You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

137 this morning.

Here's a photo of a blue heron resting by my bridge following a meal of brook trout and on its way south for the winter (both good ideas!):

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

We're up here high on the bluff above the river & the herons stay down by the water, so they don't come so close to the house. And they have to battle the kingfishers for the fish, so they can't let their attention wander!  ;)

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  The wind has gone and it looks like we are going to see higher temps for the next few days.  Heading to 75° today and 82° tomorrow.  Should be nice T-shirt and shorts weather.
Tamagno, nice picture.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

84 this morning.

Thanks for the blue heron pictures.  I envy you folks who still get to see them.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

104 this morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

Nice day today mostly blue sky the high was 67°F (19.44°C). Over night predicted 36°F (2.22°C). Days are nicer, but nights still in the 30's. Tomorrow is supposed to be windy again.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

128 this morning.

Great photo, Shanny! (I was surprised mine was sufficiently sized to upload, SKB, but I had no problem with it.)

Wally, I'm jealous of your warm weather. Starting to feel the urge to get my trusty grill out and switch from my winter menu preferences to summer. I've been making burgers fried in butter, but nothing beats them grilled along with some tasty sweet and spicy vegetable salads. Surely won't be long now.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Well, they said it was going to be warmer and they were right.  We got up to 85° yesterday and should be a bit warmer today.  A light breeze and with these temps it is welcome.  I hope it stays around this for a while before we get into the 100° + days. 
Yeah Tamagno, I really like the BBQ.  Here we can use it all year long with very few days that it is too cold and it is under a porch roof so even rain will not interfere. 
We are one of the states that has suspected romaine with e-coli so I just threw out a bag.  I'm going to have to get another type of greens for salad. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

104 this morning

We're getting ready to plant our own supply of salad greens.  The only thing we worry about with growing our own is the rabbits that come to dine on OUR supply. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

The wildlife always thought our garden was their own private buffet too. DH put up rabbit fencing, but that didn't stop the deer!

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on April 21, 2018, 05:07:16 AM
(I was surprised mine was sufficiently sized to upload, SKB, but I had no problem with it.)

When you attach a picture (like you did) the post displays the thumbnail and the full sized picture can be seen by clicking on it. If you choose Inline Attachment the picture is saved within the post in its full size. Your picture is rather small at 55kB (not talking dimensions). We've set our limits at 6 attachments with a total maximum of 1 MB.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

95 this mostly clear morning, 86 at bedtime last night.

Another nice day.

Yesterday when grocery shopping, I bought a bag of mixed spring greens (with romaine). When I got home and was checking my local newspapers on twitter I saw that we have had 9-10 cases of the romaine e-coli here in MT, some local to me. They recommended throwing any you had away to be safe. The bag went from my fridge to the garbage.  :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Logging on after a long time. 94 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

154 this morning.

I've been noticing those romaine lettuce warnings in various news feeds the last week or so but didn't pay much attention as it's not on our menu. I used to grow it regularly with some pretty good success. I fenced the majority of my yard years ago with 8' tall deer fencing which is the only thing that keeps them out. Rabbits, etc., are a whole other matter and there doesn't seem to be much that's an effective deterrent.

Yesterday afternoon proved unpleasantly exciting when I saw the kitchen sink had water bubbling up from the drain, a sure indicator of clogged septic. Fortunately, a call to our septic guy produced a workman within the hour who pumped the tank. Well, I guess I won't be putting off having that done annually any more! I'd thought I could get away with it as our septic is engineered for a four-bedroom house and the vast majority of the time it's just the two of us and we don't flush cooking oils or paper towels, etc.

Grammabear

105 this morning.

We learned the hard way to have the septic tank pumped regularly.  When we bought the house in 1970 it had not been pumped for ages as it was a rental property.  We ended up having to put in new field lines and a whole new septic system.  Of course the seller withheld that information from us at sale, and the home inspection never revealed it either.

Hubby planted two rows of potatoes yesterday - he loves potatoes.  Today he is going to work on planting either lettuce or string beans.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  Another nice warm day yesterday and it looks like the same for a while.
At our old house we had to replace the septic tank and the leach lines after we lived there for about 20 years.  The house was built in 1953 and that was the original.  The soil was quite sandy there and we never had to have it pumped. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024