You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

101 this morning.

Cold here also, and the forecast is for 4+ inches of snow.  Not looking forward to that at all.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

This is my scale - I have a small plastic bowl that goes with it, and it takes up next to no room on the counter.

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this partly cloudy morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

Shanny, you scale looks exactly like mine! I got mine from Amazon.com, it really wasn't expensive. Paulomi, investing in a scale will really make counting much easier.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

I have never needed a kitchen scale. I don't cook much at home except for eggs.

99 today morning. Hope everyone is doing well. Have been busy with looking for alternative job.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Mine prob'ly came from Amazon too, Barb . . . most everything we buy comes from there since we use the AmazonSmile thingy which makes a donation to a worthy cause (in our case, Southern Poverty Law Center) for every order we make.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Wally, the links you gave us are terrific sources; thank you!

Grammabear, I'm hopeful for success with the steel cannulas and am hoping they'll arrive any day now.

For us type 1s, the issue of carb counting is critical to delivering boluses at meal time. That said, the many other variables involved create a state of affairs in which there's also something of an art to it. While our pumps are amazingly versatile in terms of personalization for things like insulin to carb ratios and suggest bolus based on carbs, glucose reading and insulin on board, it often is necessary to make adjustments reflecting that moments particular demands. It's tricky and takes more experience and understanding than is possible to get from any professional advisor going strictly by the numbers.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  It looks like a cold front is going to come through this weekend with temps dropping about 10° and a very small chance for some rain.  Of course nothing like it is in some areas where it is very cold and some below 0°.   ~shvr~
I think that what makes T-2 diabetes so Insidious is that there is no real warning that damage is going on.  Back when I was first diagnosed there was no symptoms at all and without testing or blood work I would have had no idea that there was any problem.  This continued for many years and even I was under a doctors care my blood sugar levels were often way too high but I was told I was doing great.  It is too easy to ignore what a meter may say or to put off doing any thing about it because you don't feel sick, yet, and it can't be that bad.  Meanwhile the damage from high blood sugar goes on and one of the things damaged is beta cells so your diabetes will get worse but it takes time and there is no urgency to change. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

107 this morning.

We had snow fall overnight and now everything is white and clean - until the morning rush hour takes over.  Being Monday morning and the newly fallen snow will create chaos for those people driving to work today.  Glad I'm not one of them.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

We're hanging at about 21° right now - headed for 0° tonight. It has stopped snowing & left us with 2-3 inches accumulation which isn't too bad. And it IS pretty! We have so little traffic that it should stay pretty for awhile too.

Dang, Wally . . . 10° is pretty extreme for you all! Be prepared!

skb

Yesterday I decided to cut out the one coffee that I have late afternoons. I usually add a sucralose sweetener pill, but I've seen that even these push my BG up 20 points. So I stuck to Green Tea yesterday.

I was at 115 today which would translate to a high 90s if I were to get a lab test done.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

Quote from: Shanny on January 15, 2018, 12:25:02 PM
We're hanging at about 21° right now - headed for 0° tonight. It has stopped snowing & left us with 2-3 inches accumulation which isn't too bad. And it IS pretty! We have so little traffic that it should stay pretty for awhile too.

Dang, Wally . . . 10° is pretty extreme for you all! Be prepared!

I think it may have been a bit confusing the way I wrote my post.  When I said 10° I didn't mean dropping to 10° but dropping from 65° to 55° so really still pretty mild for here.  We can see temps here around 10° in the winter here but it only lasts for a couple of days.  This winter has been unusually warm for this place. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this partly cloudy morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

The weather has been very mild here. Today's high was 41°F (5°C), heading to 21°F (-6.1°C) overnight. Snow is melting with none in the forecast for the next week.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: skb on January 15, 2018, 07:14:04 PMSo I stuck to Green Tea yesterday.

I was at 115 today which would translate to a high 90s if I were to get a lab test done.
I love green tea! I drink it iced & unsweetened, and I drink it a quart at a time. I have an insulated quart carafe which I fill up again every time it gets empty - brewing it with cold water so it's never bitter. Wonderful stuff!  ;D

I remember my grandmother using it too . . . so it's been in the family for many many years.

Carbcrazydog

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I will try that kitchen scale soon.

125 today morning after testing later than usual. Back to work and exercise.

Tamagno

163 this morning

I think today may be just a bit warmer here.

So far this morning I've managed to let my coffee boil over and then spilled it putting it on the table; I'd best lay low today it seems...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost