You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: gunsmith on January 08, 2018, 12:14:41 AM
Hello mates,

I checked this morning - 8.9
Is that too bad ?

That's 160 mg/dl which is high.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

150 this morning.

Gunsmith, welcome! Your reading isn't terrible, but I suspect you can do better. Stick with us and follow the low-carb, high-fat dietary guidelines you'll find around here and you'll experience much improvement.

Rocky, many thanks for the link. When I saw that heated plate I was put off by the $65 price until I found out the cup gifted to me was even more. I think next time I'm feeling flush I'll get the plate.

I do love tech and still am put off by a variety of its intrusiveness and ubiquitous data gathering, but love the convenience and information. There was a very funny skit on SNL (https://youtu.be/YvT_gqs5ETk) that's appropriate for some of us.

Grammabear, our weather is similar with snow due tomorrow, however we're anticipating daytime highs in the mid-40s by the end of the week...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

119 this morning.

While I don't feel 100%, I feel a whole lot better today than previous days.  Thank you for all the good wishes.  I think it helped.  My coffee even tastes better this morning.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Well, we are getting light rain so the predictions so far are on target.  Heavier rain is expected tonight and tomorrow.  The burn areas are going to see a possible 2-4 inches so mud slides are likely.  Also this will be the first rain we have had since last February.
Gunsmith, it is believed that organ damage starts at 140mg,dl (7.76mmol/l) so it is best to stay below that number if you can.  I try to stay below 120 mg/dl (6.65mmol/l) at all times to keep a bit of a cushion and I manage to do that quite well.  Reducing the amount of carbs you eat at each meal can do wonders for your bg and is well worth a try.
Grammabear, really glad you are feeling better. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this partly cloudy morning, 97 (5.37) at bedtime last night.

Actually had some blue sky today and yesterday too. A little melting, but refreezing overnight. It is basically an ice rink in my yard. Snow in forecast for Wed and Thur, rain tomorrow.

Glad you are on the mend Grammabear.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: gunsmith on January 08, 2018, 12:14:41 AM
Hello mates,

I checked this morning - 8.9
Is that too bad ?

When I landed up here I was much higher than that. It is best that you follow the advice given here, especially the diet part. Your numbers will be much better in no time.

93 today.

@tamagno, I didn't check the price but 65 bucks is steep.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

85 this morning.

Wally, you all out there just can't seem to get a break. Hopefully, the rain winds up helping and not just making a mess of mud slides.

Grammabear, I'm so glad you're feeling better. What a relief to taste your coffee!

Here in the east we're getting something of a respite from the cold and will be up to nearly freezing today. The ground remains frozen so there's some risk of icy roads, but I think everyone is just glad for a little warmth.

For tonight's dinner I'm going to try doing something a bit more traditional as I've got some leftover fried pork. Generally, I'm fond of playing with exotic spices, however my wife craves good old salt and pepper. Something of a challenge...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  For here the rain has been great.  Not heavy but steady all day long and should continue today.  For the areas closer to the coast and in the burned areas much heavier rain, as much at 1 1/2 inch/hour and mudslides are already causing problems. 
Tamagno, this is a regular occurrence in California for as long as I can remember.  Wildfires in the Summer and Fall and rain and mudslides in the winter.  Once an area has burned it can take 4-5 years for the vegetation to get established to stabilize the ground.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

122 this morning.

Each part of the country seems to have its own particular weather patterns.  We don't normally have mudslides, so I am sad for those of you that do.  It sounds rather scary.  :(

John - Your leftover pork sounds like endless possibilities.  Enjoy your dinner.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Carbcrazydog

132 today morning. way higher than my numbers despite me eating low carb dinner yesterday. I think it could be because i ate pretty early- before 9 and checked after 12 hours. Need to deplete my liver dump.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have not been able to check the other responses yet.

Tamagno

93 this morning.

Our daytime temperatures were up in the 40s yesterday and it looks similar today. Overnights remain in the low teens, but much better than last week.

We seem to be having one of those spates of things breaking. So far, it's the microwave, two vacuums and the heater fan in my wife's car. Fortunately, nothing major, but it would be nice if these things didn't seem to happen all together. I recall reading a math explanation for such series, but can't remember it. The next thing is that I'll be wanting to find it...

Grammabear

134 this morning and apparently the cold/flu is not done with me yet as yesterday the cough returned in addition to the headache.

Before we started our kitchen renovation, our refrigerator broke (on a Sunday when there were no major appliance stores open).  Since the renovation is complete, the toaster went on strike, hubby's car windshield has a major crack due to the extreme cold and the water heater seems to be headed downwards with "cool" water.  Everything seems to happen in sets of 3.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Okay . . . I'm not even talking to you people about this!  ;D   ;D   ;D

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  The rain has passed and it is going to warm up a bit.  here we are supposed to be in the mid 60's and in Los Angeles it is heading to the 80's !  The mudslides and flooding came as expected in some areas and unfortunately 15 deaths so far in Santa Barbara county.  The Montecito area had 5 inches/hour at one point and was hit the hardest.  The 101 freeway is completely covered with mud and closed in both directions for a couple of days at least. 
I'm not sure why it seems that things fail in groups.  I wonder if one appliance sees another break and decides to join in ?  Electronic and mechanical things can be evil !
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

So late to report! 98 (5.43) this morning, 97 (5.37) at bedtime  last night.

Days in the 40's nights below freezing the ice rink remains. I am so cautious going out... This is Winter in Montana...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.