You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

96 this morning.  I have to download Dexcom G5 to Clarity to see where I need to decrease basal rates, most annoying these nighttime lows.

Yesterday the sky was gray and threatening rain.  Hubby and I started mowing the grass all the while keeping an eye on the sky.  We just finished when it seemed like there was a downpour.  We were glad to get the grass mowed at least.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Not even a remote chance of rain here but the temp. remains nice in the mid 80's. 
A couple of pics for the  ~ cat ~ people out there :

[attachment id=0][attachment id=1][attachment id=2]
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this blue sky morning, 105 at bedtime last night. Not liking these numbers, but I guess it is to be expected with the pain I've been in.

Water level down a bit more today. My bridge across my creek is finally out of the water.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

133 this morning.

Great photos, Wally, thanks!

Yesterday was beautiful until the late afternoon when we had torrential rain and thunderstorms. In speaking with some area friends we found out that the region just to the south and east of us was slammed with tornados and quite a lot of bad property damage. We were very fortunate to have experienced nothing beyond outages of Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as some other peculiar internet bandwidth constriction. Thankfully, the weather has no such events in the current forecast so people can get started clearing all the downed trees and repairing their houses.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  No weather problems here just really nice here right now.
More  ~ cat ~
  [attachment id=0][attachment id=1][attachment id=2]
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

88 this morning.

Having a fair amount of joint pain in my knee yesterday and today.  Not so much fun at all.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

103 this blue sky morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

Pretty nice day until late afternoon when a thunderstorm passed through. Scared Boo enough to hide under the chair for several hours.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

118 this morning.

Joint pain is not fun, Grammabear and I hope that goes away quickly!

You've got great looking cats, Wally!

Just on the edge between warm and cold yesterday with highs in the low 60s. Still good enough to grill and should be better today.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  Temp. remains the same but a bit windy yesterday.  Here we can use the BBQ almost year around, and do ! 
Not my cats Tamagno, just some pics I saw on the internet,  but I thought they were cute.   ~ cat ~
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

A pox on joint pain! Am wearing a knee brace as we speak, and it does help. Am thinking of getting a coupla new ones.

(Okay, having reread that, I wonder if a coupla new knees wouldn't be the better option!)

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on May 17, 2018, 12:41:53 PM
A pox on joint pain! Am wearing a knee brace as we speak, and it does help. Am thinking of getting a coupla new ones.

(Okay, having reread that, I wonder if a coupla new knees wouldn't be the better option!)

It would seem that 'knee problems' go along with "growing old gracefully"?  I have been trying to get more steps into my day so as to use both diet and exercise to control my blood glucose.  My rt knee is complaining about this new regimen quite loudly.  It is even going to far as to behave like it is not going to hold me in an upright position.  I'm with you Shanny - A pox on joint pain.

Someone told me that eliiminating dairy from my diet would eliminate the joint knee pain but it did not!
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Okay, this is dumb: I just looked up dairy products because dairy is a good part of my diet. And on their list I found this. Why would they even have 'non-dairy' on the list?! Methinks the inmates are running the asylum!  ::)

And as regards growing old gracefully, I think in my case prob'ly weighing 250# no doubt eclipses the growing old part. It's only the getting up part that causes pain . . . once I'm up I can move about just fine. And that's a lot better than my poor DH who experiences knee pain when lying down! That would wreck me - not getting relief by lying down!

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 99 here this morning too, 110 at bedtime last night.

Those were really cute cat pix Wally!! Thanks foe sharing!

Knees, I have problems with mine, but I think I have narrowed the recent thigh pain to my low back issues. Just need to get it under control enough to go to the dr.

Tamagno

123 this morning.

I often have knee pain at night sleeping which generally goes away with a bit of walking around.

I've noticed in poking around for cures/causes that joint problems have more snake oil cures and treatments than even diabetes. While I'm sure it's easier if you're not carrying extra weight certainly getting skinny is no cure all.

Since it's so common I've talked to quite a few friends and relatives most of whom have experimented with all manner of medical interventions as well as dietary schemes generally without terribly dramatic success. I suspect that our very peculiar bipedal mode of stance and perambulation combine with gravity and entropy to result in plain old wearing out over time.

I'm adding this complaint to all my others that seem mostly to have to be accommodated and employ the great gift of denial as a means of moving on...

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  I have had to deal with knee pain for several years.  I did have knee pain at night often and there is no way to mitigate it except some type of pain med.  My PCP referred me to an Orthopedic Dr. for another reason that was resolved but I started to see him for my knees.   A simple X-ray shows the calcium build up in the knee joint and osteoarthritis was the diagnosis in my case.  This is apparently the most common.  I got relief for a couple of years with cortisone injections and that was a big help.  Last time I had  hyaluronan injections and that has been the best yet.  It took time to work but right now I have no knee pain walking or at night. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024