You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

102 this morning.

I have trouble believing some of the things Fitbit tells me about my sleep especially since my cpap machine reports are considerably different.  However Fitbit does get a bit of mis-use too for example:  I forgot fitbit was in my pocket while I was mowing the grass last Saturday.  When I finished and felt the fitbit in my pocket I took it out and looked at it and was shocked to see something like 6000 steps when in fact I had been using the riding mower all the while.  So now my weekly reports will be all messed up.  I'm lucky I didn't lose my fitbit.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

98 this blue sky morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

Apparently, my former lawn service is out of business...in jail??? Trying an online search for someone new... really want to get the grass/weeds under control before the 4th of July...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

126 this morning.

Wally, I didn't know Fitbit had a desktop app and will download it today. I expect it will work better than the iPad app.

BigSkyGal, I don't expect it's a good sign when your workman lands in jail! Hope you can find a reliable one quickly.

Well, I haven't figured out exactly what's in store around here for the day. As usual, this is my first stop of the morning and having checked on you all will continue on. Hopefully, you all have an interesting day to come...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  We got to 105° yesterday and it is supposed to be 105° today but cooling down to a frigid 101° tomorrow.   ;D
Off this morning for a follow up appointment with my Cardiologist to review how the new Rx is doing for my blood pressure.  It works but it kind of causes a roller coaster of high and low readings.
Tamagno, yeah, I like the Fitbit desktop app because it is easier to get the information and I use the log and still keep track of my meals and the macros.  it works quite well.  When you sync to your phone it goes to the cloud and is right there on the desktop. 
Barbara, that was always a problem living on the mountain.  Trying to find anyone for some small chores was impossible.  We had to get someone from town 30 miles away.  Hope you are successful.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

91 this morning.

Barb - It is too bad about your lawn service.  Where I live there is no shortage of small enterprises that do lawn work as this part of the country is heavily populated with people looking to make extra money by doing lawn work.  They charge high prices too. Would you be able to find anyone by looking in the local newspaper if you have one?  Or if your town has a laundromat, sometimes people put up their job requests on the bulletin board in the laundromat. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on June 27, 2018, 09:07:35 AMTrying to find anyone for some small chores was impossible.  We had to get someone from town 30 miles away.
Same here . . . our yard guy is 26 miles away. But he's good & is of a mind with DH about how the yard should be handled, so we aren't just about to give him up as long as he doesn't mind coming this far.

bigskygal

104 this blue sky morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

Not that I live in an arm pit of an area... my first lawn service guy went to jail for 40 years for child *... the next one (most recent) was into child *, he just fell off the radar. After the tree fell on my house last summer I thought I had a good one lined up, but she never came through. I googled local yard people and found a site porch.com that has sent 3 names. I've asked for a quote from one of them. We shall see what comes of this... Next try will be Home Advisor.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Wally, having paired my Fitbit to my iPad, I found nothing would work setting up the OS version. I may try uninstalling and starting with my laptop but I am a little nervous about the Bluetooth connection. I'll find out later...

BigSkyGal, et al, my lawn service started as a gift from friends in Indiana and I'm not sure just where they found them. It seems a bigger operation than a one-man deal, but they're cheap for this area and very reliable. Likely they looked on Angie's List or Home Advisor. I've had really good luck with those referrals for several projects.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

111 this morning.

NOAA weather station today issued a "excessive heat warning" meaning the anticipated high heat that is coming tomorrow along with the excessive high humidity that is present now makes for an unhealthy situation for doing outside chores.  We probably will skip mowing our grass this week.  It isn't worth being sick over.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  The wind picked up last night and something triggered my allergies big time.  Woke up coughing, sneezing and had a really raspy throat.  I took a Benadryl and it cleared up right away, thankfully !
Tamagno, I have the Fitbit app on my iPhone and it uses Bluetooth to connect to the app on the phone also.  When it downloads the data to the phone it is stored on the Fitbit cloud and the desktop app gets the data from there.  It doesn't affect the iPhone app and doesn't use Bluetooth.  I have had the app installed on my desktop way back when the Fitbit I had then came with a USB dongle to connect to the desktop and it didn't use Bluetooth so I don't know if the version available now is the same. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this partly cloudy morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

71°F right now, as the day progressed it got cloudy and just had a few sprinkles.

No word from the lawn care guy...

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Thanks for the Fitbit information, Wally. I do notice that when I look at logs all the sleep data is there so it is collecting it in their cloud. The problem perhaps is the iPad app where I rarely can see the sleep data on the main page. No big deal, really, as there's no real need to see it daily.

We're also due for major heat and humidity today and the next week or so. Yesterday wasn't terribly hot, but humidity in the 90s. I'm a bit at a loss for dressing in this weather as my wife likes the air conditioning on making the house too cold and the deck too hot, but if that's the extent of my daily problems, I'm grateful! Like you, Wally, I won't be out mowing in this.

Can't help but think of all our friends on the subcontinent and wonder how they manage in their weather. Aren't we coming up to monsoon season?

Grammabear

66 this morning.

We have an excessive heat warning today and tomorrow and humidity is already 80% at 9 a.m.  This isn't a good day for anything but staying indoors.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  The internet was down this morning and just came up.  We had a drop in temp and just got to 100° yesterday and it was only 68° at 6:00 AM this morning.  Should be about 100° today and then warm up a bit after that.  Humidity here right now is 25% which is high for here, usually around 10-15% and that helps a lot to make the heat more bearable.  Especially since we use evaporative coolers.
Yeah Tamagno, I remember now that I have the old version of the Fitbit desktop app and when I got a new Fitbit some time ago when I set it up the new app was all that was available and I didn't like it so I kept the old app and it has worked fine. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

102 this partly cloudy morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

Breezy this afternoon, only got up to 65°F. Perfectly happy with it staying cool.