You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this partly cloudy morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

Weather has been mild here. Highs in the low 40's overnight lows in the low 30's. Yes, I'm enjoying the light returning too Grammabear!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Thanks everyone for the good wishes on the job front. I hope things do work out. I'm beginning to get a little tired of the whole exercise.

92 this morning again.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

146 this morning.

It snowed 3-4 inches here last night and is quite cold this morning. Haven't been out yet, but the surface of the snow is odd and mottled looking as though perhaps there was sleet or ice following the snow.

Grammabear, thanks for being the first to mention longer days and spring!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

175 this morning.

It is just 3 deg F (-15 C) here today with the wind chill being -10 deg.  And wouldn't you know it we have to drive to another town to get the windshield on my husband's car repaired.  So cold here.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  Well, the Groundhog has done it's thing :
On Friday morning, Punxsutawney Phil scurried out of his little marmot hole saw his shadow. This omen indicates a long winter. Great.
That would not be good news for those on the east side of the continent but here on the left coast it is obvious the weather god doesn't pay attention to the rodent.  I doubt that we are going to see anymore winter weather. 
Rocky, job hunting is never fun but hopefully it produces the results you are seeking.
Tamagno and Grammabear,   ~shvr~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this cloudy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night. It has been so cloudy here I missed all the beautiful sightings of the moon.

Light dusting of snow this morning. Temps still very mild for this time of year. Thanks Wally for the Punxsutawney Phil report. Hope it isn't true...

Rocky, it is not fun job hunting but hopefully you will land on the perfect one. Patience...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Almost as cold as you here this morning, Grammabear, at 7 degrees. Likely be in single digits the rest of the day and I don't even wabt to know the chill factor! I doubt we'll be going anywhere beyond the wood pille today. I sure hope your car heater is working...

Wally, perhaps it'll please you to know I fixed our cordless vacuum yesterday myself. My wife was buying a new one so I decided to give it a try despite the usual array of fragile-looking plastic bits and screws. When I finally got the brush out it turned out the inside bearings of the brush were completely jammed with dog fur. Runs like a charm now.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

133 this morning.

John - Doesn't it make you feel good to fix something you thought was broken?  :)  I have heard other people comment that dog fur does seem to build up quickly in the vacuums no matter what model they are using.

We got my husband's car windshield replaced yesterday and ended up doing a ton of errands while we were waiting.  One of which we stopped at the Immediate Care Clinic to see a Doctor for my sore on my back.  Turns out I stopped there.  It is an infected epidermoid cyst which isn't a big deal (I hope).  Doctor gave me oral antibiotic and an antibiotic creme.  She said I have a 50/50 chance of avoiding having to see a surgeon for it.  I am hoping that trying to keep my sugar numbers under control and strict hygenic practices will give me the best outcome.  When we were done seeing the Doctor, I got a call on my cell phone that the car was done, so we stopped there and picked up the car.  By the time we got home, we both were very tired.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  On the plus side the weather here is very comfortable.  On the minus side the snow pack in the Sierras is very low and this year looks like another drought is upon us.  There could be a bit of a reprieve if we get plenty of rain in march but that is iffy.
Tamagno, isn't it fun to fix something that otherwise would get thrown out ?  Especially when it is a situation where there is nothing to lose by tearing it apart.   :D 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

There's an old saying which many of us oldsters were raised by:

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."

A lot of our families didn't have extra cash lying around to do anything else.

bigskygal

92 (5.1) this cloudy morning, 94 (5.21) at bedtime last night.

skb

Quote from: Shanny on February 03, 2018, 02:19:00 PM
"Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."

I've heard a different version of something which means the same thing,

"Use it or lose it".
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Well, sorta the same thing. This was from the Depression Era in the 1930s when people had no money, very few assets, and had to be very frugal. It was called the 'Dirty 30s', because it was also the time of the Dust Bowl in the Midwest & Great Plains of the US.

My parents lived through it, and still practiced those frugal measures for the rest of their lives. I came along 10-12 years later, and was taught the same ethic.

rocky

I believe in repairing things rather than replacing them. But I do think that "If ain't broke, don't fix it" is also true.

97 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

105 this morning.

Grammabear, I'm glad you caught that infection. I wonder if that's part of the source of your recent glucose fluctuations?

I'm all for fixing things myself and grew up much like you, Shanny. When I learned those various skills, however, things were made more of metal or wood and often a new part could be fabricated with something laying around the shop. Now, though, everything is minimally engineered with plastic that can't really be redone. It's frustrating! (As a boy, I never even bought batteries as my grandfather had shown me how to make my own - he'd learned his electrical/mechanical skills during the depression and passed them on.)

Today, I'm making lasagna without noodles. Looking forward to a yummy dinner!