You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

99 this morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

Windy here today too and overcast.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

My machines can be fitted with humidifiers too . . . I've just never done it. Compared to other regions where we've lived, Missouri Ozarks is fairly humid all by itself, and sometimes too DARN humid! A major change from the Colorado years when we had a large (5 gallon) humidifier which ran day & night.

Tamagno

126 this morning.

Very cold here last night and only 20 this morning.

Seeing my endo today which I expect will be fine. He's always upbeat, willing to do extra work and is on board with LCHF, so there never are difficulties there. I wish everyone here could see this guy!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  A little less windy yesterday but still windy.  It is supposed to be "breezy" today, what ever that means.  Starting tomorrow temps are going to be in the high 70's to the low 80's !  I hope that lasts for a while before it gets HOT. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

92 this morning.

We have rain last night and today which we definitely need as we are under the moisture level we normally get for this area.

Shanny - I just learned that there is a 'common' fault for the humidifier chambers for my machine.  It seems that some of them develop a "leak" over time and when that happens it ruins the nightstand upon which it is sitting.  Not exactly pleased about this developement.  Also the mfg does not care to listen to consumers complaints.  The online supplier where I purchased the water chamber has offered to replace the chamber even though it is past warranty.  :)

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

I have suspected as much. And because much of our furniture comes from previous generations (they all jumped for joy when we got this big old house with so many rooms!), we're looking at antique bedroom suites, etc., which would be sad if they got ruined.

Grammabear

QuoteThis is one situation where "cheap furniture" wins because when we bought this nightstand, we didn't have much money so we bought a 'cheaper model'.  I would have been sick if the nightstand was maple like our bedroom set.  I love antique furniture - it has class !!
Yep - this is the same - red maple. We have two full sets of it - one is a 7-piece set which is bed, vanity with bench seat, tall chest of drawers, two low chests of drawers, nightstand. Lordy!
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

83 this morning, 84 at bedtime last night.

Windy again this afternoon and the sky is really dark. May have some rain tonight.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

159 this morning.

My visit with the endo yesterday went great. Grammabear, he changed my 'script for insertion sets to 20/month and switched them to my preferred Varisoft. I'll have plenty, even with expected insertion failures. As usual, he was upbeat about glucose/CGM readings and congratulated me on such good control with so little insulin usage.

Antiques are often beautiful! Around here are some of the countrie's premier stores; several of the dealers I used to see regularly on "Antiques Road Show."  Interestingly, they're also extremely expensive. My wife's long-standing best friend has for many years owned an antique mall in Indianapolis and it's fun to go to these Connecticut "fancy" stores with her to hear her comments on pricing which I guess are wildly inflated.

Walking through this woman's mall in Indianapolis is a bit like looking through your own attic and finding old childhood toys, furniture and all manner of small things from your past you'd forgotten. I can imagine it would be easy to get in the habit of buying this stuff just out of nostalgia.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

87 this morning.

John - That is great news from the Endo visit for you.  It takes a while to get settled in with any pump.  I'm pleased you have possibly found a set that works well for you most of the time.

Update to my cpap story:  the humidifier chamber that started leaking was purchased 11-7-17 so it was out of the 30 day warranty.  However when I contacted the online merchant just to let them know that this product has a common flaw, they were gracious and said they would replace the chamber with one that they hoped would not develop a leak.  So I guess maybe sometimes it pays to be the 'squeaky wheel that gets the grease'.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  The wind finally backed off and it is warming up as promised.  We got up to about 73° yesterday and it is supposed to be in the low 80's by Friday. 
Off in a bit for an abdominal ultrasound for my cardiologist but it is not until 11:30 and nothing to eat or drink until then.  I can get by just fine without eating but I miss my coffee.  :(
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 90 here this morning too. 88 at bedtime last night.

rocky

Hi guys,

I'm logging in after a week. Sorry for my absence. I have been travelling on assignment and also still trying for a new job.

93 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Wally, a morning without coffee is lousy; maybe you could take a thermos with you for afterward...

Rocky, it's great to have you back! I've been missing your posts and hope all goes well with your new job prospect.

Had a big bollux with my insurance and Dexcom that finally got straightened out yesterday. I've got to talk to Dexcom to find out why they billed my Amex first instead of my insurance which fortunately sent me the check. Very unusual.

walkerwally1

94 yesterday.  We got up to 74° yesterday so it was finally T-shirt and shorts weather, nice.
Tamagno, my appointment wasn't until 11:30 AM so when I was finished it was lunch time.  By then i didn't miss the coffee but it is only 10 min. from my house so if it was earlier i could have come home and had my coffee.  Actually it wasn't that bad, just a change in routine.

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023