You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

A Happy New Year to all.

Use this topic to record your Fasting BG readings.

I had some "sugar free" ice cream last night. Turns out it wasn't. 148 to begin the year. Hard work in store for me.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

115 this morning.

It appears I'm the first post of the year which actually causes me to feel somewhat honored!

Yesterday I installed my new Dexcom G5 receiver with the touch screen. Once I'd remembered to shut down my old receiver the process was smooth and painless. The device itself is a different shape than the old one and is flatter and smaller than a phone; it slips easily in my pocket. So far, accuracy seems good. It uses the same sensors but perhaps the calibration and algorithms are improved. Haven't yet played with the associated software but it may prove interesting.

I've no plans today nor will I be cooking so I'm looking forward to a quiet day.

Happy New Year to you all!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

The temperature today is -15 deg F (-26 C) with west winds at 10 mph.  Wind chill is -31 deg F.  It is a very good day to stay inside.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  A lot warmer here than some places.  People in New York standing outside in Times Square waiting for the ball to drop when it was 10° (-12.2°C) is not my idea of fun !
Grammabear, -15° !!!!   ~shvr~  my, oh, my
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

We're below zero too, and the river has frozen over at the shoals. Of course water continues to flow beneath the ice, but it looks odd. Takes a lotta cold to freeze moving water!

Carbcrazydog

109 today morning. Will gladly take it as mom was here for 10 days and my control was wavering.

I just have one more strip so have to get a new batch asap.

3 new year resolutions:

1) Cutting back on Diet coke from once a day to once a week.
2) Adding suryanamaskars to the daily routine- a form of yoga.
3) Low carb meals and the last meal before 9 PM

Happy new year everyone. Stay healthy. Stay blessed

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on January 01, 2018, 11:45:55 AM
We're below zero too, and the river has frozen over at the shoals. Of course water continues to flow beneath the ice, but it looks odd. Takes a lotta cold to freeze moving water!

I'm surprised you folks have some of this 'freezing weather'  located where you are.  I'm guessing the wood stove is keeping you and your better half nice and toasty warm?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this icy morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last.

High today was 21°F (-6.1C). We don't get those really, really cold numbers until late January or February. Not looking forward to them!!

It is so icy outside it scares me that I'll fall when I go out to feed the birds. But I have to do it, they need the food, everything is covered with ice.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on January 01, 2018, 05:57:27 PMI'm surprised you folks have some of this 'freezing weather'  located where you are.  I'm guessing the wood stove is keeping you and your better half nice and toasty warm?
This wood stove is the best investment we ever made!  ;D   It's huge, so we can load at least two big bags of firewood at once, and it burns for freakin' EVER! It was built to use a catalytic converter, and we did that for the first coupla years, but it works fine without one, so we quit spending $250 a pop for those. We're at 6° now - headed for -6° overnight.

If we could just figure out how to manage without having to go out to town, we'd have it made!  ;)

bigskygal

With you on that one Shanny! This time of year I hate having to go to town and even worse up to the big city!!

When the "big storm" was forecast last week, I went out and really stocked up. Thank goodness I did as it is so icy out, I don't want to be driving anywhere!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

My first post for the year.
My fasting today was 104. Didn't check yesterday as I woke up pretty late after the New Year's Eve party.
Hope everyone is doing fine. CCD, great to have you back.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Didnt check today as i am saving on the last strip till i buy more. However ate low carb yesterday compared to the past 10 days.

Rocky looks like you had a fun party.

Tamagno

142 this morning.

Still frigid here, but we've not yet gotten those below zero days you all are having. There's more to come...

Bigskygal, I've got some ice cleats I put on my boots to go out to the wood shed that really help. I've also got a special ice attachment for my cane that I use when it's very bad.

Staying home today is looking like a great plan!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

120 this morning.

Both my husband and I woke New Years day with chills, coughing and generally felt miserable.  Today the chills are better, so I am staying home where it is lots warmer than outside which is -11 deg F _23 deg C).

It is so cold here that when my husband went out to start his car, which sits outside, he noticed a small crack in the windshield.  While he was sitting in the running car the crack spread both directions and now it looks like his windshield will need replacing.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  I watched some of the Rose Parade yesterday, especially the coverage before the parade and it must really look funny to people that are dealing with really cold temps to see the reporters in Pasadena all bundled up in heavy coats, big scarves and gloves and it was 51° (10.6°C) for the low yesterday !   Well, that's Southern California.   :D
I think ice cleats are a very good idea.  Ice is tricky to walk on and no matter how careful you try to be it can cause a fall.  I was at work a few years ago and stepped off of a stair onto ice and my feet went right out from me and I came hard down on my tail bone.  Not fun but could have been worse.  After breaking my hip I am much more wary of falling.
Grammabear, hope you guys are feeling better.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"