You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

108 this morning.

No warming trend here because our weather at present is a whopping 18 deg F (-7.78 C).  However the sun is shinning nice and bright and for that I am greatful. 

My dryer decided to quit last night, so I have to call the repairman this morning and see if it can be fixed.  Do not want to buy a new one yet.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  I'm not going to talk about the weather here.  I think some people dealing with the cold may not appreciate it.   :-X
SKB, I remember now, after Barbara reminded us, that you had told us you were going on the Extreme Wahiba Challenge 2018.  Hope you had a great time.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: Shanny on January 28, 2018, 05:09:59 PM
Quote from: Tamagno on January 28, 2018, 05:13:37 AM
I wonder what's become of a Shanny,  SKB, CCD, et al? I worry that people are all right...
I'm here and we're all right. Had to make a run to town this afternoon for milk & cream . . . completely out of cream & very low on milk. Ran into a sale on Jimmy Dean, so grabbed several rolls of JD sage sausage & that will be supper tonight. I'm a sausage lover from way back!  ;)

Thanks Tamagno! Sorry i havent been able to log in. Have been having real long hours at work and i am literally a zombie the rest of the time. I am expecting things to improve by the end of the week.

My daughter's bday is in less than a month and i was smiling to myself thinking about all the "waiting" this group did when she was about to arrive.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on January 30, 2018, 10:29:55 AM
SKB, I remember now, after Barbara reminded us, that you had told us you were going on the Extreme Wahiba Challenge 2018.  Hope you had a great time.

Yup. Since this is an annual event held only in January (ideal weather conditions) and only 10 teams are allowed (4 jeeps each) the bookings close by early December. I had mentioned it, and you said that dune bashing was something you did with your friends years ago.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

so late to report 91 (5.04) this cloudy
morning, 97 (5.37) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

112 this morning.

Glad to see your post this morning, CCD! Hopefully, your schedule improves shortly.

Well, Grammabear, it's cold here again today as well. I woke in the night sorry I hadn't used my electric blanket. You are sure having a bad run with appliances! It seems they're awfully expensive and not terribly durable these days.

Finally used up the various left overs in the 'fridge last night and will make some lamb patties and crustless spinach pie tonight. Easy to do, and very low carb...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  I went outside around 5:00 AM to take a look at the Lunar Eclipse, "Blue Moon", "Blood Moon" that the news has been going on about.  Clear skies here so it was easy to view.  Pretty neat but I didn't stay outside long.
Grammabear, hope you get your drier fixed without any problem.  A drier is pretty easy to fix most of the time.  There is not much to go wrong with them.  I have repaired my own twice, once a broken belt and once a bad switch.  Other appliances with all of the electronics nowdays are almost impossible to home repair anymore.  Our dishwasher had the main control panel fail and fortunately it was under warranty.  If not the new control panel was more than 1/2 the cost of a new dishwasher plus the labor.  It would have been better to buy a new one if not under warranty.  I think that is pretty much how it is now.

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

118 this morning - not sure where that came from as I did zero snacking last night.

Weather here is 35 deg F (1.67 C) and a high of 41 deg expected.  Very unusual weather for January but don't mind it.  Sure beats shoveling snow!

Crustless spinach pie is one of my favorites although I have no recipe for it.  I usually take advantage of it if it happens to be on the menu at one of our favorite restaurants.  Would love to have a recipe...:)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Can't complain about our dryer . . . it's over 30 years old & still does the job. But last week the lint filter came apart & I wasn't feeling very confident about replacing it. But a quick scan of Sears' parts lists came up with the exact replacement, so it's in transit now & I hope it fits!

What I can complain about is my stiff neck! It's bugging me to no end & I've been wearing my soft cervical collar (neck brace) 24/7 and using norco besides. Dunno what I did to get it riled up, but I wish it would hurry up & get better.

Grammabear

The clothes dryer we had before 'this one' was more than 40 yrs old and we had one service call on it in all those years.  'This' dryer has a computer built into it and when the dryer "senses" that it is getting too hot, it flashes a red light on the dashboard display.  I guess that means that I'm not supposed to use it so much?  Anyway, the only way to get rid of the red light is to go outside where the vent is and remove the lint collected (if any) at the end of the vent hose.  Since it was dark outside and I'm not about to join the wild critters strolling through our yard, I decided to call it a day.  Hubby fixed it when he came home from work at 2 a.m. and next morning it is working just fine.

Sorry about your neck Shanny.  Have you considered chiropractor treatment or therapeutic massage? 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this mostly clear morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

Hope your neck is better soon Shanny!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Hello,

How is everyone ?

@grammabear, sorry about your dryer
@shanny, hope you get well soon
@skb, great to have you back
@ccd, good luck with the birthday celebrations

I might have something of interest on the job front. I will know in a couple of days.
Meanwhile, numbers remain range bound. 92 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Grammabear, crustless spinach pie is really easy. I'll post the recipe I have a bit later for you. Glad your dryer's fixed!

Rocky, I hope the new job comes through!

Shanny, chronic neck pain must be terrible. I can't offer advice, but hope it is relieved very soon.

Wally, we had the blue moon also which I'm told was a so-called "super blue moon."  The night sky is especially bright bringing to mind several British novels by C.S. Lewis and George MacDonald during which mystical happenings occur. No such goings on here...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  It looks like our weather is stuck and not going to change for at least the next 10 days.  It is a good place to be stuck with highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 40s.
Shanny, a pain in the neck is miserable, hope it gets better soon.
Rocky, hope it is going to work out.
Grammabear, glad you were able to get the drier back to working.  Much better than having to call a service person.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

117 this morning.

Rocky - I hope you get the new job and that it allows you the freedom to visit your Mum when you desire.

skb - It sounds like you had the chance of a lifetime and you enjoyed all of the different things about the trip.

It is 16 deg F (-8.89 deg C) here today but the sun is shining brightly.  I've noticed the days are getting longer and pretty soon it will be Spring.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021