You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

99 this partly cloudy morning, 99 at bedtime last night too.

77°F for a high today nights are in the 40's. Soon things will begin to blossom. Only thing now is the dandelions!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Everything is in full bloom here now . . . except the dandelions . . . they're done & going to seed & we don't have many of them anyhow. The yard is still matted with little wild violets, even after our mower man came & mowed. They're so low that the mower blade can't reach them!  ;D

Tamagno

91 this morning.

Grammabear, if it's easy you want, Apple's the way to go; you also won't have the virus package subscriptions, install/deinstall problems or worries about accidentally messing up some settings. Actually, I only use my laptop or desktop for a few things, mostly it's my iPad that I use constantly and have with me most of the time. I also use it exclusively for reading as it's so easy to read in bed and I can adjust the size, style of fonts and lighting.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on May 05, 2018, 04:32:09 AM
Grammabear, if it's easy you want, Apple's the way to go; you also won't have the virus package subscriptions, install/deinstall problems or worries about accidentally messing up some settings. Actually, I only use my laptop or desktop for a few things, mostly it's my iPad that I use constantly and have with me most of the time. I also use it exclusively for reading as it's so easy to read in bed and I can adjust the size, style of fonts and lighting.

Very true.

92 today morning. I have been reading through all the posts and enjoying myself.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We hit 90° yesterday and it should be about 95° today.  I hope it stays around there for a bit until we go over 100°.
I agree that if you can afford it and want a turnkey operation Apple is the way to go.  I started with a PC and learned Windows from the beginning and I began to have fun building my own computers from scratch.  It's become a hobby with me and you can't do that with Apple.  I deal with all of the quirks of Windows but do OK.  My phone and tablet are IOS though.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

95 this morning.

It is very hard to find the courage to forgive myself for being so dumb as to fall for the scam line that HP tech support gave me.  It was an expensive lesson and right now I'm just discouraged with computers in general.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

100 this partly cloudy morning, 107 at bedtime last night. Pretty sure all the pain I've been in is reflected in these numbers.

71°F (21.67°C) for a high today. Overnight temps still in the low 40's. Nothing is blossoming yet.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

116 this morning.

A small, but terrific and true miracle

Earlier in the week I noticed I'd somehow lost my gold wedding band. It's been pretty loose for a long time as I lost so much weight. While I'd gotten in the habit of checking it, once it's gone, it's gone. Naturally, I checked the usual work gloves, pants pockets, etc., but no luck. Of course, I looked for a replacement, but it's exceptionally broad and real gold would cost a lot. I ordered a cheap replacement of tungsten from Amazon.

Well, last night at dinner I served the last of my Asian vegetable salad and while eating, I glimpsed a small metallic gleam that I initially thought was a bit of Lifesaver foil wrapper. You guessed it - my wedding band!

Whew! I quickly cleaned it and put it back on thereby avoiding having to tell my wife. It's now wrapped with surgical tape to hold it on. Meanwhile, I figure that if the replacement is a reasonably close match, I'll wear it and keep the gold one in my safe...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

It was in your salad?!!! Wow! So glad you didn't have to tell your wife . . .  ~ cat ~

My wedding ring is the same . . . a very wide gold band.

walkerwally1

102 this morning. 
Wow Tamagno, that was fortunate that you found it and it didn't get thrown out. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Tamagno - So very happy for you to have found your wedding band.  Some time ago I spent two days looking for mine and could not find it.  I had removed it because I was making meatballs and of course 'forgot' where I put it for safe keeping.  I eventually found it in my apron pocket of all places.  I now have a proper safe keeping place when I have to remove it.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 102 here too this partly cloudy morning. 104 at bedtime last nght.

Tamagno, so glad you found your ring!!

We are under a flood watch until Wed 6AM. I am fairly far from the river mentioned, but I have an irrigation ditch behind the house and a seasonal creek on one side that are extremely full. So I am concerned they may flood. Rain in forecast for tonight and Monday...  :(

skb

John,

Very fortunate indeed.

Now, we need to slightly amend Hippocrates adage
"Let thy food by thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food"
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

132 this morning.

Gosh, SKB, and I've just seen some recipes calling for gold leaf on ice cream!

(To be honest, I'm now on my third gold band - the first one I lost somewhere on a reef in the Pacific while snorkeling near Oahu; I think my wife would've hit the roof this time.)

Sure do hope you don't get flooding, BigSkyGal!

We're a little cooler here just now with highs in the low 60s. Having had a taste of warmer weather I really want it to stay. Just can't abide feeling cold any more...

Grammabear

135 this morning.

The temperature is 56 this morning however it was 80 deg yesterday.  Hubby and I mowed our grass Saturday and it took us 4-1/2 hrs.  Looks more like a civilized lawn now.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021