You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

116 this morning.

Actually, the catsup turned out good. It's a fairly simple recipe spiced with allspice, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and containing tomato purée, canned whole tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, onion and garlic. The recipe I found calls for brown sugar, but it can just as well be sweetened with sucralose. Even with the brown sugar, it has only about 2 carbs a tablespoon.

What I like about making my own, besides controlling the carbs, is being able to adjust the flavorings to taste. The recipe I used made about a quart that should last a while and wind up a bit cheaper than the manufactured stuff.

I'll post the recipe if anyone wants it.

(Oh yes, my meat loaf turned out good as well.)

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

86 this morning.

I would like the catsup recipe as I'm certain it is better for us than the mfg variety.

Feeling nauseated today from the mediicine for the UTI.  Guess I'll make some ginger tea.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Expecting rain later today and we are covered with clouds.  Temp. at 6:00 AM 61° so the clouds are holding the heat in.  This system is coming from the South so it is warmer and snow levels will be higher. 
Interesting John, it doesn't sound too complicated.  I am a catsup lover so the idea of being able to change the spices is interesting.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

96 this clear morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

I'll have to google low carb catsup recipe and see what comes up. Yours sounds tasty John.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on March 10, 2018, 05:26:13 AM
I'll post the recipe if anyone wants it.

Please post the recipe John. We'd love to try it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

I use the bottled ones too.
@tamagno, do share the recipe. I'll ask my mum to make it.

96 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

144 this morning.

Yesterday I actually managed (with considerable difficulty) to get in my attic and pull down most all of the boxes I wanted to get out. Today I'll start going through them and get the junk sorted out and ready for the dump.

I see I also have my first PC up there which is a Compaq 286 circa 1988. Anybody remember DOS commands and prompts? As I recall, it's got a whopping 2k of memory and Windows 3.1...

Here's the link to the catsup recipe I tried. Enjoy!

https://www.inspiredtaste.net/27375/homemade-ketchup-recipe/

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Well, we did get rain yesterday.  It was supposed to start after 4:00 PM but actually started around 9:00 AM.  Sprinkled for a couple of hours at first just getting the ground wet but around 11:000 AM it began raining, not hard but steady.  That kept on for the rest of the day into the night.  This morning we have an unusual condition for here.  Humidity is 99% and it is foggy. 
The time change did catch me off guard this morning.  I normally wake up around 5:30 AM on my own but this morning I did the same forgetting that it was 6:30.  It will take me a few dats to get used to it.
Tamagno, I remember my first computer was a generic 386 with 2K of memory.  It had Windows 3.1 but would just barely run it.  I took it to a local computer shop and had it bumped up to a whopping 4K. 
I think it would be fun to try the catsup recipe. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

92 this morning.

The weather is beautiful and sunny today.  It is hard to get used to this time change thing. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

I hate the time change and see no good reason for it. I also can't puzzle out why it throws me off so much, because hey! I'm retired! Not living according to any schedule - choosing my own hours day in & day out. But still it messes me up, and that irks me!  ;D 

We have high humidity here too, and temps above freezing, but still in the 30s.

I don't really remember my first computer because for years I was getting castoffs from the kids. But early on, I do remember one son giving me a few lessons on his Commadore 64. I was afraid I'd make a mistake & mess up something, and - in the honest and forthright manner I always taught my kids - he told me 'Mom? You don't know enough to do any damage.'  ~bnc~

skb

My first computer was also way back in mid 1980s. It was from an Indian company known as Pertech Computers. It was a MS-DOS operated computer with a greenish tinged monitor. We basically used it for accounts software and some basic word processing. The spreadsheets were then made in a software known as dBase and I had learnt to make quite a few macros or short programs if you will, based on dBase commands. They were a set of basic IF, AND/OR, ELSE commands. Funny the larger database programs today still use the IF / ELSE logic.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

166 this morning.

Wally, I see you and SKB are also old hands at PCs. Running 4K of memory back then was tremendous and must have set you back some bucks! SKB, I miss those days of writing macros and being able to easily go in and make program changes; something I wouldn't try now at all...

Tonight I'm making some Thai chicken with shrimp in red curry. I think I've got everything at hand, so no need even to go out today.

skb

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  It is supposed to be sunny and warm today, 75°, but we then have a storm system passing through for the rest of the week.  Cooler temps with a 20-40% chance of rain. 
I seem to be adjusting to the time change OK, up early this morning and have an appointment with my primary.  Should be short, all of my blood tests came out good.
Yeah, I did get familiar with DOS with my first computer.  Even though it had windows a lot of programs still ran on DOS.  And yes Tamagno, the 2K of ram at that time was pricy.  Hard to believe I am running 16 Gig of memory on the computer I am using now.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Going to get our taxes done this afternoon and not really looking forward to this appointment.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021