You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Drinking when you're thirsty is not good enough to stay hydrated . . . by the time you get thirsty, it's already too late. I try to get ahead of the game early in the day, so it doesn't get me up during the night.

As for our skin, that depends less on how much we drink, than on our environment. I had a lot of dry skin issues when we lived in arid Colorado. Now that we're in more humid Missouri, those issues have subsided. I still use lotion on my feet & hands, but only a coupla times a day - not so many as before. Get a good water-based skin cream or lotion, and use it. The one I use is Triple Lanolin Aloe Vera.

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on April 04, 2018, 09:49:39 AM
73 this morning.

Wally - Is this weather station of yours easy enough to set up if you are not tech savvy?  Simple things I somehow can manage, but not intricate things.
The one I bought was $180 and one of the main features is that it connects to your home wireless router and the internet so you can have your data seen on line.  I'm kind of a gadget geek so I wanted that.  I can look at my phone and see the read out from my weather station from anywhere in the world.  Unless you want that you can find other models for less money that.  There are dozens of different models out there for all kinds of pricing.  Picking one can be a challenge.  Also mounting it can be a bit of a chore, mine is going on the top of my roof. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

99 this cloudy morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

I fell last night, sigh, again. No serious damage, but sore knee and hip and a big bruise on my shin. Pretty achey today...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: bigskygal on April 04, 2018, 09:09:59 PM

I fell last night, sigh, again. No serious damage, but sore knee and hip and a big bruise on my shin. Pretty achey today...

Careful bsg. Lucky that you didn't get badly hurt.

I drink at least 3 litres of water every day bit then conditions are very humid here.

95 as fasting today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

145 this morning.

I'm with Rocky, Bigskygal, watch those falls!

Wally, thanks for the information. I poked around Amazon and the Ambient brand seems to offer best bang for the buck. I'll be checking the Ambient site later for more mounting location information as I don't want to have to get on the roof. I like the sharing feature which could mean better local knowledge and also the color display which I'd find easier to read (also the app).

We're not seeing any end in sight of cold weather and even snow next week. I'd hoped we were past that...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

54 (2.9) this morning.  These nighttime lows are aggravating.

Our temperature is just 27 (-2.78) at present and no promise of warmer temperatures for at least 3 days.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We got up to 86° yesterday and probably around the same today.  It's that time of year and there is a Mocking Bird that has a repertoire of songs a mile long and is going to town with them all in the morning.  Quite impressive !
Barbara, UGH !  Hope all is OK now.  Hate to hear that.
Tamagno, the weather station does not have to go on the roof.  It can be mounted on a pole and doesn't really have to be that high.  The one I bought was also on Amazon but that one was the older model !  It was sold by Ambient through Amazon but the one on their own web site was the new model with some improvements that were well worth the $10 more.  I don't know why they were still selling the older units on Amazon but I think some people would be rather unhappy when they found out.  Anyway, going to the Ambient Weather web site will answer a lot of questions and you can download the manuals for any items you are interested in.  Gives you a lot more information.  If you want to see what weather underground looks like it is at :
https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=35.61999893&lon=-117.69000244&zoom=8&pin=&rad=1&rad.type=00Q&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0
This will take you to the page my station is on and you have to enlarge the view to get to the best view of Ridgecrest and my station is near Downs and Bowman roads.  Station is #67, the numbers you see in the circles are the temperature but if you click on the circle it will show the name and number of the station.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this cloudy morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

Still a little stiff and sore but doing OK.

It is drizzling lightly now at 46°F (7.78°C). Snow is in the forecast for tomorrow maybe...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Hi everyone,

83 last evening before meals and 94 this morning fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

170 this morning - CGM was too low by 30 points this morning...

It's in the low 20s here as well, Grammabear, but I think the afternoon will be warmer.

Many thanks for the link, Wally, as well as the information. I went to the Ambient site yesterday and will be sure to check those model numbers as if I buy one it'll likely be on Amazon. I'll be interested in the Weather Underground link as well. There's an app in the Apple store but I'm not at all sure it's the same thing. It'll be fun to check on your unique weather!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

112 this morning.

Winter just doesn't want to quit here.  Light snow, freezing rain and North winds 20-30 mph are in the forecast for today.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  We got up to 89° yesterday and it looks like the chance of rain for tomorrow is much less.  It will be windy though and winds are already picking up. 
Tamagno, the Ambient Weather unit being sold on Amazon may be the newer model and the listing just may not have been updated.  It would pay to check though.   
My Cardiologist had me do an abdominal ultrasound of the Aorta and the good news is that there was partial blockage before I had my Aortic valve replaced and now it is gone.  I don't really know how that works but it sounds good.  He is happy and the valve is working nicely so happy about that.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was recently in the news for having a heart valve replaced.  It was done at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles where I had mine done.  They tried to do it Trans-catheter like I had done but it failed and they had to do it open heart.  That was always a possibility that I was told about.  He is doing good now.  His valve had been replaced about 20 years ago due to a congenital defect.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 06, 2018, 10:09:16 AM
My Cardiologist had me do an abdominal ultrasound of the Aorta and the good news is that there was partial blockage before I had my Aortic valve replaced and now it is gone.  I don't really know how that works but it sounds good.

I've heard of that happening as well, but have no idea of the mechanism of the blockage reversal. My understanding is that eventually the blocks are caused by foam cells they are never devoured by the newer cells being formed within the blood vessels. Obviously, there are things that we don't know, and this shall remain true. Always.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

92 this snowy morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Woke up to a blanket of new snow, about an inch or so. It almost all melted off by the end of the day.

Tamagno

143 this morning.

That's great news, Wally!

Interestingly, I decided yesterday not to buy any more of the whipped cream I'd been putting in coffee, tea and cereal (just being cheap, really), and discovered that my post-prandial nausea and fatigue is much less. I suspect it of having hidden sugars of some sort I can no longer tolerate.

Anyway, good riddance and I still get my cream and sweetener from my other ingredients, so I realized it just isn't worth it. Of course, I'm now feeling once again suspicious of prepared foods so I'm going to avoid them yet more in favor of my own preparations.