You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Weather here is cloudy and gray and a 70% chance of thunderstorms today, tomorrow and Sunday.  We will not be doing yard work this weekend.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on April 13, 2018, 02:12:37 AM
Allergies are driving me crazy right now . . . I'm sitting here typing with my nose running like a faucet & post nasal drip down the back of my throat making me cough like crazy. I'm drinking honey/lemon juice/whiskey to try to curb the cough. DH goes upstairs to bed, but this coughing still disturbs his sleep. Not sure what exactly is blooming this week, but prob'ly oak trees with their catkins - we're surrounded by 'em.

Everyone is different, however my ENT doctor recommended Allegra or Zyrtec which I tried.  It helps with the worst of the symptoms, doesn't cure them, but makes it barely tolerable.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

96 this partly cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

51°F (10.56°C) was the high today, overnight prediction 37°F (2.78°C). Snow in the forecast for Tuesday but that can easily change. It has been very windy this Spring/late Winter. More so than ever since I have lived here...so glad I had the trees cut down! If it keeps up it will be a terrible allergy season!

Yes, Shanny, I worry about how much longer I will be able to live alone here. I'll be 69 in June but with my back issues I really can't do any major repairs etc. I found a good yard service and a handyman when the tree fell on my house (haven't used him yet) so I think I have more time.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on April 13, 2018, 01:16:53 PMEveryone is different, however my ENT doctor recommended Allegra or Zyrtec which I tried.  It helps with the worst of the symptoms, doesn't cure them, but makes it barely tolerable.
As long as I can breathe freely, I can tolerate any other symptoms. For most of my life these allergies meant severe nasal congestion, so I'm quite relieved to have that part subside in my old age!  ;D

Tamagno

113 this morning.

Well, yesterday I went out to check on the downed trees (in our wonderful-feeling mid-60 degree weather) and pretty quickly realized they're both pretty much beyond my capability. The kousa dogwood is so huge it'd have been too much even 10 years ago when I was strong. Going to have to get in an arborist.

I really loved being able to open windows yesterday to start the annual airing out. Allergy season is just coming on us. For the most part, I only get a runny nose and some coughing and don't take anything, however, my wife has more trouble. Generally, she finds that Benadryl before bed helps substantially.

Funny thing is, I never experienced seasonal allergies until I moved from the country to Manhattan. Never could quite figure that out...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on April 14, 2018, 04:26:52 AM
Funny thing is, I never experienced seasonal allergies until I moved from the country to Manhattan. Never could quite figure that out...

Pollution ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on April 13, 2018, 01:16:53 PM
Quote from: Shanny on April 13, 2018, 02:12:37 AM

Everyone is different, however my ENT doctor recommended Allegra or Zyrtec which I tried.  It helps with the worst of the symptoms, doesn't cure them, but makes it barely tolerable.

The interesting thing is that Allegra, Zyrtec and Benadryl are all an antihistamine but each one has a different active ingredient.  I would gather from that if one does not seem to do the job it would be a good idea to try another.  Like you said we are all different.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  It warmed up yesterday and the wind quit so a nice day.  Warmer today and tomorrow and then Monday the wind is back again with a drop in temp.
Tamagno, yeah, taking on a large tree is something for someone younger and more agile than me.  It can be a big job.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

120 this morning.

We have rain, more rain and thunderstorms on forecast for today along with much colder temperatures in addition to high wind warnings.  A good day to do indoor chores.

The ENT said that the 'active ingredient' in the various antihistamines seems to affect people differently.  I cannot take an antihistamine with decongestant because of blood pressure issues.  However I do take one brand for about 6 months then I have to switch brands.  I am fortunate not to have severe symptoms.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Over the years I've been prescribed all the latest antihistamines/decongestants . . . which later become available OTC . . . and found none of them acceptable for one reason or another. Just seemed like the side effects were usually worse than my symptoms.

bigskygal

94 this partly cloudy morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 59°F today pretty nice with big fluffy white clouds in the sky.

I use a generic allergy pill. It seems to work OK. I don't take it every day, just when I have a bad flare up.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

134 this morning.

Now that you mention pollution, SKB, I recall that Manhattan's older apartments are virtually all habitually filthy from a sort of black soot that is nearly impossible to clean. Could have just been that.

Well, it was a wonderful day here yesterday with sun and temperatures in the low 70s. Today we have a high of 36 with predictions of sleet and freezing rain.

Now, if I could just remember why I thought it was so compelling and important for me to move up here to New England in the first place...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  We got up to 85° yesterday and should be the same today.  Tomorrow there is going to be a 20° drop in temp and a heavy wind warning with blowing dust and gusts 50-70 MPH.  This will repeat Thursday.  This is kind of weird as it is usually the weather pattern for March here. 
I have been pretty lucky with allergies but in the last couple of years I noticed I have been more affected and fortunately Benadryl seems to do the job.  All I notice is a slight drowsiness.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

85 this partly cloudy morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Your observation about April's weather being more like March seems true here as well, Wally. Thankfully, we didn't get any of the sleet, snow and ice yesterday as predicted, but it definitely was a much colder day. Hopefully, we'll be warmer today.

I recently picked up a copy of the 2018 Farmers Almanac which I hadn't seen in many years. It's an interesting little book and the weather predictions look pretty close to the mark. Most all the rest of it, however, gives lie to its claims of veracity as it's loaded with ads for patent medicines, psychic readers and "magic" potions of every description. Amazing.