You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on May 29, 2018, 10:56:04 PM
I think the problem is if you reheat refrigerated and cooked potatoes or other starchy food. That reheating process activates the resistant starch and the result is elevated BG.

I'm not sure about that.  According to some of what I read you can bake a potato, refrigerate it overnight and then use it for fried potatoes in the morning.  That may not be true but I think it is worth trying.  I am going to try and I will report what I find.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We got up to 97° yesterday and headed to 95 today.  Winds are supposed to pick up this afternoon and there is a wind advisory for tonight and tomorrow with lower temps.  On the weekend it looks like we will break the 100° mark.
My Primary tried another RX for my blood pressure but it didn't have much effect so she referred me to my cardiologist.  I have an appointment with him this morning so I hope he can find a solution.  It has really been too high for a while.
Tamagno, I wonder if needing to use insulin has anything to do with the temperature.  Just a thought since I am T-2 and don't notice any difference with the temp. Then again that may not have anything to do with it.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

118 this morning.

Our portable air conditioner quit working yesterday and it was about 95 deg F in the house.  We have to call someone as this heat is oppressive.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

101 this partly cloudy morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

Well, I think I have been officially abandoned by my new yard lady. Called her the 18th she said she'd call soon. No word, so called her yesterday and still no reply. My grass/weeds are close to hip high... Guess I have to call the human traffickers again, much as I hate to. Or maybe just let it all go to seed and fall down... (my last service before them was a child "poorn" ring...jeez what is up with that?)

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

147 this morning.

Gosh, BigSkyGal, you're sure not having good fortune with lawn care! Seems like there ought to be someone reliable and reputable out there.

Grammabear, I never had good luck with either portable A/C or window units with most only lasting a couple of years and being generally finicky and expensive to run. I finally bit the bullet and had central air installed a few years back which has been great. If your house already has forced air heat and ducting it might be worth looking into.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  We have a wind advisory for today with winds of 20-30 MPH and gusts to 45 MPH.  It should be out of here tonight and then we are looking at over 100° this weekend.
My Cardiologist yesterday changed the dose of one of my meds to help with my blood pressure so will see how that goes. 
Grammabear, it is always the case that air conditioners will fail when it's really hot.  Hope you get relief soon.
Barbara, it's hard when you are in a remote area to find someone to do a lot of the things that are needed.  Here in town our next door neighbor is a landscaper and quite handy to have available.  Hope you can find someone suitable to do the work.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

228 this morning.  I don't have a clue where that came from since my CGM indicates it started early this morning around 5 a.m. while I was still sleeping.  Sigh.......I get so tired of dealing with diabetic problems.

We don't have the option of central AC because we heat our house with electricity.  It would cost a lot of money to have ductwork installed post construction.  The idea is definitely appealing though.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Same here . . . no ductwork in this 115-year-old house. But since we live in only two rooms of it (apart from DH sleeping upstairs), we've had no trouble keeping the two rooms (kitchen & living room) cool with just one a/c unit mounted through the wall of the living room. Wore out the first one after a few years, and I think it was last year that we had the second one installed.

bigskygal

105 this partly cloudy morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 69°F today with a thunderstorm and rain during the day.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

172 this morning.

Our ductwork is fairly primitive as this is an older house and was certainly never intended for central air. Many A/C contractors told us it'd have to be replaced, but it winds up working just fine. Of course, we rarely have the relentless heat some of you get.

Today I'll be calling Dexcom to see about the possibilities of upgrading to the G6 system. I wonder if my insurance/Medicare will cover it and will keep you posted what I find out...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

73 this morning, 348 last night (and No I didn't consume any food) I had a really bad day and today has no promises of being any better,  I'm running out of insulin.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  The winds are out of here and it is supposed to be warming up.  Predicted high today is 93° and tomorrow 100° and over 100° for the rest of the week.  Normal for here this time of year.  This house has ducted heat and cooling and thankfully it works pretty good.  Cooling is with an evaporative cooler or "swamp cooler" and since the humidity here is usually quite low it works well most of the time.  Bad days are when the humidity gets on the high side then it does not do well.  The good thing is that a swamp cooler is pretty low maintenance and east to repair if something breaks. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

Swamp coolers are no help for us since our humidity is too high already, and living right beside & directly above the river makes it even worse. But we've had good luck with having window air conditioners installed through the wall in the living room, and they dehumidify well enough as long as we don't set them too low. Right now it's set at 75° & that maintains us very comfortably.

bigskygal

104 this partly cloudy morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

It has been cooler with showers on and off. High today was 60°F.

Had a swamp cooler when I first moved in here in 2004. Never had one before, no one told me how to care for it. The first Winter the water in it froze up and when it melted, it ruined the ceiling in my guest bedroom. No more swamp cooler here!

Tamagno

148 this morning.

Grammabear, I couldn't "like" your posting! I'll be praying you find a way to do something to get more insulin in time!