You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Very windy yesterday but so far the rain is staying North of here.  Wine country in Northern California is seeing very heavy rain and possible mud slides.
We still have a chance of some rain here today but probably not much, if any.
Tamagno, we all have different tolerances for different things so trying to make changes is a good thing I think.  I have HWC in my coffee every morning, 24 oz. coffee and 1/4C. of HWC and have never noticed any problem but the cereal is  something I just could not tolerate.  Different strokes ! 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 this cloudy morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

Rained most of the afternoon, now just lightly drizzling.

Glad to hear all is well Wally.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

92 this morning after a very hectic Saturday. I thought I would be much higher. But, there's happiness in little things.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

128 this morning.

Wally, breakfast is probably my highest-carb meal of the day at which I have about 25 carbs of oatmeal, cooked in my coffee.

My wife lately has gone on a big campaign to get me to eat more carbs as part of her program to get me to gain weight. Heavens, after dinner last night she even started urging me to have a Burger King milkshake every day; I think the smallest one has 50 carbs and heaven only knows what else.

The thing is, with LCHF, it can be trying to begin the regime, but having been doing it for something like seven years now, I'm finding it difficult to eat carbs even though I can "cover" them with insulin.

I don't know. My weight seems to have at least stabilized at somewhat shy of 115 lbs. so at least I'm not still losing. I've never actually counted calories, but suspect that with all the dairy plus calorie supplements i must be consuming 2,000-plus a day. While I'm not at all sure how important calories alone are to weight, it seems it must count for something regardless of carb intake.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We ended up without any rain here, or apparently anywhere in Southern California but to the North they had very heavy rain.  Northern reservoirs are all full while in the South we are still looking at being closer to drought conditions.
The storm front has passed though and winds should be much calmer today.  That will be a good thing.
Tamagno, yeah, we are looking at a different approach and what works for you does not necessarily work for me.  Since I am trying to control my bg with my diet only I need to keep my carbs down to 25g or less a day and usually no more than 10g per meal.  I also have no problem putting weight on so I try to watch portions. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

83 this cloudy morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

Cloudy this morning, then it rained most of the afternoon. Now the wind is picking up again with light showers.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

113 this morning.

Up early again this morning with glucose falling a bit too rapidly so I went ahead and got up to beat it.

It was cold again here last night so I used much of my last firewood. I've got some bricks made of pressed wood that I've been keeping awhile and may go ahead and burn those later if the cold continues. The bricks burn hot and produce very little ash but don't last nearly as long as advertised. Still, anything left will just have to be moved to the basement shortly, so it's easier to use it.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  We reached 85° yesterday so no wood burning here !  Actually this house has a wood stove and a fireplace but we heat with natural gas and it is cheaper than anything else and heats the whole house so wood is not as important as it used to be.
Hot again today and tomorrow but cooling down a bit Wednesday and a 20° drop in temp. on Thursday with higher winds. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

123 this morning.

We had snow in the wee hours of this morning.  Hard to tell how much because visibility is poor.  Wish Mother Nature would make up her mind and send 'real' Spring. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

92 this partly cloudy morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

Shanny

You're nothing if not consistent, Barb!  ;)  <3 <3

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Woke early again with leg cramps; gosh, enough to make you forget your morning coffee.

I've got to grocery shop today, but am somewhat at a loss as to what to make for dinner tonight. The cold here wasn't quite so much last night, but enough to make me consider what will hopefully be the last meatloaf of the winter season.

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We got to 87° yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today.  A front is due tomorrow and we are going to have temps drop and windy, ugh ! 
Tamagno, my weather station is working quite well and seems to be accurate compared to other sources but I do have a problem with it.  This unit is connected wirelessly to the console that comes with it and then wireless to your router.  It is capable of connecting to a couple of web sites, Ambient Weather has one and Weatherunderground which is great as then you can see your details on anything that connects to the web, computer, phone or tablet.  My problem is that so far none of these apps give me the data i would like.  My old unit connected to the PC with a USB cable and I had a choice of software to use.  I was using a free program that gave me a complete log of data and I could download that to my computer and then print any report I wanted.  All of the software that I have found so far is looking for a serial or USB connection to the computer and will not work with this unit.  So right now this is great to see exactly what the weather is like right now from anywhere but I am still trying to find a way to archive the information. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

112 this morning.

We're just below freezing at 29 deg F.  The American Robins are back and looking for food which is worms for them.  We also have a pair of geese searching for food in the corn field behind our house.  Sure hope they don't choose someplace in our yard to make a "nest" to raise this years family.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

104 this cloudy morning, don't know where that came from, but oh well. 85 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 54°F (12.22°C) today with a few showers and more predicted for tonight. Saw 2 mountain qua today. That is only the third time they've been around in the 14 years I've lived here. Used to see lots of them when I lived in the Sierras in CA.