You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

107 this morning.

Looking forward to tomorrow when #2 son and grandson come for a short visit.  We haven't seen them since Christmas, so it will be fun to have them visit once again.  The weather isn't going to cooperate however as it is forecast (90% chance) of thunderstorms.  Oh well, one can't control Nature.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

86 this morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

Got up to 54°F (12.22°C) it's been pleasant but still some wind. The first robins arrived Monday. Now it is really Spring here!

Nice to see you back Rocky!

Grammabear sounds like a fun weekend ahead for you!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

151 this morning.

Wally, you've obviously got a greater gift of flexibility than I; changes in routine are a state-of affairs I find appalling, having taken to heart G.K. Chesterton's adage that "one of the greatest ruts you can fall into is that of constant change."

Have fun, Grammabear!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

80 this morning.

Weather looks more like a winter morning than a Spring morning.  Sky is dark and gray and looks like snow.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  We got up to 80° yesterday and it is heading to 85° today.  That is where I really like it.  When it hits 100° I tend to stay inside.  I bought a new weather station for the house because the old one kind of gave up.  It should be here Monday so I am interested in seeing how much difference there is between it and my old one. 
Tamagno, it is easy to get comfortable in a certain routine and hate any change to it and I tend to get that way also but then I do like to change things up once in a while.
To anyone with a MyFitnessPal account, I received an email that they were hacked and a lot of user information like email addresses, passwords etc were stolen.  We are advised to change your password as soon as possible.  It seems like this is happening every day.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 this breezy morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 59°F (15°C) today.

Thanks Wally for the heads up re MFP. I haven't used it in a couple of years. Guess I'd better check it out.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

With the Facebook data sharing & manipulation by Cambridge Analytica making the headlines everyday, it seems anything is possible online. With so many financial transactions taking place online everyday, credit card data theft is the worrisome thing.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

189 this morning.

Well, the whole point of Facebook, Google, etc., is to gather and sell information to any number of places ranging from marketers to politicians. Nothing at all new about this sort of data collection it's just now high tech. The real genius of the creators of Facebook was in convincing such a vast number of people to provide so much. This sort of data processing was one of the very first commercial uses of computing, in fact.

What you don't want taken by hackers are financial and too much personal information. I use an app called 1Password that stores passwords and can be used to generate sufficiently odd ones to maintain some privacy. I think I currently keep over 70 different ones there.

If you're really concerned about on-line privacy, you'd have to use VPN to keep your ISP altogether anonymous, but I've even seen reports of VPN services tracking usage.

I've often been hesitant about using on-line health record tracking apps just because of their vulnerability to lack of privacy. Insofar as I now must have a half dozen medical record reports from hospitals on-line, I've kind of given up on it as the data is now so available.

At present, the best we really can do is maintain some vigilance and acknowledge that as long as we're "on the grid" there really is no privacy...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

It is raining heavily today and I guess we need it according to the weather lady.  We are behind in moisture for this month.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  A bit late to the party, I did sleep in a bit.  We were at 82° for a high yesterday and it looks like that will be the normal for a few days. 
Yes, in todays world our information is a commodity that collected and sold from almost every entity we deal with.  I also use a password manager so I have strong passwords and a different one for each account.  At least that is a help. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

93 this breezy cloudy morning, 99 at bedtime last night. I don't eat anything after 7PM as a rule, for some reason last night around midnight, I ate some nuts...don't know what I was thinking.  :(

I deleted the MFP app since I'm not using it anymore. It had my lowest level password and an email I barely use with nothing important going to it listed there...

skb

I just use "Notes" (notepad) to store my p/w. The note itself is password protected.

Data, like everything else, can be used or misused. Collection, collation is not objectionable, theft is.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Financial Data being stolen is the real worry. Today almost everything is online and in a digital format. It is quite natural for some of the crooked minds to use that and prey on simple people.

95 this Sunday morning. Happy Easter to all.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

172 this morning.

SKB, I'm very lazy and use my iPad for most things. 1Password resides there and autofills usernames and passwords with my fingerprint on the iPad. It's just easier for the most part.

We may actually dare venturing to the early church service this morning, braving the still widespread flu virus "B" in a crowd. Just have to discourage excessive hugging...

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  I was a bit over indulgent last night but, oh well.  Another 80° + day yesterday.  My new weather station is supposed to be here tomorrow and it will be interesting to see what difference there is between it and my old one.  It is supposed to be more accurate with better sensors so we will see.  It is able to connect to the internet and weather underground.  I looked at weather underground and there are several home weather stations posting from the area.  Heck, I guess I don't really need a personal weather station, just connect to weather underground but that won't keep a record of the different items.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024