You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

151 this morning.

John - Clearly you got up too early to have accomplished all those 'things' so quickly.  Go back to bed, sleep another hour or two and then get up, have your coffee and start your day.  :)

We got about 6 inches of the 'white stuff' yesterday and it made driving conditions sloppy and wet.  I have an appointment with the eye doctor today so I hope the roads have improved since yesterday.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  A very slight chance of rain here Thursday and Friday but there is also a prediction for rain in the burn areas where the serious mudslides and flooding happened.  Right now it is supposed to only be 1/10 inch so if that holds it should be OK.
Tamagno, I think Kathy is right.  It probably is a good idea to start over.   ;)
I have never been a fan of green tea.  Hot I prefer coffee but iced I really like regular Lipton tea and I make Sun Tea in warmer days and drink a lot of it.  To me green tea just doesn't have flavor.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this mostly clear morning, 86 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

I too like green tea, but also like black tea too.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

132 this morning.

Well, I seem temperamentally unable to go back to bed once I'm up, although Grammabear and Wally are doubtless right. My own devotion to my self-imposed rules, while efficient and tidy, aren't always productive I'm afraid!

Among those rules are a cup of herbal tea every night at 8pm, an hour before bed. I love fruity and sweet teas of berry, cherry, and peach flavors made with heavy cream and sweetened with sucralose. As I can't eat two hours before bed, I also add some Ovaltine if I suspect my glucose of being too low for the night.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

74 this morning. 

I seldom go back to bed either.  I guess it comes from a life long habit of getting up early and going to bed early also.  No one makes my rules except me, so I guess I could go back to bed if I wanted.....hmmm - maybe I will take my own advice one of these exceptionally cold mornings.

It is -1 deg F (-18 C) today but bright and sunny outside.  Snow finally stopped and we have 6 inches on the ground.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  It looks like any rain we get will be light or none which is good news for the burned areas still cleaning up from the mudslides. 
Yeah, I can't go back to bed either.  I am still in the habit of going to bed early and getting up around 5:00AM.  I really do seem to need at least 8 hours a night but then I am good for the rest of the day.  If I go back to bed I will just lie there or read and never fall back to sleep. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 (4.82) again this partly cloudy morning, 76 (4.21) at bedtime last night.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Helped myself to 3 spoons of Strawberry in whipped cream, SF of course.

128 this morning  >:(
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

131 today morning after not having enough food whole day yesterday. I had eggs and 2 slices of bread for breakfast and did not have time to eat the whole day. Had salad and raita and a piece of dark chocolate for dinner.

Tomm i have my doctor's appointment scheduled. Will keep you all posted.

Tamagno

122 this morning.

About 5" inches of snow here yeterday and frigid over night; winter.

I'm going to start making different dinners for my wife and I as I'd like things quite a bit spicier and sweeter than she. I realized that it's very little trouble to make a couple of different sauces or gravies and then divide up meats between them. I found some fish sauce and hot pepper spices in my cupboard that I want to try with a red curry and some left over beef tonight.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We will probably not see any rain but they are predicting a 20% chance.  Likely we will only see wind.  Good news for the Santa Barbara area.  They are expecting heavy snow in the Sierras though and that is a good thing.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

skb

Was better. Behaved yesterday

116 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

94 (5.21) this rainy morning, 88 (4.88)at bedtime last night.

Has been raining all day so lots of melting. Snow coming overnight and tomorrow.  Drove up to the mailbox in the morning to post a bill and got stuck on the slippery ice. Had to call AAA to get unstuck.  :(

rocky

Sorry folks, I've been away for a while. I've already 3 job interviews. The one that I like is an overseas assignment and I don't want to leave mum alone again. Job market is very tough in my industry at the present time. I've a couple of headhunters trying to work out things, but who knows. I'll keep trying and in the meantime continue to work where I do.

91 today. Diet control is maintained.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on January 18, 2018, 09:23:48 PMDrove up to the mailbox in the morning to post a bill and got stuck on the slippery ice. Had to call AAA to get unstuck.  :(
Same here! Couldn't even make it up our own driveway today to park in the garage. Had to drive clear up to the house, which would have been okay had there not been thawing from the roof which formed a puddle at the base of the stairs which was doubly treacherous because there was ice beneath the dripping water. We both managed to get across it with some judicious tap dancing!

And we use AAA the same way! lol! Even if it's only a flat tire in our own garage, we call AAA to come fix it - that's what we pay them for. The local tow truck guy is a friend (if he hadn't been before, he sure would be now!  ;D ), so we get to help him out too.