You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We are heading to 100° today and tomorrow is supposed to be 105° but that is the norm here for June. 
Well, it looks like the retrograde potato works for me.  I baked a potato and put in in the refrigerator overnight and reheat 1/2 for dinner.  It appeared to have no effect on my bg and it was really good.  A half of a baked potato with a big pat of butter is back on my menu !     ~hgr~
Yeah Barbara, that is one thing that is a must with swamp coolers.  You have to drain them and clear out the water supply lines before it freezes or they will break.

Grammabear, what a bummer, I hope you are able to get it resolved. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

89 this morning.  I'm trying to be extremely careful in what I eat so as to use only the bare minimum of insulin until I get this issue resolved if I ever do.  I don't know what the problem with Walgreens is but I wish it would be resolved.

Yesterday is a beautiful day weatherwise and hubby and I got a lot of errands done.  Today is lawn mowing day and hopefully the grass will dry off soon.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

104 this blue sky morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

Yeah Wally, learned that lesson the hard way. Just wish the previous owners had left some owner's manuals behind. I do have a wall mount AC unit in my office but haven't used it in years. This year with the trees gone, I may need to.

Grammaber, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you get this insulin issue resolved quickly.

Tomorrow is my 69th birthday. Will spend the day prepping for a colonoscopy on Monday. Oh joy! Great way to celebrate!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

grammaB - no offense but prepping for a colonoscopy is NO way to celebrate your 69th birthday.  Sure hope you will make up for it AFTER the procedure. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Happy birthday, Barb! Glad I got in a couple hours under the deadline! <3

Tamagno

125 this morning.

Ditto the birthday wishes, Barbara (on all counts)!

Wally, it's great to have been able to have that baked potato. Now I'm wondering if the same applies to other tubers as well as other "white" starches like rice. If so, it's a big game changer.

It's the season for cottonwoods here and they're going gangbusters this year. Often during the day sitting on the deck it looks as though it's actually snowing. It'll seem like a mess for now, but it'll be done shortly.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

I so remember the seasons of the cottonwoods, before the advent of 'cottonless' cottonwoods. My grandparents' home was built in a grove of them, and all of that fluff was quite a thing for a child like me! And I still remember how they smelled . . . far different from other trees.

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Well, we did not get to the 100° mark but according to my weather station we got to 99.5° so close enough I think.  It is supposed to be 105° today. 
Tamagno, According to what I have been reading potato and rice are the most affected by retrograding.  I will have to try rice sometime.  I tried some pasta tuna salad yesterday and it kind of pushed my bg up higher than I like so it doesn't work the same.  Wheat apparently does not retrograde as well.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

100 this morning.

Hubby and I mowed our grass yesterday.  We have several 'mock orange' bushes in our yard and it was wonderful to smell theiir sweet aroma floating in the air as the mower passed near them each time.  Their odor only lasts a short time but so worth it for the time it does.  These bushes were here when we bought the house as well as many lilac bushes which are done blooming all too soon this year.

For what it is worth, I bought potato salad at the store last week and had about a third cup of it.  I had good luck with it but of course I bolused insulin for it as I do for everything I eat.  I didn't get only a small spike so I might try it again to see if I could have it during summer.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

111 this morning, 114 at bedtime last night.

Little stressed out over the prep...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

146 this morning.

I'm going to check further into the retrograding affair to see how I can adapt it to various recipes. I can't say I care much for rice just now, but there's likely a way to do it for risotto later next winter.

Can't say I've heard of mock orange bushes but they sound cool, Grammabear. I'll have to ask my wife about it (she does all the decorative gardening around here). Gosh, the lilacs sure did have a short blossom this year!

Looks like rain and pretty cool weather here the next few days with predicted overnight lows in the mid-40s. Yuck...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We didn't quite make the 105° predicted but 102° was close enough.  Supposed to be 104° today and then we start to cool down a bit, not a lot but about 10° so that will help.
I had some potato salad for lunch and it wasn't a fluke.  I didn't have any spike in my bg. 
Tamagno, this opens up some possibilities I have stayed away from and I am going to experiment more.  I like to make stuffed Bell Peppers and cabbage rolls and I have avoided using rice but maybe it would be OK.
Barbara, yeah, the prep is not fun at all but soon it will be over and that will be a good feeling.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

96 this morning.

My oldest son is just beginning to experiment with LCHF which is great as his wife is T2.  He was telling me about this great new idea he came up with of putting broccoli, cauliflower, a yellow onion, garlic in a food processor and giving it a quick whirl.  Then placing the above items in a fry pan with butter over gentle heat until the veggies are done to desired consistency.  Add a splash or two of soy sauce if desired.  He laughed and said "Mom, this is better than rice."  The kid is on the right track I think.   :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on June 03, 2018, 10:05:27 AMWe have several 'mock orange' bushes in our yard and it was wonderful to smell theiir sweet aroma floating in the air as the mower passed near them each time.
For us this week it's the honeysuckle vines. They grow wild out here & the aroma is heavenly. Lilacs are nearly done blooming. No wonder we have bees & hummingbirds all around!

bigskygal

107 this morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

When I went in for the procedure at noon bg was 126, that is the highest it has been in a long time. Hello stress!

2 polyps, have to wait for lab reports. Last time one was pre-cancerous but very early. Not too worried.