You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on June 17, 2018, 10:03:08 AM
I have never heard of liposomal Vitamin C and I Googled it and found recipes to make it.  I might give it a try.

Pretty easy to make it. There is a product available in sachets in the US, though I forget the brand name. 
If you want to make it, The only special item you'd need to procure would be a small ultrasonic cleaner. I've been making it for more than 5 years now. Vitamin C is a must have supplement for all of us and the liposomal version ensures delivery of 90% of the ascorbic acid.

If you need any help with the process, just let me know.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Now this liposomal vitamin C has also caught my interest. I'm also going to look into it and see about giving it a try.

Well, my own desire for solitude got reinforced yesterday. Church in the morning and then a small dinner gathering of only five wound up being exhausting and pretty much threw off my schedule, especially in the evening. It's impossible to get a word in edgewise at these dinners even though this group is one I generally like.

Anyway, there's nothing further like that planned until mid-July so there's time to recoup.

Today's weather promises to be very hot and humid with a variety of some sort of smog warnings in the forecast. No need for me to go out though, so I'll stay home and have some quiet.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  This is the coolest morning in a while at 54° but the winds are gone and it is warming up.  Expect 95° today and 100° + for the rest of the month.
I don't consider myself a hermit but I have no problem being by myself.  Living in town now there are opportunities to "gather" like the senior center but I really don't like that. 
Thanks SKB, my doctor wanted me to take vitamin C so I have been taking a 1000 mg tablet daily for several months.  Maybe the  liposomal version would help.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

120 this morning.

Weather here is 85 and it is only 8:30 a.m.  High is forecast for upper 90s with heat index 105-110 deg F.  Too hot, wish it was cooler.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on June 17, 2018, 10:29:57 PMCount me in for the hermit crowd!
Some of you prob'ly already know that we (DH and me) have for years laid claim to the email address 'we.be.hermits'!  ;D

bigskygal

86 this rainy morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

It has rained all day and looks to continue most of the night. High was 62°F.

Had my dr appt today and doofus dr didn't even order an A1c!! So I had to have that done today at the lab. At least he didn't argue or refuse to renew my strips. I am so done with him. Next appt in a year, unless my A1c is bad... I'm going to get on the calendar at the local clinic...

eta: well color me surprised, my new A1c is 5.3% and I have totally been off the wagon for 6 months! I wonder how long this will last? pcp says I'm cured, but still don't believe it, nor will I ever!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on June 18, 2018, 09:54:37 PM
eta: well color me surprised, my new A1c is 5.3% and I have totally been off the wagon for 6 months!

Now, that's a pleasant surprise. Congratulations.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

That's a wonderful surprise! But you gotta dump that doofus doc. You REALLY gotta dump him!

Tamagno

228 this morning. (I think. CGM said 174, first finger stick 248, and second 228. Figured I might as well take the 228 and move on.)

Awesome A1c, BigSkyGal, but I'm with Shanny and would say it's time for a new doc for sure.

I've got a new arborist coming today to take down a few trees. Seems like a really nice young fellow, but more expensive than my now-retired regular guy. Naturally, I'll be hanging around to be keeping an eye on things.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  We made it to 91° yesterday and headed to 98° today.  Tomorrow we are supposed to be at 108° and over 100° for the rest of the month.  I think summer is here !   ~hot~
Barbara, that is good news about your A1c but I agree that your doctor is being no help.  What did he have to say about your back problems ?
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Barb - You deserve a better doctor than the one you have presently.  I hope this all works out for you eventually.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

You all are getting the brunt of the hot weather! It's high noon here right now, and we're cruising along at a balmy 84°.

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on June 19, 2018, 01:00:12 PM
You all are getting the brunt of the hot weather! It's high noon here right now, and we're cruising along at a balmy 84°.

We are also getting the storms that bring 'rain' as in 3+ inches just last night.  A lot of flooding in places that normally NEVER flood.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

86 again this rainy morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

Yeah, this pcp is a real dud! I will be trying to get in at the local clinic that has ties to all the records at the hospital Wally, I commented on his reply to my back issues in the exercise thread. Basically he said I had to be in extreme pain before they would see me and I'd have to go through the pcp/have an mri before referral.

I kind of get the last laugh on him though with my results:
Chol/HDL Ratio 2.3
Cholesterol 175mg/dL
HDL Cholesterol 76 mg/dL
LDL, Calculated 74 mg/dL
Triglycerides 126 mg/dL

He said he only wished his numbers looked like that!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

148 this morning.

BigSkyGal, one reason I've delayed moving is because I've a collection of great docs. Took forever to find, but going through the search all over seems daunting when I hear stories like yours and Grammabear's. We're starting to have a proliferation of storefront walk-in clinics around here that I've been to a few times without getting any real help from them. Always just a short 'script for some antibiotics with a suggestion to follow up with my PCP. Pretty much useless.

My new arborist showed up as promised yesterday with a crew of six! I was amazed they took down three large ashes and the remnants of an enormous kousa dogwood by 11:30am. Sure am glad that's all done...