

98 this morning.

Bigskygal, I put my ice cleats on before I put on my boots and do it in the house. We've got various mats and carpets in the hall and I'm just careful about the wood flooring. Seems to work out all right.

I'm currently reading yet another of Neil Stephenson's excellent novels. When I read his writing or that of say, Umberto Eco who was my previous infatuation, I realize how limited both my knowledge base and literary skills are. Still, I'm really enjoying the "My Story" posts and will make my own contribution shortly to see how it goes. In pondering my state of affairs, I think it may qualify as science fiction or perhaps even cyber punk...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.  The weather this morning is -12 deg F (-24.4 deg C).

We did venture out to get some needed staples for our pantry, but beyond that we haven't left the house all week.  I am hoping that by staying home for the most part, we will have a faster recovery.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  The prediction of rain is increasing and now 60% for Monday and 90% for Tuesday so it looks good.  It won't be a deluge but maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch and that would help a lot.
Kris, it's an unfortunate thing but California has to deal with mudslides after every wildfire and they can be very damaging.  I haven't heard of any problems yet so hope it stays good.  I know you have to go over changes in the tax code every year but this year has to be a mountain to climb !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this partly cloudy morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

I too am enjoying the My Story thread. I'll be adding mine soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

129 this morning.

I'm pretty sure I now have everything. Friends gave me a heated coffee mug (called Enber) that yes, has an app. Plugged in, you tell the app what temperature to keep your coffee or whatever (should you wish, it'll send you a text when the cup is at your desired heat). It then stays hot while you have it. Actually, I really like it! Now if they'd do the same thing with dinner plates...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.  I think I have finally turned the 'corner' toward recovery.  I did not have the constant chills and body aches last night and this morning my coffee actually tastes good.

John - What a neat gift to have a heated coffee mug.  And I whole heartedly agree with your desiree for a heated dinner plate.  Our kitchen cupboard faces an outside wall and our dishes are always super cold when our air temperature is below zero.

Our weather is so different this morning than yesterday.  It was -12 deg F yesterday and today it is 18 deg F (-7.78 deg C).  The forecast is for snow today but I hope they are wrong as we don't need to be shoveling.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  It still looks good for rain tomorrow and Tuesday.  Expecting 1/4 to 1/2 inch so not a deluge but certainly welcome. 
I guess I am a bit old fashioned but I am still leery of things that connect to my phone.  Especially things like lights, microwaves, refrigerators and the like.  On the other hand I really like my bg meter that connects to my phone with Bluetooth and keeps a record of my readings.  I guess that makes me a  hypocrite, also I love techie things but still sometimes resist change.  Sometimes it's fun getting older because I can be silly and people shrug it off because I am "old" !   :D
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

LOL! Yeah - I play that 'elderly' card every now & again! Age does have its privileges!  ;D

We're hanging in just below freezing . . . 31°. It's overcast & I think there's precipitation in the forecast.

Glad you're feeling better, KK. <3

walkerwally1

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this partly cloudy morning, 91 at bedtime last night too.

It got up to 40°F (4.44°C) and there has been some melting. I didn't take my garbage up to the road today because it was so slippery out and I really don't want to fall. Only 2 bags so it can wait for next week.

LOL good one Shanny!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Shanny on January 07, 2018, 10:07:29 AM
LOL! Yeah - I play that 'elderly' card every now & again! Age does have its privileges!  ;D

I'm getting there, so I'll keep this in mind  ;D

Mumbai is at 13.8o C which I think is the lowest we are going to see this season. Coincidentally, I'm also at 138 today morning. I hope my BG doesn't go up with the temperature.  :(
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

@ tamagno, perhaps this http://www.hotsmartusa.com/

@shanny LoL

93 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

126 today morning

I just was thinking a few days back how technology rules our life. If you leave ur location settings on, it just pops up saying u are at this restaurant, please write a review. Or do you want to tell your friends you are at this resort etc. I find it pretty invasive and usually keep it turned off.

Having said that i realize how bad i have become on just enjoying the moment and doing one thing at one time feels like a waste of time. Yesterday i was putting my daughter to sleep and was so frustrated as she was still tossing and turning after 40 min and i started reading articles on my phone on dim light. I felt so guilty and so restless at the same time. I admire people who manage to use technology and not let it rule their lives.

gunsmith

Hello mates,

I checked this morning - 8.9
Is that too bad ?

Shanny

Quote from: rocky on January 07, 2018, 10:42:41 PM@ tamagno, perhaps this http://www.hotsmartusa.com/
I know when & why my eating behavior changed. I was a very slow eater as a child - partly because I was a picky eater. But as I ascended the grades at school, it became more & more important to me to get outside at recess to hang out with my friends. That was enough to light a fire under me to eat faster so I could get out at noon recess. Years later I was still eating way too fast & I tried to slow down, but I think I prob'ly still scarf down my meals more rapidly than I should.  ~hgr~