You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

116 this morning.

Grammabear, I love those reel mowers like your son got; wish I could use one at my place, but it'd take me forever if I could push the thing.

Yesterday was beautiful here and I managed some more mowing of my own with my gas mower that thankfully started the first pull. While I wish it had electric start, it's the only brand/model I've found that's really good on our heavily landscaped and sloping property. One more session like that and it'll be done for the week!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We got up to 90° yesterday and there was a light breeze so it was not too bad.  Today it is supposed to be cooler and windy and then back up to 90°+ for the weekend. 
I don't have any problem with a microwave and have used one for over 40 years with no apparent problems.  I really do find it useful for many things but I still use the gas stove and oven for most of my cooking.  Oh, and our gas outdoor grill.   `8)
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

132 this morning.

Do any of you find that a change in outdoor temperature affects your blood glucose?  While we were away for the weekend, the weather in northern WI was much cooler than at home.  My glucose numbers were quite good, but now that we're home and it is much warmer as in the 80s and 90s F - my glucose numbers are a challenge.  Really challenging !!

Tamagno - We could never use a reel mower either.  It takes 4-4-1/2 hrs to mow  our grass and that is using a riding mower plus a self propelled gas mower.  We have 1.25 acres to mow.  We thought it was a nice yard when we bought the house back in 1970, but we were a whole lot younger then than now.  Now it is a chore.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

111 this mostly clear morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

I called my new yard person end of last week and she still hasn't shown up. sigh... It is a jungle outside...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on May 25, 2018, 10:47:37 AM
Do any of you find that a change in outdoor temperature affects your blood glucose?  While we were away for the weekend, the weather in northern WI was much cooler than at home.  My glucose numbers were quite good, but now that we're home and it is much warmer as in the 80s and 90s F - my glucose numbers are a challenge.  Really challenging !!

Ive always believed that anything & everything impacts BG. Though the factors and the extent thereof vary from person to person. It takes a lifetime trying to understand what works for you and what doesn't, and by the time you get a handle on it, its subject to change. Extremely challenging.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

133 this morning.

Doubtless SKB is right when he says pretty much everything can effect glucose. Can't say I have really noted it, but then I haven't really spent a lot of time out in the heat.

What does seem universal for us is rhe effect of exercise. Yesterday I finished up the mowing and forgot to adjust my basal rate. While I didn't hypo, that fairly small bit of work produced a distinct drop.

Today promises temperatures in the mid-low 80s so I'm going to try to pay attention to see if I'm going up.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

I have not noticed any change except for the times that I am sick.

92 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  We had a really windy day yesterday and the temp was down a bit but it is going to warm back up and should be in the high 90's for next week.
I haven't really noticed any change in my BG with changes in the temperature and I haven't noticed any change with exercise, but my exercise is only walking.  I have seen a rise when ill or with an infection.  My biggest change is due to what food I have eaten. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

133 this morning.

Today we will be mowing grass and the temperature outside is supposed to hit 90 deg F.  Should be interesting to watch the BG.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

109 this partly cloudy morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

Rain again overnight. High today was 74°F. The river is so high, not near me, but going to town today to shop, there was water washing over the road I had to drive on. Very scary!

I know being sick or in pain raises my bg. I also don't do well with heat and humidity.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

144 this morning.

Actually, Grammabear, I notice that the last two days - temperatures in the 80s - I've had late afternoon spikes over 250 that are definitely not my usual pattern and requiring boluses. At first I thought it might be a different brand of sugar-free sweetener I use in coffee, but then I thought about your statement yesterday regarding hot weather and now am wondering.

Today's highs will only be in the mid-60s so it'll be interesting to compare. My diet, as usual, stays very constant so I don't think that's the culprit.

Meanwhile, last night and this morning I notice my CGM was a good 20 points higher than finger stick. I've gotten lazy and it's been pretty accurate lately so I've been relying on it for making adjustments and have been doing only the necessary twice daily calibrations and have been reasonably successful. It'd be interesting to understand its algorithms more thoroughly as I'm wondering if unusual spikes throw it off in some way.

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We got to 82° yesterday which will probably be the coolest we see for some time.  Heading to 88° today and pushing 100° next week. 
It is interesting that some may see higher bg with warmer temps.  I am glad that I don't seem to be affected because here summer temps over 100° are common.  On the plus side the humidity is usually low.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

116 this morning.

The temperature for today is supposed to be 95 deg F but the humidity is most uncomfortable already.  We've installed and turned ON our portable air conditioners.  It was much better sleeping last night than the night before.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

107 this mostly clear morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Late to post, went over to my friend's house to visit and have dinner.

Tamagno

122 this morning.

Well, Grammabear, yesterday started cool and just kept getting colder until we'd dropped to the low 50s; no spike. Today will be the opposite with temperatures gradually rising and tomorrow in the 80s, so it'll be interesting to continue my little heat-related glucose experiment.

Yesterday we had three guests for dinner. While all are generally well-behaved individually, I'm reminded once more why I remain dedicated to my general misanthropy. Insofar as there seems always to be a competition to get to talk, I hate yelling to be heard over other more anxiety-laden conversation and generally just shut up. Hardly all seems worth all the trouble...