You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

106 this morning.

Barb - that is the same here with USPS and UPS.  The USPS guy puts the pkg near the porch, the UPS guy puts pkg near my front door which is under porch roof thus protecting the pkg from rain, snow etc.  I wish PRIME PANTRY would give customer a choice of which one they want. 

It was about 55 deg here yesterday, however today it is 25 deg. It isn't time to put away the flannel shirt and lined jeans just yet. Tamagno - my husband has flannel lined jeans that he find very comfortable in case you haven't explored that option yet.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on February 21, 2018, 04:55:03 AMYesterday when I looked at Amazon, the only groceries I found were basically dry goods. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place somehow; it'd be great to find meats, for example, at lower prices.
Well, it's doubtful they would offer anything perishable, because they can't control all the conditions of shipping the items.

When I open Prime Pantry, there is a left-hand column which lists 'groceries, snacks, beverages, household supplies, beauty & grooming, baby care & food, nutrition & wellness, healthcare, pet care as well as office supplies'. Each one is a clickable link.

walkerwally1

Well, they do offer delivery of meat, vegetables, etc. but only in certain cities and zip codes where they also offer one and two hour delivery.  Which means in a metropolitan area and that makes me wonder why someone needs to have groceries delivered when there is probably a grocery store around the corner ? 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Well, even if the store were just around the corner, I would prob'ly be one of those who still opt for delivery, because it's hard for us to get out, and I dislike shopping with a vengeance. It was never one of my favorite things, and now that I'm old & decrepit, I despise it all the more.

bigskygal

94 this cold morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

26°F (-3.33°C) here today. Yesterday USPS put my Amazon delivery on my mailbox up at the road. Today UPS walked the rest of my order to my door from the road. God Bless UPS!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

UPS & FedEx always come to our door too. Not so USPS, but we have a very large mailbox, so most items fit in it. But it leaks when it rains, so unless we scurry out there right after the carrier leaves, we have sodden mail. Yesterday's mail is still strung out all over the living room floor, drying out. The wet catalogs we just throw out, but unfortunately TIME magazine was delivered yesterday also . . .  :(

Tamagno

152 this morning.

Thanks, Grammabear, I've got three pair! Yesterday was in the mid-60s so I wore normal jeans, but the flannel-lined ones will be back today.

Wally, all the years I lived in Manhattan, grocery shopping was a huge hassle. The stores are small and cramped and there's no easy way to lug things to your apartment. I can definitely see using a food delivery service especially if you're old and, um, decrepit. Also, older people are a prime target for muggers. (Yet more reasons I so dislike cities and living in them.)

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  It looks like we will be in the low 50s for the rest of the month and maybe see rain the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of March, Hope so.
Shanny and Tamagno, I think those are very good reasons to use home delivery for groceries.  Unfortunately, living in a rural area, it is not likely to be available.  Right now I am close to stores and able to shop so I like it.  I know there will be a time when it is not going to be something I can do easily.  Here the two Supermarkets do deliver to your home.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

103 this morning.

Tamagno - the only thing that is difficult for me when my husband's flannel lined jeans need to be laundered is the fact that they take forever to dry.  I usually dry them for a set time and then turn them inside out and hang them up in the doorway. 

My son gave me a calendar for Christmas where each day you tear off the page and there is a new saying.
The saying for today is this one.

"We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress." - Humorist Will Rogers.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on February 22, 2018, 11:00:29 AM
"We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress." - Humorist Will Rogers.

Like the daily Fasting and Exercise threads, you could start a Quote for the Day thread in the Lounge Board. I've seen that on many forums.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

93 this morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Quote from: skb on February 22, 2018, 08:51:45 PM
Like the daily Fasting and Exercise threads, you could start a Quote for the Day thread in the Lounge Board. I've seen that on many forums.

Good idea. I'll do it and then grammabear you can join in.

92 fasting this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Oh dear, "Quote for the Day" sounds like a place I could get in trouble...

I'm going to have to try and fire up my chain saw this morning to cut up some too-long logs I've got. Hopefully, it'll start in the cold and will be short work.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

71 this morning.  Having a lot of trouble with lows since having the infections.  Time to rethink my insulin intake.

Raining and gloomy looking here today.  Have groceries on our agenda and several errands as well.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

75 this morning.  Sometimes it is a combination of a dinner lean on carbs and protein and no DP that seems to give me a nice low fasting number.
It was very windy again yesterday so not nice outside.  Makes shopping a challenge getting from the car to the store and back.
No rain here but they are getting snow in the mountains and that is good.  So far 12-14 inches at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area and still snowing.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023