You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

102 this morning.

The closest thing to bread is the "sandwich rounds" I make out of almond and coconut flour.  Even those I have to watch the quantity especially when they come out of the oven smelling so delicious.  I do bake for my DH but only in small amounts so he can continue to have his sweets of which he is fond and never gains weight.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

100 this partly cloudy morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Hello folks,

How are you all doing. I'm holding good in all matters of diet and BG. 95 fasting today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

157 this morning.

Well, I used to eat great quantities of most everything, including carbs, but haven't in so long it's amazing. I'm sure my wife would be happy if I sat around eating trail mix or potato chips (she bought a bag for me), but I just can't.

When I make French fries, Wally, I never eat more than a few either. Your chili, by the way, sounds good!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Winds are gone and it is starting to warm up.  It is supposed to be around 75° by Thursday.
Tamagno, yeah, I can manage only a few French Fries once in a while.  I don't cook them but my BIL does and I grab about 3-4 and put them on my plate and that is it.  I could load the plate up but that would not work.  The bread i am buying from Netrition is Chompies and it is 3g of total carbs per slice with 2g of that fiber.  I do OK with two slices and so I can have a real sandwich sometimes.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

108 this morning.

With our warmer temperatures in the 40s and 50s we thought Spring was going to come early.  I guess NOT as the weatherman's forecast last night was for snow tonight....3-4" of the white stuff.  At least it will not stick around for long though, I hope.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on March 05, 2018, 09:47:47 AM
With our warmer temperatures in the 40s and 50s we thought Spring was going to come early.  I guess NOT as the weatherman's forecast last night was for snow tonight....3-4" of the white stuff.  At least it will not stick around for long though, I hope.
Yeah, I was used to that at our old house in the mountains.  This weekend there was about 3 inches of snow there.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Rocky 95 here too this lightly snowing morning. 97 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 39°F (3.89°C). It lightly snowed on and off in the morning,but most of that new snow has melted off.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

137 this morning.

Snow headed our way as well, Grammabear. Supposed to be over 8", but I remain optimistic about it.

Still, I'll head out to the grocery this morning for a few things and get that out of the way.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

82 this morning.

We got the white stuff for sure, but before that we got freezing rain and sleet.  The roads are horrible.  Will be glad to see warmer temperature so I don't have to worry myself about falling on the sidewalk.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  It is warming up as predicted and is supposed to be 75° Thursday but now there is a 40% chance of rain Sunday.  That was not there yesterday.  I wonder how, with all of the satellites, radar and computers the weather guys can so often be surprised by what happens.
You guys dealing with snow, stay safe and stay warm.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

90 this mostly clear morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Mild weather continues. My dirt road to the street is a mud suck. I have to go out tomorrow to go to the PO and grocery shop. Haven't been out in 10 days.

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on March 06, 2018, 08:39:18 AMso I don't have to worry myself about falling on the sidewalk.
Fear of falling is one of the things that occupies my mind most of all, and today those fears were realized. It wasn't on ice or even outside, but right in our own garage as I tried to navigate the ramp between the garage & the workshop.

Soft landing & no damage done; DH was able to help me up & all was well, but now every little twinge makes me think it's from the fall.  :-\ 

Plus we have to go out again today for a longer trip, and I'm thinking about making it an overnight, since we have no furballs to hurry home to, and I just don't see myself doing another expedition all in one day. I know I'm a lazy old fool, but I've think I've earned it all these years!  ~tup~

Tamagno

166 this morning.

Shanny, I see nothing foolish in your "laziness." I sure hope that twinge resolves quickly!

Major snow headed my way, I'm afraid. I called my oncologist yesterday to change my appointment and was told even they were going to be closed because of it. Predictions are for 12-18", but as always, I'm hoping for much less. Naturally, I also am staying in today.

Shanny

Interesting . . . would the oncologist's office have notified you of their closure, had you not called them first? Or would you have made the effort, only to find their office shuttered?