You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Nice to see you around rocky.

Do come back & post often.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Rocky hope all is well with you!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

140 this morning.

Dexcom sensors did indeed arrive yesterday!

Grammabear, you want to see if you can get to the bottom of those UTIs. As you well know, they create all manner of troubles.

Great to have you back, Rocky! Hopefully all is well over there in the sun?

This morning I'm taking my wife for cataract surgery followed in two weeks by surgery to correct macular edema that's been a terrible problem. Recuperation from that will be rough for her as she'll be having a month of blindness in that eye as well as having to keep her head bent down for a couple of weeks. The latter requires rental of a special chair and brace for sitting and sleeping. Sounds nasty to me...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

It sounded nasty to me too. Fortunately, mine was located in such a way that I could sit upright without disturbing it. I hope hers is too.

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  Not sure where that is coming from, 83 before bed last night.  Oh well, 'tis what 'tis ! 
We hit 104° yesterday and should be around the same today and tomorrow then cooling down about 10° for the weekend. 
Tamagno, it sounds like your wife will have a bit of a rough time for a while.  Hope it all goes well.
Rocky, good to hear from you, hope all is well. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

98 this morning.

I had a productive visit with my doctor yesterday.  We discussed various methods on how to avoid me running out of insulin like I did recently.  We will try plan A first and see how that works.

My UTI is beginning to respond to treatment, so I am relieved of some of that pain.

John - Blessings to your wife as she has her surgery.  I hope things turn out well for her.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

105 this morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Wow John, that sounds awful! Hope your wife heals quickly and well.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on June 13, 2018, 04:06:02 AM
This morning I'm taking my wife for cataract surgery followed in two weeks by surgery to correct macular edema that's been a terrible problem. Recuperation from that will be rough for her as she'll be having a month of blindness in that eye as well as having to keep her head bent down for a couple of weeks. The latter requires rental of a special chair and brace for sitting and sleeping. Sounds nasty to me...

Best wishes and prayers for you & your wife.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

84 this morning.

My wife's cataract surgery went great (thanks for all your well wishes and prayers) so now it's just a matter of the macular surgery the end of the month.

Well, I ought to be back on my normal routine today so I'm looking forward to a peaceful day!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

The nice thing about cataract surgery is that it's painless. The one that's a pain-in-the-behind is retinal repair. I had that along with my cataracts. I had a buckle, as well as a bubble to keep things in place because I had several tears in the retina. Luckily, there was no damage to the macula, so my vision is okay. There are rare occasions when I need reading glasses, but for most things - like using the computer - I'm good to go.

Grammabear

143 this morning.  I guess the antibiotic is wrecking havoc with my numbers.

Today we have sunshine instead of cloudy skies and rain.  Hooray.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We hit 104° yesterday and should be the same today then cooling down over the weekend.  Winds are supposed to pick up today and we have wind advisories over the weekend. 
Tamagno, glad it went well for your wife. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

122 this blue sky morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

I don't eat after 7PM, But I do have a drink or two.. that's life...

This has been a 6 month test if I am "cured' of diabetes as my dr says or just controlled by diet which he says i don't have to do any more, Yeah.. we all know how that will go....

Tamagno

198 this morning.

Shanny, thanks for telling me you got through that "bubble" implant with everything intact. I'll be sure to tell my wife as I think you're the first other person in our circles whose had it.

My chores today are very dull with a run to the town dump plus returning empty soda pop bottles chief among them. As is my habit, I'll do those first and early; at the forefront of advantages to age-related decreased mentation is the fact that I'll have forgotten all about it by the afternoon...

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Still hot at 102° yesterday and quite windy.  It is supposed to be cooling down a bit and winds will continue over the weekend.
I feel like I have a cold starting and I am quite stuffy and really dragging my behind.  I think that I am going to be quite lazy today.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024