You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Email arrived from GrammaBear & they're just fine. Been on the road for grandson's graduation, etc. She'll be by soon.

Tamagno

162 this morning.

Thank Shanny, I was hoping it was something like that keeping Grammabear away.

Looks like beautiful weather will be disrupted today by rain and clouds. The rest of the week looks great though, which I'm hoping holds through the weekend.

A planned little Memorial Day cookout with a few friends means the chance to cook some "non-diabetic" food this week. I've got my eye on a recipe for key lime cheesecake that looks terrific. Outside of the graham cracker crust, I bet it could be made very low-carb with a few adjustments. I'll know after I've made one...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We actually got some rain yesterday.  Not much but it got the pavement wet.  More than I expected.
Thanks Shanny, good to hear all is OK with Grammabear.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

89 this morning.

Hubby and I left for northern Wisconsin last Friday to attend our grandson's High School graduation.  It hardly seems possibly he has grown up so fast.  He will also turn 18 on Memorial Day.  We also saw our younger son's first home and helped him plant some annual flowers.  He has a small yard so is planning on using a reel lawnmower to cut the grass.  I'm thinking he will definitely get a good "workout" doing the lawn.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

99 this partly cloudy morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

Glad you are OK Grammabear! Sounds like you had a great time.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

123 this morning.

I'm with BihSkyGal, Grammabear, you were missed! Glad you had a good time, though. It's really something how quickly the kids grow up...

Another small miracle here. Our over-the range microwave whose touch pad had stopped working following a big round of steamy broth making is now once again functioning normally. Insofar as my wife only just made more chicken broth, her theory is that the two are somehow related in a vaguely magical way.  I suspect, however, that it's more likely related to warmer weather and the vent having allowed too much icy cold to leak in and freeze up the moist environment that's now dried up. Either way, I'll take it. Sure glad I didn't run out and buy a new one!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  We hit 86° yesterday and are headed to 90° today.  Right now at 6:00 AM it is 65° so I'm pretty sure 90 will get here at least. 
Yeah Tamagno, steam is all that is needed to cause problems with electronics.  A little moisture can cause havoc but drying out apparently was the fix.  Like you said, good thing you didn't go out and buy a new one.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

129 this morning.

Speaking of microwaves, while we were visiting my son at his first home, I noticed he was still using a microwave he received as a gift from my sister in 2002.  I told him he better hang onto the microwave as long as it still functions.  They do NOT make them to last so long these days.  It seems that any microwave we have purchased from Sears lasts about as long as the warranty - maybe that is why they always push the "extended warranty" option which we always decline.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

98 this partly cloudy morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

Had a little rain overnight and looks like the same again tonight. High was 77°F.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

121 this morning.

Microwaves are an appliance that seems to be considered a necessity in most kitchens but I've found I really prefer the stove or oven even for reheating coffee or a quick dish of frozen vegetables. Somehow, I've come to think I get things hotter with real heat. At that, I've started thinking I wish I had gas for my stove and oven but installing it out here would be a really big expense.

Looks like it'll be another really nice day today with sun and highs in the mid-70s. I managed a bit of mowing yesterday and will do more today if I have the oomph...

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  My internet was down since about midnight but it just came back up.  That doesn't happen often with my cable connection but it has a couple of times before.  One time construction crews cut through the main trunk line by accident and it was down for almost the whole day.
I really like the Microwave. For me it is a real handy tool.  I have no problem with how things are heated, seems to be good.  That being said I don't use it for cooking but just for re-heating things. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Since my younger son has a small yard at the home he just purchased, he opted to buy a reel mower instead of a gas mower.  I advised him that mowing the lawn would definitely be a good "workout" and now that he has mowed one time, he agrees.  At least he doesn't have to buy gas at over $3 a gal just to mow his grass.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Our microwave gets used for two things . . . DH heats water for coffee, and I soften sticks of butter for about 8 seconds if I need them fresh outta the fridge!  ;D

bigskygal

111 this partly cloudy morning. Forgot to test at bedtime.

Again rain overnight but the day was nice.

I love my gas stove!! What is really nice is when the power is out, I can still cook on the stove just using a lighter to start the burner. I use the microwave to heat water or reheat tea.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on May 24, 2018, 04:29:59 AM
Microwaves are an appliance that seems to be considered a necessity in most kitchens but I've found I really prefer the stove or oven even for reheating coffee or a quick dish of frozen vegetables. Somehow, I've come to think I get things hotter with real heat. At that, I've started thinking I wish I had gas for my stove and oven but installing it out here would be a really big expense.

Microwaves should be sparingly used. I dont like the idea of changes at the molecular level in heating up things. We use the oven as far as possible for the same reason.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH