You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this mostly clear morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

Good luck Rocky!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

101 this morning.

Thanks for the advice, Kathy, I'll be talking to the Tandem rep today. I do find the auto-insert tricky to use so maybe a different insertion method would help. One thing's for sure: at this point, I'd never have any luck with Omnipod cannulas.

Started watching a Netflix series last night called "Indian Detective" about a Canadian guy who's adventures take him home to his family in India. William Shatner appears and the various culture clashes are fun. Anyway, I think of those of you in India as I see it and wonder how truly it reflects modern life there.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on January 22, 2018, 05:28:44 AM
Started watching a Netflix series last night called "Indian Detective" about a Canadian guy who's adventures take him home to his family in India. William Shatner appears and the various culture clashes are fun. Anyway, I think of those of you in India as I see it and wonder how truly it reflects modern life there.

Ah, that's Russel Peters. He's a stand up comedian and you'll find a lot of his videos on YouTube as well. As for that tele-serial, it's a lot of wild and vivid imagination let loose. I watched the first one and gave it up. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Last week my husband or I had an appointment of one type or another which gets tiring.  Today is one of those rare days when there are no appointments scheduled.  So it will be a normal day which we both appreciate.  It is raining here so it is also a good day to stay inside.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It looks like we will be right at 32° (0°C) for the overnight lows for the next couple of days and then warming up a bit.  No rain in sight.  They finally got all of the mud and debris removed from the 101 freeway and it is now open.  That is a big deal for anyone that lives in the area.  It is a major North/South highway.  Death toll from the mudslides now at 21 with two people still listed as missing. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this partly cloudy morning, 98 (5.43) at bedtime last night.

It has been mild here high temp during the day about 40°F (4.44°C) and overnights in the low 20's (-6.6°c). It is a bit after 7PM now and my phone weather app says it is snowing. There is a  ~ cat ~ in my lap so can't get up to see if it really is.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Carbcrazydog

Sorry have been off for a few days.

Visited the doctor and as i expected she told me to start on metformin and the usual diet and exercise. She said that Indian vegetarian diet sadly can only go so low carb and she has put me on a similar diet that i had in gestational diabetes. The dietitian was new and i think i was a little harsh on her when she told me to eat whole grains like jowar, bajra and whole wheat. I told her jowar spikes me the most and i went to 170+ in my pregnancy and she gave a nonchalant reply that yes that sometimes happens to people. Wasted 600 Rs on her. The doctor was alright. She basically spoke what i already knew + advocated metformin + no artificial sweetners + not more than 1 diet coke a week (with a disapproving look).

Rocky- your sentiment towards your mom is beautiful. I see a lot of this in India too. It is sadly declining...

rocky

Thanks ccd. I am very close to my mum. We take very good care of each other. She dotes on me and spoils me as best as she can.I enjoy all of her attention except when it affects my BG.  ;D

Still no luck on the job front, but I am working on that and should have some good offer soon.

Meanwhile my BG today 94 fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Good luck! Just curious- what is your job profile?

Tamagno

94 this morning.

SKB, that first episode of Indian Doctor isn't very inspiring I agree, but I decided to stick with it some and found it gets less silly as it goes. I'm just glad it's not as dark and post modern as so many of the recent crime and action shows.

My wife says she saw someplace with supposed codes that somehow "unlock" additional Netflix content, but I've neither heard nor seen anything about the matter. I can't quite see how that would work or what the extra content might be but mean to check into it.

Fact is, with everyone binge watching now, the creative people have an enormous challenge producing anything that's fresh or terribly innovative. Increasingly, I'm just looking for appealing scripts with good actors and interesting settings. Hard to find!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

We just finished with Marco Polo and enjoyed it since it was a period drama. Don't know the veracity of the story though.

Now we are watching an Irish crime drama known as The Fall. We like it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on January 23, 2018, 05:11:20 AMwith everyone binge watching now, the creative people have an enormous challenge producing anything that's fresh or terribly innovative.
This is SO true! My entire viewing experience now is watching old tv series on the computer, and when you watch several episodes over the course of a day or two, you really notice the formulaic patterns & the bad acting/directing becomes a serious annoyance!  ;)  Some shows that were quite fetching when shown only once a week I find become downright boring when aired more often.

Grammabear

97 this morning.

We had a high temperature of 52 deg F yesterday and as a result we had severe thundershowers last night with nickel size hail that covered the ground making it look like snow.  This morning it still looks like snow as the temperature fell overnight to 31 deg F which is just below freezing.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Mild weather here is quite a bit different than mild for many of you.  Here mild is overnight lows in the high 30's and daytime highs in the high 60's.  It looks like that is where we will be for the next 10 days at least.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Rocky & Tamagno! 94 (5.21) here this morning too! 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

Woke up to about an inch of new snow. Snow in the forecast for Wed, Thur & Fri. Not real thrilled about that.