You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Up at our house in the mountains we had a big covey of quail come through the yard every day.  If you walked outside they took off in a flurry just as soon as they saw you.  The funny thing here in town, we still have quail coming around, but apparently the ones here are so used to people they just stay there and look at you without any concern at all.  It's neat to still have them passing through.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Wally, I've noticed similar problems with WiFi-connected apps and am not sure just why. In some cases (like 2nd gen Apple TV and my CGM) there's a device storage issue and some limit file size generally. For PCs, I'd think there would exist some weather program that would maintain and detail records, but perhaps they're more professionally-oriented as is often the case with medical device records. Seems like there must be some work around and perhaps the Ambient people could help. Haven't looked into it for a number of years, but there might be a Linux-based solution; I've once again been noticing buzz about Linux in tech blogs. There's quite a bit more flexibility there if you're willing to play around with it.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

109 this morning.

Anyone ever dealt with Plantar Fasciitis, if so how did you treat this problem?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on April 11, 2018, 09:17:25 AM
109 this morning.

Anyone ever dealt with Plantar Fasciitis, if so how did you treat this problem?
I have never had to deal with it myself but you may want to check this article :

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354851

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  We got up to 94° yesterday but it is supposed to be cooling down today and the winds are going to pick up.  High wind warning starting later today through tomorrow and the temp tomorrow is supposed to be somewhere around 58°.  So there is a front coming through but no rain in sight for here.
Tamagno, yeah, I am going to see what I can find out from Ambient.  The funny thing is that my old weather station was easy to connect to the computer and all of the weather software I can find is designed to work with that type of system.  The newer devices are apparently designed for the newer generation who, in most cases, probably don't even own a computer.  It connects easily to a smart phone and the internet and gives you a snapshot view of what the conditions are right now bit so far I have not been able to find a program or an App to do what I want, but I will !  I tried Linux before and it really does not appeal to me.  I did get a Raspberry Pi and toyed around with programming it with Raspbien which is a form of Linux.  That was fun.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

93 this partly cloudy morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

My allergies are starting to flare up...ugh!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Hello,
How is everyone?

93 fasting today.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

87 this morning.

Wally, I've also got a Raspberry Pi. There's a lot going on with those lately including using them to manage various forms of the current smart home rage. There are quite a few Linux distributions. The one I used for several years as my only OS was Ubuntu which worked well for most things. Likely there's currently more and better. I was thinking, in your case, along the lines of some sort of hardware bridge to get you back to a cable connection. Probably still wouldn't help the software problem as I don't know if your new station would be able to use your older software.

Grammabear, some years ago I had the planar fasciitis problem and was able to resolve it with new shoes somewhat larger and wider than my usual.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

125 this morning.

Rocky - Hoping for warmer weather in our part of the world.  It has been cold and we even had snow two nights ago.  Ugh.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  It was windy yesterday but not as bad as predicted.  Our high yesterday was 84°, down about 10° from the day before.  Today it is supposed to be cooler with a high around 58° and high wind warnings for the whole high desert.  Breezy this morning but not bad so far.
Tamagno, yes, there are some hardware/software solutions and I am going to look into them.  There is a forum, WXForum, that has a lot of useful information.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

99 this cloudy morning, 101 at bedtime last night. Feeling a little off, don't know if I am getting sick or if it just allergies.

It got up to 44°F (6.67°C) today. Had a few spits of snow in the afternoon. Winter is still trying to hang on it seems.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Allergies are driving me crazy right now . . . I'm sitting here typing with my nose running like a faucet & post nasal drip down the back of my throat making me cough like crazy. I'm drinking honey/lemon juice/whiskey to try to curb the cough. DH goes upstairs to bed, but this coughing still disturbs his sleep. Not sure what exactly is blooming this week, but prob'ly oak trees with their catkins - we're surrounded by 'em.

Tamagno

111 this morning.

Looks like today spring may finally arrive with predictions for sun and temperatures in the low 70s!

I've got a huge kousa dogwood that was trashed by one of our late snows and basically come down. I'm going out later to have a look and see if I can get it all cleared or if I'll have to hire someone. Also going to have to start thinking about how much of the mowing I'll be able to do myself this year.

Sure didn't consider the exigencies of caring for this place as I age when I bought it...

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  Quite windy again yesterday but it looks like the wind has gone and we will have a nice weekend.  Then Monday again a temp drop and high winds.  This is the weather this area usually gets in March, windy with no rain.  Summer can't be too far off. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

Isn't that the sorry truth, John?!  ;)  We continue to wonder how long we'll be able to stay out here & maintain it. DH was only 53 when we bought it, and now he's 84. A hale & hearty 84, but still. A few years ago after his heart attack we were able to find a good man to take care of most of the yard work, and that has worked well, despite the fact that he comes quite some distance to work for us. He & DH are a lot alike & work well together.