You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We had a low of 28° (-2.2°C) overnight and that was what was predicted.  It is supposed to be warming up now for the next few days. 
Tamagno, I guess there are two sides to the issue.  i know that Medicare is insistent on the "proper code" for each claim and if there is a mistake it messes up everything.  My doctors office had problems a while back because the codes changed and the clinics software had not been updated.  When i get a statement form Medicare or my supplemental insurance all it shows is a code and there is no way to know what is being billed. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this cloudy morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

94 this morning. I need to get some time to read through all that I've missed but for now I have a meeting with someone who is helping me out with job prospects.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

146 this morning.

Wally, it's way beyond billing codes at this point although I know when U.S. docs had to switch to the international codes it was a headache!

I wonder what's become of a Shanny,  SKB, CCD, et al? I worry that people are all right...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  A bit warmer for our overnight low and the day should be nice.  It was comfortable yesterday in a T-shirt in the sun. 
Tamagno, I am sure it is much worse for the providers and I don't know what it takes to keep up on it all.  Just from a patients point of view it has become impossible to know what is being charged for.  All of the statements I receive from Medicare and my supplemental insurance list codes only.  It seems like an open door to fraud from an unscrupulous provider but that is just my thoughts.   
I also wonder when we don't hear from someone that usually posts regularly.  It is a small group here and when a member misses posting it makes me wonder if something is wrong also.  I have thought about it before and when I finally kick the bucket there is no one to pass the word.  I may leave instructions to my brother to make a post from my computer. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

157 this morning.  I wish someone could tell me why my fasting one morning is a respectable 98 and the next morning is a disgusting 157.  I had absolutely nothing after supper last night and this morning my numbers are way off.  I can't ask my GP as she knows nothing about the pump.

We got freezing rain last night, so we will put off doing any errands this morning at least.  Winter is not done yet.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on January 28, 2018, 05:13:37 AM
I wonder what's become of a Shanny,  SKB, CCD, et al? I worry that people are all right...
I'm here and we're all right. Had to make a run to town this afternoon for milk & cream . . . completely out of cream & very low on milk. Ran into a sale on Jimmy Dean, so grabbed several rolls of JD sage sausage & that will be supper tonight. I'm a sausage lover from way back!  ;)

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this cloudy morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night.

Still mild temps. It was 40°F (4.4°C) today, overnight predicted 31°F (-0.56°C). Still no snow in the forecast, but these freezing nights are still creating ice rinks around my yard.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Quote from: walkerwally1 on January 28, 2018, 09:53:08 AM
I also wonder when we don't hear from someone that usually posts regularly.  It is a small group here and when a member misses posting it makes me wonder if something is wrong

Me too. But I've been very irregular myself. I saw ccd online the other day but didn't see skb in a while.

93 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

91 this morning.

Wally, you're right about trying to understand Medicare statements; for what it's worth, insurance companies are little better, but often have better customer service. By the way, good deal to have someone post when you "kick the bucket"! I've often wondered...

Grammabear, I sure do wish I could answer your question with something useful. Even if your doc was skilled with pumps, there are just too many factors to consider!

Shanny, sausage sounds good. I'll be doing some cooking later and think maybe I'll do something with some spicy Italian sausage and lots of cheese.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

108 this morning.

It is very cloudy and stormy looking here.  I'm afraid we're in for some unpleasant weather.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  My, oh my, we are looking at warming up for the next few days and next week may be in the high 70s and even 80° (26.7°C).  I really enjoy walking around outside in a T-shirt during the day and feel for those of you dealing with the cold and snow but it would be nice to have some winter weather here, especially anything wet.  Today Southern California, especially Los Angeles and Ventura county, are looking at very high winds and low humidity so high fire danger.  A fire started last night in Malibu but they got on it quickly and it is fully contained.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this partly cloudy morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night.

skb is off on vacation with spotty, or no internet.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on January 28, 2018, 05:13:37 AM

I was in Oman, participating in the Extreme Wahiba Challenge 2018. That's a desert crossing in Jeeps over a period of 2 days. I'm fine but exhausted. Will write about that separately in the Chit-Chat board. Thanks for asking about me. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

125 this morning.

SKB, you never cease to amaze me; your exploits are fantastic and I look forward to hearing about it!

While we've nothing like your heat, Wally, midday temperatures in the mid-40s here are a great relief and sparing some of my remaining firewood.

No forays with my 4Runner into Omani deserts today, but I may risk the perils of, um, "forward" older women and go to the grocery today where it's an extra 7% off for seniors...